P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hadn't see these before until they were posted on here. I love them and I think he's hilarious.

Avril

He's created quite a niche for himself with these!  Wonderful use of language too.

Anyone seen the new series of Spitting Image on Britbox?  

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

He's created quite a niche for himself with these!  Wonderful use of language too.

Anyone seen the new series of Spitting Image on Britbox?  

I haven't; have read mixed reviews, though. What did you think?

Can't remember if I've posted this before; if so, apologies: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I haven't; have read mixed reviews, though. What did you think?

Can't remember if I've posted this before; if so, apologies: 

I think you did, but well worth rewatching and it introduced me to Randy Rainbow!  So slick, so clever, so well executed - absolute comic genius.

As for Spitting Image I signed up to Britbox (there's a free trial offer, followed by another offer of £10 for three months) solely for it.  Have to say it didn't quite hit the mark, despite the obvious comic opportunities in the UK at the moment.  It was OK, but Spitting Image was always way more than OK.  Early days yet though.

So much depends on the writers, and when you think the original had people like Doug Naylor, Rob Grant, Ian Hislop, Nick Newman, Ben Elton and Richard Curtis you can see why it was so good.

I'm persevering, hoping for so much more - but the portrayals of Dominic Cummings and Priti Patel alone are well worth the watch!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

As for Spitting Image I signed up to Britbox (there's a free trial offer, followed by another offer of £10 for three months) solely for it.  Have to say it didn't quite hit the mark, despite the obvious comic opportunities in the UK at the moment.  It was OK, but Spitting Image was always way more than OK.  Early days yet though.

Thanks for that info.  We have trouble watching the stuff we have recorded and so I am loathe to sign up to anything but I was tempted by Britbox but only for Spitting Image.  I may just sign up on those terms.  As you say, the comic opportunities now ............!!

I've just binge-watched some of The Room Next Door which I found on You Tube. They were all  very good, but my favourites have to be Priti Patel and counter-terrorism, Dominic Cummings with his non-apology and all those with Donald Trump. Still giggling now😀

Avril

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I've just binge-watched some of The Room Next Door which I found on You Tube. They were all  very good, but my favourites have to be Priti Patel and counter-terrorism, Dominic Cummings with his non-apology and all those with Donald Trump. Still giggling now😀

Avril

Avril, check out Annie’s post just above. I think you’ll enjoy her video and the others he’s done.  😄

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

Avril, check out Annie’s post just above. I think you’ll enjoy her video and the others he’s done.  😄

I have seen the one about clorox, I watched it when she posted it before. I will search for others though, I love this kind of humour. I love all types of humour actually, except the hurtful and insulting kind.😊

Avril

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I have seen the one about clorox, I watched it when she posted it before. I will search for others though, I love this kind of humour. I love all types of humour actually, except the hurtful and insulting kind.😊

Avril

My Canadian BIL, who hates Trump, sent me a string of videos like the Clorox ones, TBH I found them really boring, I think satire peaked with TW3 and it's been downhill ever since, but I do normally have a chuckle at the Diane Abbot maths jokes. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My Canadian BIL, who hates Trump, sent me a string of videos like the Clorox ones, TBH I found them really boring, I think satire peaked with TW3 and it's been downhill ever since, but I do normally have a chuckle at the Diane Abbot maths jokes. 

TW3 was excellent, but probably difficult to recreate in the current climate of right wing politicians laughably but incessantly claiming BBC bias.

The Mash Report was almost as good - but I don’t think you’d like it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I've seen a few of his others and not so keen, but humour is a funny old thing.😄

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

TW3 was excellent, but probably difficult to recreate in the current climate of right wing politicians laughably but incessantly claiming BBC bias.

I could hear the collective sigh of relief from here when Charles Moore pulled out.😉 

Robbie Gibb now apparently in the running...

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks for that info.  We have trouble watching the stuff we have recorded and so I am loathe to sign up to anything but I was tempted by Britbox but only for Spitting Image.  I may just sign up on those terms.  As you say, the comic opportunities now ............!!

Likewise. We have a Humax stuffed full of Freeview programmes and since we only watch a couple of hours a day, apart from BBC news, there’s no need or desire for anything else.

Spitting Image was the one exception.

If you do decide to try Britbox, the 7 day free trial leads to an easily cancellable monthly subscription of £5.99, but if you cancel at any point before the 7 days are up you’ll be offered 3 months for £10. I thought that was a fair price for the series, and there’s quite a lot of other stuff there as well from BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Film 4. Channel 5 too, which has changed completely since the obnoxious Richard Desmond sold it to rather more reputable owners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I could hear the collective sigh of relief from here when Charles Moore pulled out.😉 

Robbie Gibb now apparently in the running...

Too right. All jobs for the boys now. Relatives, connections, money - ability and suitability no longer count for anything. Look at Dido Harding!

Paul Dacre still seems to be in the running to head Ofcom. Of all the people most unsuitable for that job!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

When the politics stops again, give me shout.🤐

Zapp !   Have I missed them ? :classic_wink::classic_smile:

I was only just saying this morning ..Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah !
Some call me the gangster of love,Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love :classic_love:

The nurse said to me "Well that's nice love but you must give me your real name 

if you want me to give you this Pneumonia jab ! :classic_unsure: :classic_smile:

As you can tell I don't get out much these days :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

Zapp !   Have I missed them ? :classic_wink::classic_smile:

I was only just saying this morning ..Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah !
Some call me the gangster of love,Some people call me Maurice
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love :classic_love:

The nurse said to me "Well that's nice love but you must give me your real name 

if you want me to give you this Pneumonia jab ! :classic_unsure: :classic_smile:

As you can tell I don't get out much these days :classic_smile:

Thanks for the shout. I was really , seriously watching the paint dry on the stairs. I found that quite interesting. I got some paint that said quick drying ,60 mins. It did.🤪

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I've just spent a happy couple of hours trolling through his other other videos as you recommended Harry. What a laugh. He's very good and his timing is perfect. He has an great voice too even though it's exaggerated. I'd love to hear him sing normally.

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not politics. Current affairs. It’s relevant and important.

Also comedy.

Feel free to contribute. 

Ok, I'll contribute a question. Is it now ok to post copyrighted material?.

the good lady & myself are on a bit of a downer today.we should have set sail on the arcadia for the northern lights cruise .we had booked it 18 months ago .we were so looking forward to it .when we booked the cruise dont think any body was aware of covid 19 and all it involved.stay safe everybody .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, philred said:

the good lady & myself are on a bit of a downer today.we should have set sail on the arcadia for the northern lights cruise .we had booked it 18 months ago .we were so looking forward to it .when we booked the cruise dont think any body was aware of covid 19 and all it involved.stay safe everybody .

We felt like that in August when we should have sailed on Oceana. Keep your chin up and think that you'll still be able to go one day. Take care yourself 

• Like 3