P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Got the grandkids paddling pool out and me and my doggie 🐶 had a paddle I also gave him a shampoo as this morning we went went to the beach he got covered in sand and seaweed, he doesn’t really like the sea his not that stable on his back legs and the waves seem to knock him over and it’s a struggle for him to get up. He just layed in the sea so covered in sand and seaweed.

• Like 4

Cheddar had her walk this morning at 8am around Trentham Gardens, nice and cool until it rained then became quite humid so home we came. She is booked in for the day at the vets on Wednesday for (the opp) not looking forward to the rest of the week because she has got to wear a surgical body suit won't that be fun (not), just hope the weather cools down.

• Like 5

Just had a text from my second daughter to say they're having a BBQ tomorrow as it's my middle granddaughter's last day here before heading back to Scotland, and can I do a pudding! Good job I've got something in the freezer.

I've just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and it's rain. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

The best bit was when Ton Cruise abseiled in for the handover to LA other than that quite boring just like the opening was.

Nah,they should have borrowed Boris Johnson and his zipwire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Our conservatory is usually ok in summer.  I live in it most of the time, but at the moment it is lethal even though    it has a proper ceiling (it's 28ft). OH has banned me from it today.  Its a bit strange sitting elsewhere.

Even thee cat's up a tree. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Cheddar had her walk this morning at 8am around Trentham Gardens, nice and cool until it rained then became quite humid so home we came. She is booked in for the day at the vets on Wednesday for (the opp) not looking forward to the rest of the week because she has got to wear a surgical body suit won't that be fun (not), just hope the weather cools down.

Oh poor Cheddar. Those surgical suits are the best and much better than the cone. You will get “the look” tho! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Oh poor Cheddar. Those surgical suits are the best and much better than the cone. You will get “the look” tho! 

Does Tom Cruise wear one when he does his stunts.

• Haha 3

Three days until our granddaughters get their A Level results, we hope they get what they want to start them off on a journey in their respective chosen careers.

😦

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Three days until our granddaughters get their A Level results, we hope they get what they want to start them off on a journey in their respective chosen careers.

😦

🤞

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

😦

Fingers crossed for them 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

😦

Good luck on their results hope they got what the need to start their journey 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Vot  type os  vax did you use on der carpets ? Bee's or candle 😉

Pig. At least that's how much I was sweating. Vax the carpet on the hotest day of the year. They will dry better she said. Are my feet in the way she said. As you have the machine  out you may as well do upstairs as well.🤐🤐🤐 said zap.

• Haha 4

Morning 13.c and a bright sunny day and should stay dry for us where we are .

Looking through the papers I see some folk want Heinz to start making tins 

of Toast Toppers again . I don't think I ever got around to trying a tin when it 

was on the go .

Got me thinking back to my camping days when me and the lads would go

camping, armed with a two ring cooker and a 2 piece pan set .

Our tea more often than not would be a tin of beans ,a tin of potatoes and a 

packet of Batchelors Bean Feast. We would have a meal within ten minutes

before running off to the pub for a few beers, another product that that is no 

longer made .

Is there any food products that you used to buy that have bit the dust ?

Take care and have a nice day .

• Like 5

10 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Hot hot hot here and very sticky, we have been to the funeral of one of my old work mates, sad but quite a few of the old boys from work turned up who I have not seen for years. 

Saw an old drinking pal in Sainsbury last year,he was a local fireman.We're both 71".Watcha Barry how you doing"".Alright mate,still above ground."

• Haha 6

Good morning everyone, it’s cloudy and currently 17c here .

Taking two of the grandkids out for lunch today and picking up some school bits they need blazers and skirts.

Went to see Chris Isaak last night and had a very enjoyable night , still a good singer at 68 and loved his song wicked game .

Kalos my mum loved the Heinz toast toppers , I think it was a cheap filling dinner for her at times bringing 7 of us up alone , myself I hated the smell of them opening the can for her then getting told off for not spreading enough on .

• Like 8

It’s all very calm & quiet here, and I think we were spared the fiercest of the heat yesterday … though it was hot

Today we have to do a recce for tomorrow’s group walk - check for unexpected harvesting, bull in field, footpath obstructed, and similar hazards

Hope none of the participants end up like this chap! 🤣1BD93EDE-190B-4488-82D0-016E25243BF1.thumb.jpeg.c0b0dd9ecfa24beac7fb4f674ab69371.jpeg

• Haha 5

Good morning.

It is sunny and 13°C here.

Pauline is at work so quiet here.

Watching TV and they are discussing is it 

Okay to Smooch your pooch on the lips.

I always hugged pets but never kissed them.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

17c and hazy sunny here, rain forecast for late afternoon.

It makes us wince when we see dogs licking peoples faces, as my wife says ‘it’s probably just been licking it’s bum’ 🤮

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 6

Morning everyone,

Cloudy and rain here and 17c, and supposed to continue until this evening.

Busy day for me.  A trip into Truro, I also need to do a grocery shop  and  my daughter's BBQ this evening. I made a chocolate cake last night, only to get a text to say she too had a chocolate cake. So the question is do I make another of a different flavour? 

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It’s a big 👎👎👎 for me knowing what dogs do and sniff 🤢

• Like 6