P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

28 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We have 4˚C and overcast skies this morning and sunrise is in about half-an-hour away... it's beginning to feel a lot like winter... so hope all is well and snug on a cold morning.

We're both off to the Opticians.

Certainly a "red sky in the morning" today.

IMG_2864.thumb.jpeg.51d6a2526f68964aa33ba0eb31e4a390.jpeg

• Like 18

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It looks a cloudy but calm morning here today. Hubby has just taken the dogs out for a walk.

We are meeting our project manager at 9.30 what is to be our new house(we hope) providing everything goes through. Hopefully moving in December. We can live in the house but there is lots of work to do. 

Test driving another car this afternoon, a new Hyundai Kona. It looks nice so fingers crossed. Test drove a Kupra Altea on Monday and a Lexus UX yesterday. I have a mobility car and have to change my car as it’s five years old and it’s the maximum length of time they will allow me to keep it and they don’t make it anymore or I would have another.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It looks a cloudy but calm morning here today. Hubby has just taken the dogs out for a walk.

We are meeting our project manager at 9.30 what is to be our new house(we hope) providing everything goes through. Hopefully moving in December. We can live in the house but there is lots of work to do. 

Test driving another car this afternoon, a new Hyundai Kona. It looks nice so fingers crossed. Test drove a Kupra Altea on Monday and a Lexus UX yesterday. I have a mobility car and have to change my car as it’s five years old and it’s the maximum length of time they will allow me to keep it and they don’t make it anymore or I would have another.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

My step daughter has a Hyundai Kona Hybrid, she loves it, gets average of 60+ mpg. 

• Like 1

Earlier this year I didn’t have a problem using cruise critic from my old I phone and posted news and photos from South America. However before we went away on an August cruise I couldn’t sign on and again now before we go away again. I’ve tried email address and user name and various of my passwords without success. It kept saying incorrect password and then it seemed to accept it but locked on a redirecting screen. Now when I open cc on it it just goes to the same redirect screen.

l’m more concerned that if this iPad or my laptop lose auto sign on info, which devices sometimes do, I won’t be able to sign in again. Has anyone had similar issues or know how to solve it?

Edited by Splice the mainbrace

13 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

anthem of the sea. Going from Southampton. I was warned not to get anymore holidays but somehow he agreed. 
we have iona in dec, arvia Caribbean in feb, rc fjords in May, back to iona in dec, the Arvia med in March. Booked quite up for the next 18months. 
although how I’ll survive between May and December I don’t know. 
but in my defence the cruise wasn’t much more than a caravan in Newquay

Us kids love Anthem.

Zap aged 74.

20220908_143121.jpg

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Earlier this year I didn’t have a problem using cruise critic from my old I phone and posted news and photos from South America. However before we went away on an August cruise I couldn’t sign on and again now before we go away again. I’ve tried email address and user name and various of my passwords without success. It kept saying incorrect password and then it seemed to accept it but locked on a redirecting screen. Now when I open cc on it it just goes to the same redirect screen.

l’m more concerned that if this iPad or my laptop lose auto sign on info, which devices sometimes do, I won’t be able to sign in again. Has anyone had similar issues or know how to solve it?

I am currently in Alta and having no problem using my phone to auto login and post on here, as many know from the thread I started. Hopefully there we be no CC problems when we get home next week

• Like 2

Just got back from a walk down the beach , cloudy day today and not very cold at all a bit mild really, over the past week or so during the storms and wind lots of sand has been blown up the beach and covering the railings (these are normally two railings deep) and all covering the walkway so lots of work for the council to replace the sand back level. 

• Like 1

Just now, Purdey16 said:

Just got back from a walk down the beach , cloudy day today and not very cold at all a bit mild really, over the past week or so during the storms and wind lots of sand has been blown up the beach and covering the railings (these are normally two railings deep) and all covering the walkway so lots of work for the council to replace the sand back level. 

IMG_4585.jpeg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

I am currently in Alta and having no problem using my phone to auto login and post on here, as many know from the thread I started. Hopefully there we be no CC problems when we get home next week

Chrome started logging me out. I changes to Firefox, no further issues.

Morning 12.c and just getting light , they say colder weather is on it's way .

Some of the trees are now finally dropping their leaves ready for winter .

The other night Mrs K served up a nice bowl of beef stew she had made ,first one in ages and last night's was even better (they always taste better a day older )

A large bowl steaming hot with Yorkshire pud made into croutons, I was one happy person sat watching a You Tube film about a young guy who lives in Yakutia, Siberia where temps have been down to-71.c. If you want a drink you get a big ice cube out of the cupboard !

They go to school after breakfast , where the teachers then cook another breakfast for them (are you reading this @Presto2 😅 ) and playtime is indoors )

Made for nice viewing with my hot comfort food , whatever the temp where you are ,have a good day .🙂

• Like 11

Good morning Kalos and all , our tree leaves are almost gone and some trees are bare and what a mess it all makes on the footpath when it’s wet and slippery but the gardeners keep coming once a fortnight with their tree blowers and clean them up .

-71 is cold , I’ve experienced -35 with a wind chill taking it up to -45 took my daughter to play school on a sledge all wrap up in blankets but I left a small part of my bobble hat off my ear and when I got home I had frost bite on it which was very painful 😰.

I made a chicken stew the other day  it went a bit mushy so was really like a soup it was ok but not has good as a beef one and having Yorkshire puds as croutons is a great idea I will use 👍

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Got to walk into a freezer set at -50c in Fairbanks to experience their winter for 10 seconds.Yep it was pretty cold.

Strange to think some folk in the world buy a refrigerator to not only keep food fresh but stop it getting too cold ? 

• Like 5

Good morning everyone.

We enjoyed a lovely bowl of beef stew last night too, but with dumplings. My favourite, but Frank prefers pancakes so we take it in turns and the next stew we have will be with those.

The trees in the garden have lost all there leaves now too. Apart from the magnolia that is, which is still full of brown, soggy, drooping leaves. Last year Frank pruned (scalped) it back pretty hard, so I think it's clinging on to its leaves this year for all its worth.

Keep warm everyone and enjoy your day.

Avril

• Like 9

How's this for the bargain of the month?

Had eyes tested yesterday. They are undergoing some significant changes back and forth... sometimes not so good but sometimes very good.

Needed new temp. specs to be sure of being safe to drive. Optometrist gave me a prescription to take just a couple of shops down the road... three pairs over the counter to my new prescription for £3... and a few other items for £1 each!

Sometimes life isn't too bad really!

• Like 9