P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We enjoyed Princess too

- Glacier Bay

- very knowledgable speakers

- “visitors” from ports ... eg, sledders and dogs in one venue

- excellent excursions - bears, bordello, train

- opportunity to visit Victoria, BC, which is one of our favourite places ever

- start & finish in San Francisco, so extension opportunities there

others, I’m sure, which I can’t remember just now.  Perhaps just the overall Princess experience, which I enjoy

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Graham I think I got it again now just wasn’t pressing all photos at the end of my selection, doing it on iPads and iPhone , so here’s my picture from this morning 

3A939B77-CEDA-44DC-B7F9-3E1840143B88.jpeg

Lovely photo.

Well worth waiting to see.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

It's actually a sort of back handed compliment, in the sense that she is telling you that the "Eat Out" deal is still  here, and keep a straight face!

I have an idea who will be getting a back-hander wowzz😁

Avril

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

we’re looking to book a Alaska cruise in July / August 2022 ,  don’t know who to go with yet and the best route to take , any suggestions? 

We like to go from Vancouver. Our preferred are RC, or Celebrity. Once you wait to look at the deals from each there is not much to choose price wise. Celebrity is a bit better IMO. From Vancouver you could go with Disney or HL. Not too sure about from Seattle. NCL sure. Some go from both. We like Celebrity, but at the moment would go with ANYONE.😁

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We enjoyed Princess too

- Glacier Bay

- very knowledgable speakers

- “visitors” from ports ... eg, sledders and dogs in one venue

- excellent excursions - bears, bordello, train

- opportunity to visit Victoria, BC, which is one of our favourite places ever

- start & finish in San Francisco, so extension opportunities there

others, I’m sure, which I can’t remember just now.  Perhaps just the overall Princess experience, which I enjoy

We have never been on princess. No real reason, I'm sure they are fine. We tend to stick to the same one,or two. P&O, NCL, Celebrity, Royal, Ocean Village, Island Cruises, Brittany ferries.,...........,,🤔

21 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes Avril nice to meet you and Graham you have changed yours but no lovely Pauline in picture 😢

Pauline asked me to just use my photo as it is me who does all the posting.

Pauline said thanks.

Graham.

IMG-20190319-WA0009.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Nice Photo Avril ,lovely to meet you :classic_biggrin:

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nice new avatar picture Avril.

It is nice to put a face to a name.

Graham.

I thought it was about time. It's only a small  photo so not as scary as it could be😁, and before you think I suddenly became a technical genius overnight, I coerced my grandson into for me😉

Avril

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You tried to slip the "bordello" visit past us!

Did you make your excuses and leave? 

The Red (I think) Onion Saloon in Skagway.  We had such a good walking tour (Princess), from being met by one of the good time girls, in full costume (Anya Johnson - I hadn’t met that euphemism before, but worked it out easily.) We handed her our tickets  and she folded them and inserted them between her bosoms, in the time-honoured style.  She told us lots of her co-workers but I only remember Mona Lott.  We heard the history of the town, the rise in houses of negotiable affection , serious stuff about how awful it was, amusing stuff about Soapy Smith, and finally went to the thriving saloon.  A tour of the upstairs rooms and a drink downstairs.  Good stuff

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

The Red (I think) Onion Saloon in Skagway.  We had such a good walking tour (Princess), from being met by one of the good time girls, in full costume (Anya Johnson - I hadn’t met that euphemism before, but worked it out easily.) We handed her our tickets  and she folded them and inserted them between her bosoms, in the time-honoured style.  She told us lots of her co-workers but I only remember Mona Lott.  We heard the history of the town, the rise in houses of negotiable affection , serious stuff about how awful it was, amusing stuff about Soapy Smith, and finally went to the thriving saloon.  A tour of the upstairs rooms and a drink downstairs.  Good stuff

Sound like a good tour. DW likes the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan. I can see why. Just a lot of young men with no shirts and rippling muscles. Yuk.

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It's a very serious point, Wowzz (hope you're both over your colds quickly, by the way) and it's starting at last to surface. 

There's a reasonably simple solution, of course, but it's political dynamite - keep the highest risk groups protected, but allow everyone else to carry on more or less normally to build up herd immunity.

I think we'll inevitably come to that (and as one of those most likely to be impacted, I accept it) - just a matter of time.

I do worry that I find myself in agreement with Harry more and more.:classic_ohmy:

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I do worry that I find myself in agreement with Harry more and more.:classic_ohmy:

John - quick, lie down in a darkened room until the feeling passes. 

Interesting to note that the idea of allowing the mass of the population to carry on as normal,with the vulnerable being protected,  is gaining more and more support from numerous experts - as per The Barrington Declaration.  Unfortunately this government has surrounded itself with a group of scientific advisors that only have monocular vision,  and refuses to countenance any differing point of view.

Edited by wowzz

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

John - quick, lie down in a darkened room until the feeling passes. 

Interesting to note that the idea of allowing the mass of the population to carry on as normal,with the vulnerable being protected,  is gaining more and more support from numerous experts - as per The Barrington Declaration.  Unfortunately this government has surrounded itself with a group of scientific advisors that only have monocular vision,  and refuses to countenance any differing point of view.

Funnily enough, I was about to mention that:

https://gbdeclaration.org/

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

So do I. I can't figure out if I'm begining to think like Harry or if he's starting to think more like me🤔

Avril

I think it is the friendly posting among ourselves that is making us all more agreeable and understanding.

Graham.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

Sound like a good tour. DW likes the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan. I can see why. Just a lot of young men with no shirts and rippling muscles. Yuk.

Even in their suspenders and bras.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you all for your imput but no 2022 ones out already except crystal cruises 😳

There are a lot of equations,inside and outside passages,round trip from SF.Add the landtours and it is endless,lol.

• Like 1

I can confirm Sarah’s report that it was a lovely day in North Devon yesterday. We didn’t use the car at all and did the very steep walk down to Lynton. 
We walked along the river Lyn which was SO noisy! But lovely. Then had a cream tea (snap Sarah!) and got the cliff railway back up to Lynton. Today we’re going to the RHS gardens at Rosemoor.

426DEC11-EF95-47F3-9E73-F99C9E696ADF.jpeg

7027FF67-22F9-45C8-ABCF-7D22050E5665.jpeg

6BB08A1D-526C-484C-AB4E-3EB8985125FA.jpeg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I thought it was about time. It's only a small  photo so not as scary as it could be😁, and before you think I suddenly became a technical genius overnight, I coerced my grandson into for me😉

Avril

I agree with everyone Avril, lovely to ‘see’ you 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I can confirm Sarah’s report that it was a lovely day in North Devon yesterday. We didn’t use the car at all and did the very steep walk down to Lynton. 
We walked along the river Lyn which was SO noisy! But lovely. Then had a cream tea (snap Sarah!) and got the cliff railway back up to Lynton. Today we’re going to the RHS gardens at Rosemoor.

426DEC11-EF95-47F3-9E73-F99C9E696ADF.jpeg

7027FF67-22F9-45C8-ABCF-7D22050E5665.jpeg

6BB08A1D-526C-484C-AB4E-3EB8985125FA.jpeg

Fantastic photos.

Looks like you are having a fabulous time.

Graham.

• Like 1