P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

He definitely wouldn’t want to do the zip line 😊

We’ll book the train via P&O, I know it’s cheaper to do it independently but I’m a worrier and would feel safer knowing there’s no chance we’d miss the ship 🥴

Can you hire the bikes at the top if P&O don’t do an excursion that includes the option of cycling down? 

We are due to visit Flam on Britannia in September and one of the excursions listed is Flam railway and biking. 

Taken from My P&OCruises:

"Soak up the sights during a journey on the world-famous Flåm Railway, then immerse yourself in the picturesque landscape on a bike ride back down the mountain.

Board the train at Flåm station, sit back and watch the views grow more and more dramatic as you climb 2,800 feet over a distance of just 12.5 miles. Passing by sheer cliffs, verdant valleys and sparkling lakes, the train will slow down at key sections to make perfect photo opportunities.

Reaching the highest station, Mydral, you’ll turn back and descend to Berekvam, over half way down the railway. Hop onto your bike here and begin the thrilling ride on narrow gravel and asphalt roads towards the valley floor. Follow your expert guide and enjoy the rush of pure air as you pass by raging waterfalls and tranquil mountain scenes"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We are due to visit Flam on Britannia in September and one of the excursions listed is Flam railway and biking. 

"Soak up the sights during a journey on the world-famous Flåm Railway, then immerse yourself in the picturesque landscape on a bike ride back down the mountain.

Board the train at Flåm station, sit back and watch the views grow more and more dramatic as you climb 2,800 feet over a distance of just 12.5 miles. Passing by sheer cliffs, verdant valleys and sparkling lakes, the train will slow down at key sections to make perfect photo opportunities.

Reaching the highest station, Mydral, you’ll turn back and descend to Berekvam, over half way down the railway. Hop onto your bike here and begin the thrilling ride on narrow gravel and asphalt roads towards the valley floor. Follow your expert guide and enjoy the rush of pure air as you pass by raging waterfalls and tranquil mountain scenes"

That’s great, thank you for that 😊

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purplesea said:

That's a subtle way of saying "bouncing down uncontrollably at 60mph".

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Already posted this on another thread but thought it might be helpful on this one as well🙂

Screenshot_20230611-110121_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d40ced88b800541d2a05b87ff848569f.jpg

Is it usual for captains to change mid cruise? Looks like there’s a change over mid way through our august cruise on Ventura 

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

Well worth it 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Britannia 

You must have got on as we got off ! We could have met !

Which cabin?

Was the freedom dining system better?

Edited by Presto2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

You must have got on as we got off ! We could have met !

Which cabin?

Was the freedom dining system better?

E739 deck 10.

It was a double size aft balcony.

There was a little soot on the balcony chairs in the morning which I cleared with a cloth.

We ate 4 nights in Epicurean and 3 nights in Sindhu and never used Freedom dining.

We were onboard by 12.30pm.

IMG_20230602_140407.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

E739 deck 10.

It was a double size aft balcony.

There was a little soot on the balcony chairs in the morning which I cleared with a cloth.

We ate 4 nights in Epicurean and 3 nights in Sindhu and never used Freedom dining.

IMG_20230602_140407.jpg

Good grief the furniture looks better than we had. We are booked on Britannia for the Caribbean for our big retirement cruise in January 2024 and have booked E741 ! This has really cheered me up as I was wondering if we had done the right thing moving from F729 or F728 ! You seem to like the same cabins as us! I think one we had booked on Ventura once (we couldn't take) you had had too. Any photos of that cabin really appreciated Graham. Thank you so much for making us very happy now re our cabin choice !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Good grief the furniture looks better than we had. We are booked on Britannia for the Caribbean for our big retirement cruise in January 2024 and have booked E741 ! This has really cheered me up as I was wondering if we had done the right thing moving from F729 or F728 ! You seem to like the same cabins as us! I think one we had booked on Ventura once (we couldn't take) you had had too. Any photos of that cabin really appreciated Graham. Thank you so much for making us very happy now re our cabin choice !

IMG_20230602_140215.jpg

IMG_20230602_140234.jpg

IMG_20230602_140303.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

IMG_20230602_140215.jpg

IMG_20230602_140234.jpg

IMG_20230602_140303.jpg

Fab thanks -- I really can't believe the difference in the balcony furniture. I wonder if they are changing it all gradually and working down. Whatever, thank you so much. You have put my mind at rest as I was wondering if deck E would have been too high and the wake not as good. Really do appreciate the info 🙂

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Fab thanks -- I really can't believe the difference in the balcony furniture. I wonder if they are changing it all gradually and working down. Whatever, thank you so much. You have put my mind at rest as I was wondering if deck E would have been too high and the wake not as good. Really do appreciate the info 🙂

You are welcome.

There was a notice in Horizon that balcony furniture was being replaced.

Balcony was excellent and felt sheltered at all times and we felt no ship movement at all.

Large TV on the wall so sitting in bed watching TV was excellent.

All of the aft balconies are overlooked but set back so you could only see cabins below if you were leaning on the balcony rail.

There was no overhead cover on any of the aft balconies.

On the deck plan there is a white space next to us which was an electricity cupboard separating 739 and 738 but no sound in the cabin.

Our balcony was extended by 5 feet because of the cupboard not extending onto the balcony but the cabins below had 5 foot white metal barrier so were only standard balcony size.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome.

Balcony was excellent and felt sheltered at all times and we felt no ship movement at all.

Large TV on the wall so sitting in bed watching TV was excellent.

All of the aft balconies are overlooked but set back so you could only see cabins below if you were leaning on the balcony rail.

There was no overhead cover on any of the aft balconies.

On the deck plan there is a white space next to us which was an electricity cupboard separating 739 and 738 but no sound in the cabin.

Our balcony was extended by 5 feet because of the cupboard not extending onto the balcony but the cabins below had 5 foot white metal barrier so were only standard balcony size.

Hi we have had F729 twice and F728. We love our aft balconies. The cabin we have booked is next door to you to the left looking aft. Would ours get the extra space? Am trying to imagine what you mean

• Like 1

11 hours ago, purplesea said:

This is a much calmer ride because you’re just over halfway down but honestly missing a great more better views and raging water falls from the top onwards and the only bonus as well you can stop as many times as you like taking your time to take photos and having a picnic , going at your pace and not a tour guide pace .

If you want me Sarah to post the link or name of the place we hired bikes from I will but it’s the same place you all get off the train on the platform before you all have to get back on the train to come back down 

• Like 1