P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone I have finally returned home after a wonderful cruise, Japan ,Alaska, Canada were lovely and Queen Elizabeth ship was lovely too, we absolutely loved it , the staff were brilliant all but one sour faced customer service person, food I would say on same level has princess but better presentation and at times quite small portions, enjoyed my nightly turn down service with dry towels and chocolates and even the odd towel animal of kissing swans for our 46th wedding anniversary.

We spent the 7 days seven days sea crossing in the spa which was relaxing as I wasn’t feeling too well and was taking my antibiotics which I think protected my from the ship’s coughing and colds that was going around but my other half went down with a head cold , this was a first time I saw no ambulances waiting shore side when we arrived at each port and no helicopters lifts .

Entertainment wise was just mediocre for us the theatre company was ok but not great singers , other acts / singers were just ok apart from the acrobatics couple were very good, the daily talker’s in the morning were not our cup of tea and not very interesting, my husband went to one about time since we were crossing the international date line and had two Fridays 31st may to try to under it better but came out shaking his head along with many others who found his talk very confusing and deep . 

All in all we enjoyed our first Cunard cruise and will book another one in the near future, I took 1,800 photos which I won’t bore you with 😁 lots of icebergs, whales, bald eagles etc .

I haven’t been able to read what’s been going on while I’ve been away but I hope you all have been well and happy and anyone that’s been on holiday too had a lovely one and those getting ready to go soon have a fantastic holiday too, and welcome to the new baby grandson.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

An early waking and getting up day for me (5am). I don't know if it was the sound of the birds chattering outside that woke me or if it was my nerves about the forthcoming England match tonight. 

Just realised I didn't comment on the events of yesterday. Like Avril I am an unashamed Royalist and enjoyed every minute of the Trooping of the Colour. I was so happy to see the Princess of Wales looking absolutely glorious and there was an especially touching photo in one of the rags of her and William sharing a very close and intimate glance at each other - it made me quite tearful ( it doesn't take much mind!). 

Another warm welcome to baby Riley on his first day and I hope his poor mum is feeling a bit more comfortable after his delivery.

Feeling a bit low and sorry for myself with all my health problems I decided to look on TV for something to make me laugh and I discovered Two Doors Down. Has anyone watched it? Well it worked wonders for me I can tell you - and there are 7 series to get through - yay.

I hope you all have a happy Sunday. Be well. Jane xxx

Lots of us up here watch Two Doors Down - I think it is hilarious. 🤣  Hope you understand the accents - it might be challenging for you!   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Lots of us up here watch Two Doors Down - I think it is hilarious. 🤣  Hope you understand the accents - it might be challenging for you!   

After Rab C Nesbitt then Two doors down is a doodle.

image.webp.7eb07ea71d24cd66a2d64a61f24f6098.webp

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I just love it!  Like Lincslady I sometimes have to put the subtitles on but I'm getting used to the accents. My favourite is Christine - she's hilarious. Jane xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning everyone .

@indiana123

Just a heads up for Riley ,as she was only born yesterday has anyone told 

her it's Fathers Day ?   We all know she is the best gift her father could have

asked for anyway  😄

@Beckett Sorry to read your sill in pain ,not much fun is it ? 

I remember going to our doctors when I was in pain .

After checking me out  he said " he was at a loss and could not find the 

cause of my pain but thought it could be down to the drink "

I told him I would come back when he sobered up 🙃

Hope your Docs get to sort you out .

Have a good day every one 🙂

I loved that doctor joke Kalos.

• Thanks 1

We started out with a lovely blue sky, after our morning walk and a latish breakfast we sat out in lovely warm sunshine, until about 12ish when the clouds and rain took over, looking at the street it looks like we could have had a cloudburst.

Happy Fathers day to us dads

Come on England, should be an easy match tonight for the boys. I also thought the same about the Iceland match.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Joke? I thought he was being serious

I had a doctor once who was easily 20 stone in weight and he told me at 14 stone I needed to lose weight 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Is the weather finally changing?  It’s felt quite nice this morning

Son took us out for brekkie for Father’s Day.  I went absolutely against what I would normally have.  I was apprehensive but it was really lovely.

