P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Weather getting better there all the time after some pretty iffy days recently.  At least you missed the latest Calima.

We are trying to decide on a villa for November. Spolit for choice - looks as if people are not confident about booking too far ahead.

Enjoy your holiday.

Cheers Wowzz. The weather looks fair for next week, 18-22oC, that will do me a spot of exfoliation never hurt anyone if Calima appears. They have also announced that mandatory covid certs for pubs/restaurants, etc are being scrapped due to falling covid cases. Plus the pubs can stay open longer.I have to say we are getting a bit giddy now, maybe not so much at 03:30 tomorrow morning when our taxi picks us up.

It is a nice start to the day here after a bit of overnight frost, we have had snow forecast for tonight on the tops.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Weather getting better there all the time after some pretty iffy days recently.  At least you missed the latest Calima.

We are trying to decide on a villa for November. Spolit for choice - looks as if people are not confident about booking too far ahead.

Enjoy your holiday.

End of March for us. The checklist is a little behind yours. Insurance sorted. Pay BA in 3 weeks, book car park. So much to do. Is it all worth it ?.......... 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Cheers Wowzz. The weather looks fair for next week, 18-22oC, that will do me a spot of exfoliation never hurt anyone if Calima appears. They have also announced that mandatory covid certs for pubs/restaurants, etc are being scrapped due to falling covid cases. Plus the pubs can stay open longer.I have to say we are getting a bit giddy now, maybe not so much at 03:30 tomorrow morning when our taxi picks us up.

It is a nice start to the day here after a bit of overnight frost, we have had snow forecast for tonight on the tops.

Am I jealous?......you bet I am.

• Haha 1

Morning all I’m starting to think about my 3 night cruise in April now, I found a suitable dress in my wardrobe that will be ok for formal night - but I may have to go looking for new shoes!! 😉😉 

As Phil says I’m feeling a bit giddy now, actually planning for it now.  Three days is all I can cope with at the moment 😊

Hope everyone is well and Phil has a great holiday.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

End of March for us. The checklist is a little behind yours. Insurance sorted. Pay BA in 3 weeks, book car park. So much to do. Is it all worth it ?.......... 🤣

I think it  is worth it for 3 weeks or so.

We are quite picky about where we want to be, and have specific requirements for the villa. Plus we like to fly from DSA, and there is limited hire car availability in Lanzarote, hence planning early.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:17 AM, purplesea said:

Good morning everyone.

Had a good journey up to Southampton. Queen Mary 2 was docked when we arrived.

Cloudy here, can see Iona from our room😀

See you soon, take care and stay safe.

Pam

Are you rested now? How did the cruise go?

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Spelling

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a lovely holiday in Lanzagrote , the Calima as not long gone from fuerteventura been hanging around much longer this year SIL said, ruins the garden furniture and always hosing the car off , hope you get which I’m sure you will some lovely sunshine now, we get to lanzarote on the 27th and on a excursion to visit north of the Island.

Have a good trip 🌞✈️🍹🍺

• Like 1

Back home to glorious sunshine and tired dogs. Brother and SIL have gone off home so just settling myself in the chair nearest the downstairs bathroom for now and will use the extra bedroom down here for a day or so. No pain at all and will use my stick to help me to wander round the yard a couple of times before dark. Think that will do for day one.

24 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a lovely holiday in Lanzagrote , the Calima as not long gone from fuerteventura been hanging around much longer this year SIL said, ruins the garden furniture and always hosing the car off , hope you get which I’m sure you will some lovely sunshine now, we get to lanzarote on the 27th and on a excursion to visit north of the Island.

Have a good trip 🌞✈️🍹🍺

Thank you and you too, we will still be there as we don't come home till 5th March

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

Back home to glorious sunshine and tired dogs. Brother and SIL have gone off home so just settling myself in the chair nearest the downstairs bathroom for now and will use the extra bedroom down here for a day or so. No pain at all and will use my stick to help me to wander round the yard a couple of times before dark. Think that will do for day one.

Good idea to stay downstairs for a couple of days. I had a replacement hip a year ago & the thing I was most worried about was the stairs which actually turned out to be no trouble at all! Take things easy, do the exercises & you'll be amazed at the result. Very best wishes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ccpm said:

Glad it went well, and that you’ve got that out of the way.  Take care not to fall if you do venture outside.

Is the other one lined up for later this year?

