P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, philred said:

the good lady & myself are on a bit of a downer today.we should have set sail on the arcadia for the northern lights cruise .we had booked it 18 months ago .we were so looking forward to it .when we booked the cruise dont think any body was aware of covid 19 and all it involved.stay safe everybody .

I should be rushing about now getting things in order for ours that would have been  due in 3 weeks time. There are lot of us in the same boat at the moment, excuse the pun😉, but very little we can do about it unfortunately, except look forward to next year. Stay safe, take care.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

Well, Lady W and I have both got common or garden colds. No CV19 symptoms,  just a runny nose and a slightly under the weather feeling. First colds we have had in over 3 years we reckon, as our Lemsip sachets are out of code! 

I blame our trip to exotic Devon - obviously different infectious strains down there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, Lady W and I have both got common or garden colds. No CV19 symptoms,  just a runny nose and a slightly under the weather feeling. First colds we have had in over 3 years we reckon, as our Lemsip sachets are out of code! 

I blame our trip to exotic Devon - obviously different infectious strains down there.

Get well soon Wowzz... My bin needs cleaning... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Get well soon Wowzz... My bin needs cleaning... 😊

Andy 

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Hope you both get better soon and it doesn’t last to long , have a couple of hot toddies before bed 🤧

Thanks both. In the scale of things,  my cold is a mere bagatelle. 

However,  if I may make a serious point, whilst everyone is studying the daily CV19 figures to the n'th degree, many, many more people are suffering from other illnesses and life threatening conditions (not my cold obviously) and they are being forgotten and neglected due to the myopic fixation on CV19. 

Sorry for a miserable start to the day! I'm hoping to mow the lawn today  - last cut of the year?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks both. In the scale of things,  my cold is a mere bagatelle. 

However,  if I may make a serious point, whilst everyone is studying the daily CV19 figures to the n'th degree, many, many more people are suffering from other illnesses and life threatening conditions (not my cold obviously) and they are being forgotten and neglected due to the myopic fixation on CV19. 

Sorry for a miserable start to the day! I'm hoping to mow the lawn today  - last cut of the year?

It's a very serious point, Wowzz (hope you're both over your colds quickly, by the way) and it's starting at last to surface. 

There's a reasonably simple solution, of course, but it's political dynamite - keep the highest risk groups protected, but allow everyone else to carry on more or less normally to build up herd immunity.

I think we'll inevitably come to that (and as one of those most likely to be impacted, I accept it) - just a matter of time.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

It's a very serious point, Wowzz (hope you're both over your colds quickly, by the way) and it's starting at last to surface. 

There's a reasonably simple solution, of course, but it's political dynamite - keep the highest risk groups protected, but allow everyone else to carry on more or less normally to build up herd immunity.

I think we'll inevitably come to that (and as one of those most likely to be impacted, I accept it) - just a matter of time.

I think you're probably right. However, doubt they'll use the words "herd immunity" again - they'll come up with a impressively baffling new name.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1

Gone to my beach hut this morning for a bacon butty , prepared my dinner for tonight and in oven cooking for when I get home tonight ( beef short ribs in red wine ) needed cheering up as we had another cruise cancelled today celebrity x to Australia/ South Pacific but we knew it wouldn’t go really , so hubby’s cooking the bacon  his first week of retirement and he’s happy 😊 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps the locals put a curse on grockles🤔

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Gone to my beach hut this morning for a bacon butty , prepared my dinner for tonight and in oven cooking for when I get home tonight ( beef short ribs in red wine ) needed cheering up as we had another cruise cancelled today celebrity x to Australia/ South Pacific but we knew it wouldn’t go really , so hubby’s cooking the bacon  his first week of retirement and he’s happy 😊 

Off the the local gastro pub for dinner this evening. 3rd time out this week. DW tells me that Rishi's dishes ends some time before Christmas, so we need to use it whilst it's there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

For some reason I can’t work out how to post a picture again 😡

I use a lap top , so I copy my picture to the desktop  and under this writing when replying 

it says "CHOOSE FILES " which I click on ,then I choose "desktop" and select

the picture  I require  and click "OPEN"

This should now download to this site  and on the file photo hit the add symbol .

Hope this helps :classic_smile:

Oh almost forgot ... best wishes to your Hubby ...     :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

happy-retarement-card-for-coworker.jpg.62ea5b39deb6dc8d15c1e7c488761003.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Best wishes for a long retirement for your hubby and many holidays together for the 2 of you.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

For some reason I can’t work out how to post a picture again 😡

If you are using an Android phone.

Click Quote.

Click to choose files.

Click on files.

This lets you access your phone photos.

Click on the photo you want to post and click on ✓ in the top right hand corner.

If you click on Camera you can take a photo and post it directly to your post.

Graham.

Screenshot_20201007_120051_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_120114_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201007_120134_android.jpg

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I'll say get well soon to you both now. I may not get the chance after I tell her she's got a poker face.🤣

It's actually a sort of back handed compliment, in the sense that she is telling you that the "Eat Out" deal is still  here, and keep a straight face!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I went on to the Celebrity site yesterday as they have special deals on dining packages. Only 250 days to Alaska. Nearly time to start packing.😁

we’re looking to book a Alaska cruise in July / August 2022 ,  don’t know who to go with yet and the best route to take , any suggestions? 

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I use a lap top , so I copy my picture to the desktop  and under this writing when replying 

it says "CHOOSE FILES " which I click on ,then I choose "desktop" and select

the picture  I require  and click "OPEN"

This should now download to this site  and on the file photo hit the add symbol .

Hope this helps :classic_smile:

Oh almost forgot ... best wishes to your Hubby ...     :classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

happy-retarement-card-for-coworker.jpg.62ea5b39deb6dc8d15c1e7c488761003.jpg

Thank you Kalos I’m sure he will , but can’t content with just sitting at the moment as soon as we got back from the beach this morning ( had to come home early to receive a package for my son 😡) he packed the car up and went to the rubbish dump !! Now he’s having double fun 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Kalos I’m sure he will , but can’t content with just sitting at the moment as soon as we got back from the beach this morning ( had to come home early to receive a package for my son 😡) he packed the car up and went to the rubbish dump !! Now he’s having double fun 😂

Thank you Graham I think I got it again now just wasn’t pressing all photos at the end of my selection, doing it on iPads and iPhone , so here’s my picture from this morning 

3A939B77-CEDA-44DC-B7F9-3E1840143B88.jpeg

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

we’re looking to book a Alaska cruise in July / August 2022 ,  don’t know who to go with yet and the best route to take , any suggestions? 

We used Princess as they are 1 of only a few of cruiselines allowed in Glacier Bay plus they have their own land based lodges if you want to add a landtour.JMO,cheers,Brian.

• Like 1