Have a good day all

(Gentle hug to Jane @Beckett - hope it won’t be too long before you feel the tide has turned and things are back on the up)

6672D1AA-1CE3-43F9-B74B-C49B5BC90153.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I had a doctor once who was easily 20 stone in weight and he told me at 14 stone I needed to lose weight

Why are doctors so obsessed with weight ?

I was told to gain weight before having surgery for a knee injury caused by running, after the surgery I gained weight because I couldn't run or walk long distances for several months and the same surgeon then told me at a check-up to try to lose half a stone, I was 8 st and size 10 at the time so not obese.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I had a doctor once who was easily 20 stone in weight and he told me at 14 stone I needed to lose weight 🙄

So true Graham. Many years ago my GP told me to stop smoking as it was unhealthy. He saw me look pointedly at his cigarette smoldering in the ashtray on his desk and said 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'🙄

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Is the weather finally changing?  It’s felt quite nice this morning

Son took us out for brekkie for Father’s Day.  I went absolutely against what I would normally have.  I was apprehensive but it was really lovely.

Have a good day all

(Gentle hug to Jane @Beckett - hope it won’t be too long before you feel the tide has turned and things are back on the up)

6672D1AA-1CE3-43F9-B74B-C49B5BC90153.jpeg

That looks really nice, but what does it comprise of? I can see toast, blueberries, and I think strawberries............ 

Avril

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Why are doctors so obsessed with weight ?

I was told to gain weight before having surgery for a knee injury caused by running, after the surgery I gained weight because I couldn't run or walk long distances for several months and the same surgeon then told me at a check-up to try to lose half a stone, I was 8 st and size 10 at the time so not obese.

I know weight is important, but they are taking it too far now imo. Our eldest Grandson who is 38 hasn't an ounce of fat on him. He has the build of a rugby player, eats a very healthy diet, doesn't drink or smoke, weight trains at the gym 3 times a week and goes on long cycle rides every weekend. He was told by a hospital doctor that according to his height/weight numbers he was obese.😏

Unbelievable🙄

Avril

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That looks really nice, but what does it comprise of? I can see toast, blueberries, and I think strawberries............ 

Avril

French toast/eggy bread, with maple syrup & cinnamon, topped with chantilly crème and “berries” - blueberries, strawberries, raspberries 

I thought it would be too sweet for me but it was gorgeous

Weight - I thought the BMI/height to weight metric has been discredited by now.  It’s far too simplistic and certainly doesn’t suit athletes.  All the England rugby team would be termed obese using BMI 🙄 Would you tell them? 😱

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I thought the BMI/height to weight metric has been discredited by now.  

This was said to him just 7 months ago, so if it has been discredited, nobody told his doctor.

As to the question about informing the rugby team they are obese?

Hmm, now let me think🤔....................

I'll pass on that, thank you anyway😬

Avril

• Like 4

Love that breakfast - OK to have it just now and again.

The BMI idea is crackers, certainly does not work for athletes like ruby players.  You can tell if people are genuinely too fat - and it is fat that is the problem, not muscle or bone  - just by looking at them.  At my GP practice the nurse who does your annual tests is I am afraid huge, and would have a problem in telling you were too heavy unless you were bigger than her!  I have noticed in hospitals and care homes the staff are often overweight (and some have type 2 diabetes), and sadly I think  this often due to them having too little  time to eat properly,   and grabbing sugary snacks when they can.  

• Like 8

The top rugby players were often overweight (usually the forwards) in the olden days, but very few look fat now.  The backs are almost always slim, being the fast runners of course.  My DH was a very fast slim wing threequarter, though admittedly after he was about 50 he became a bit more like a forward in build.  I still enjoy looking at them on TV of course, especially the really tall ones.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Out for Sunday carvery today😋

20240616_121653.thumb.jpg.6e17dcbc371686efb469c2e282090ffc.jpg

We are on the way down to that Cornwall and are overnighting at a PI. Dinner in the Brewers fare and then football. I won't post pictures as I'm sure you all know what a burger looks like.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are on the way down to that Cornwall and are overnighting at a PI. Dinner in the Brewers fare and then football. I won't post pictures as I'm sure you all know what a burger looks like.

WE do, but there are burgers and there are burgers.

image.jpeg.8f381309609b289e05f405b2134aa143.jpeg

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We have just had a burger,

Won't post photo as I'm sure

Mine was much better. 😋👍

You have a great time and leave the gulls alone.🤣

• Haha 5