P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The only Fiorentina supporter was the barman.20230607_2305451509.thumb.jpg.82a7ace7f77d8aba2ea89d5801968fcd.jpgIMG_20230607_2304372501511.thumb.jpg.4a4a753011eacb64597c8c810b2ff355.jpg

Many congratulations Brian and Andy and all West Hammers on CC. You truly deserved that win. Now for the celebrations - enjoy! Jane xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Many congratulations Brian and Andy and all West Hammers on CC. You truly deserved that win. Now for the celebrations - enjoy! Jane xx

Thanks Jane,I must add that my mrs did come with me and our friends joined us.We all had pizza watching the game.I've watched England get beat numerous times at this bar,our 1st win,lol.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We docked in Victoria BC today, it wasn't on the schedule but Canadian gov decided they wanted to inspect the ship. Bit of a bonus for us as we are here till midnight so got to mooch around in the evening. Cracking weather too. We had a glorious day at Hubbard a couple of days ago. This stage of the cruise ends tomorrow for the majority of pax, but not for us. All in all a great cruise to date.

Butchart Gardens is well worth a visit if you have time. If not, Burger King has free WiFi.

18 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are looking at a cruise on Ventura but having read on here about freedom dining problems I am little concerned.  Are the queuing problems across all ships or just on the newer larger ships ?

Has anyone experienced problems getting a table for 2 in the MDR on Ventura recently or can you just turn up and expect to be seated reasonably quickly ?

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We would like to know this one too. 

We were on Ventura last month and did not witness, nor hear of any problems with freedom dining. However, we eat early and did use the App for our table for two, so my reply may be of little use to you. Additionally, we only ate in the MDR three nights out of the ten.

We did eat in the MDR for lunch on most days and tended to walk up, but if we saw a long queue on approach (such as when the theatre emptied after a guest speaker), I joined the queue on the App and was seated immediately rather than join the 'walk up' line.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

We were on Ventura last month and did not witness, nor hear of any problems with freedom dining. However, we eat early and did use the App for our table for two, so my reply may be of little use to you. Additionally, we only ate in the MDR three nights out of the ten.

We did eat in the MDR for lunch on most days and tended to walk up, but if we saw a long queue on approach (such as when the theatre emptied after a guest speaker), I joined the queue on the App and was seated immediately rather than join the 'walk up' line.

I think the main issue seems to be for anyone wanting to eat later ... say 7ish onwards .. or may be a little later.  Spoke to someone who went early and it was ok. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are looking at a cruise on Ventura but having read on here about freedom dining problems I am little concerned.  Are the queuing problems across all ships or just on the newer larger ships ?

Has anyone experienced problems getting a table for 2 in the MDR on Ventura recently or can you just turn up and expect to be seated reasonably quickly ?

I am quite IT savvy having spent my entire working life in IT but some reports are from people who say that they are IT literate but have had problems with system.

All being well I’ll be onboard soon so I’ll let you know. It’s only four nights though so might be different and we’re overnight in port one night so I expect many will be onshore that evening. Even before the app the first night can be a bit manic so I’ve booked the first night in the Epicurean, feeling smug now as I’ve just looked and there’s only 6pm left now that night!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, my Mum’s birthday today so I met them (mum and dad) in a lovely local cafe and brought them breakfast, I mentioned it was her birthday near the end and she brought over a large slice of cake with a candle in! Everyone sang happy birthday and clapped! We got it boxed up and they took it home, I expect they’ll share it later as it was a huge slice!

I start work at 1pm today, I must remember….!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, my Mum’s birthday today so I met them (mum and dad) in a lovely local cafe and brought them breakfast, I mentioned it was her birthday near the end and she brought over a large slice of cake with a candle in! Everyone sang happy birthday and clapped! We got it boxed up and they took it home, I expect they’ll share it later as it was a huge slice!

Happy Birthday to your mum, it’s sounds like you have had a lovely morning celebrating 🎂🥂

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy Birthday to your Mum, I hope she enjoys the rest of her day after her celebration breakfast.

Interesting experiment today. Flying of to Majorca in the morning for a week. We are trying to fit everything into one medium sized suitcase. If it works out, carry on bags for the next long weekend. If we forget anything...well, Spain has some shops.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Wishing a very happy birthday to your mum Sue. Breakfast sounded great fun! I hope you and hubby have a wonderful few days away - especially Epicurean tonight. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy birthday to your mum.🎂

We have been out for lunch with friends to a Sizzling Pub, we have never been to one of this chain before but despite being very inexpensive it was quite nice.  It isn't somewhere that we would go for any sort of celebration but acceptable if we just want a quite bite to eat when we are out. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thank you.  It sounds promising because we always have to eat early because of DH's medication routine.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been out for lunch with friends to a Sizzling Pub, we have never been to one of this chain before but despite being very inexpensive it was quite nice.  It isn't somewhere that we would go for any sort of celebration but acceptable if we just want a quite bite to eat when we are out. 

Coincidentally  we are in one now. Food is always hot and well prepared. 2 decent meals for the price of 2 sandwiches.  What's not to like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

@brian1 did you see David Moyes dad dancing to 500 miles along with the rest of the team in the dressing room? So funny. But if I had just won I would do the same. 

LOL,sounds like me doing the same round the bar after with no music.They're used to eccentric English here though.

• Haha 3

Vancouver today for changeover. We walked along the port to Stanley park then back to Steamtown with a well earned drink and nachos at the Steam works brew pub, the coconut and salted caramel porter is the best. Cracking the flags again too,  looking forward to meeting new table mates tonight, we have had two lovely ladies from Canada for the last three weeks. 

• Like 13

14 hours ago, brian1 said:

Thanks Jane,I must add that my mrs did come with me and our friends joined us.We all had pizza watching the game.I've watched England get beat numerous times at this bar,our 1st win,lol.

I watched the match Brian.

Well deserved win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Vancouver today for changeover. We walked along the port to Stanley park then back to Steamtown with a well earned drink and nachos at the Steam works brew pub, the coconut and salted caramel porter is the best. Cracking the flags again too,  looking forward to meeting new table mates tonight, we have had two lovely ladies from Canada for the last three weeks. 

Glad you’re enjoying your cruise Phil and meeting lots of lovely people, Vancouver is a beautiful place and one of our favourites.

• Like 4