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Our first cruise ship back in the day. We cruised on all the Sun cruises ships but Seawing was our favourite.

May be an image of ocean and text

Sunbird was our first cruise in June 2003.

We sailed on her again in June 2004 before Thomson took over and renamed her Thomson Destiny.

4°C and cloudy most of today.

Graham.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

image.png.4ed063f31c5c11c8d5a383fb601d0999.png

This made me laugh, but am I alone in feeling disappointed if I 'stumble' on the answer too soon?  I like a challenge and if I get it at the 2nd attempt (like today) it's largely due to luck.  I'd much rather do some real work to solve it!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

This made me laugh, but am I alone in feeling disappointed if I 'stumble' on the answer too soon?  I like a challenge and if I get it at the 2nd attempt (like today) it's largely due to luck.  I'd much rather do some real work to solve it!

Totally agree.  I too did it at the 2nd attempt today but only because I was lucky enough to choose a very helpful starting word.  The euphoria soon dissolved into disappointment!

Edited by Astrajet

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sunbird was our first cruise in June 2003.

We sailed on her again in June 2004 before Thomson took over and renamed her Thomson Destiny.

4°C and cloudy most of today.

Graham.

Destiny was our first cruise ship ,loved the Sky Bar (bobbing around like a cork )

Then down to the buffet for a late night curry ,under that draughty canvas roof.

Happy days :classic_love:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Destiny was our first cruise ship ,loved the Sky Bar (bobbing around like a cork )

Then down to the buffet for a late night curry ,under that draughty canvas roof.

A lot of people didn't realise it was a bar because the entrance to the sky bar was outside at the back of the ship and up some stairs so it was never busy but the views were amazing.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kalos said:

I liked the Destiny too. Why did they call the show lounge the Klahoma? 😉 The Sky Bar was my favourite once I had worked out how to get to it. A passenger told me they would not mind trying it but did not like the idea of having to climb up that ladder on the front of the funnel, HONEST 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Totally agree.  I too did it at the 2nd attempt today but only because I was lucky enough to choose a very helpful starting word.  The euphoria soon dissolved into disappointment!

3 rd today ,only cos I zigged when I should have zagged :classic_mellow: but that's my life story when it comes to crosswords ..Clue "Found on bottom of budgie cages "

four letters ending  in    " I T" :classic_smile:

I was sure I'd got this , but it turned out to be G R I T :classic_unsure:

PS If you see someone doing a crossword puzzle and want to annoy them ..

Whisper in their ear, " 7 up is lemonade." :classic_wink:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 9

14 hours ago, davecttr said:

I liked the Destiny too. Why did they call the show lounge the Klahoma? 😉 The Sky Bar was my favourite once I had worked out how to get to it. A passenger told me they would not mind trying it but did not like the idea of having to climb up that ladder on the front of the funnel, HONEST 🤣

Reminds me of the 2 Ronnies sketch."Have you got any O's".

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Reminds me of the 2 Ronnies sketch."Have you got any O's".

Nobody know the answer? 😁

Here is another another true one, different ship. I was asked why the pool deck whirlpools had awnings over them. With a straight face I answered it was to keep you dry if it was raining. Thanks they said and wandered off - DOH!

• Haha 5

Blue sky this morning, I’m up early watch winter Olympic Games , and going to the O2 shop soon , haven’t had internet on my phone for 3 days since they added a bolt on for travelling, don’t need this now for my phone to be messed up when due to go away , I also hope Yorkshirephil, flight and travel is good 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Glad it went well, and that you’ve got that out of the way.  Take care not to fall if you do venture outside.

Is the other one lined up for later this year?

Yes the other one is fixed for May I think although fixed  in Mr S' vocabulary means if he is about, he certainly knows how to holiday but I like him. TMI alert: This one is slightly more complex as I have a fatty pad to be dealt with as well. When I moved here I tripped over an old rug they left and fell on my backside. It felt just as if something tore and it did - a fatty lump about 4" in diameter which has now it seems settled at the rear of my hip. It presents like a tennis ball has got stuck there. So he has to get that gone which he isn't keen to do himself so enter stage left Mr R who will do that first.

This hip is doing fine but I am a fast recovery person from whatever surgery. I am quite cautious as this is the first major op since I have lived alone but I changed the large useless (for me) study into a bedroom and adjoining shower room for future proofing and this has  helped no end. When the physio comes today we are doing stairs, stairs and more stairs as well as the general stuff so may get back to my own bed soon.