P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

We were in Yorkshire until just under two years ago when we moved to Lytham St Annes in Lancashire. I don’t know how to change my personal info in CC

Michelle 

See my post 7397.

I use my Android phone using cruise critic mobile website.

The first picture if you click on the pen icon you can change your personal details

The second photo if you click on that icon you can upload a photo for your avatar picture from your phone photos.

Graham.

20 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

We were in Yorkshire until just under two years ago when we moved to Lytham St Annes in Lancashire. I don’t know how to change my personal info in CC

Michelle 

Click on your own name  PEANUT006  >> next page  Click on EDIT PROFILE 

on profile alter LOCATION &  hit SAVE :classic_wink:

Just seen Grahams post  ,so follow either .:classic_smile: just updated mine for now :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I notuce you're in Yorkhire too but ours are slightly different.

Green - garden rubbish.

Blue - paper and cardboard.

Brown - tins and glass

Grey - general household waste.

Avril

In our part of North Yorkshire, it's Blue for tins and glass, Brown for paper and cardboard, the other 2 are the same.

Until very recently we had boxes for paper, tins and glass, they were a real pain, we had to carry them to the roadside and the lids blew off in high winds.

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

See my post 7397.

I use my Android phone using cruise critic mobile website.

The first picture if you click on the pen icon you can change your personal details

The second photo if you click on that icon you can upload a photo for your avatar picture from your phone photos.

Graham.

Thank you, I have done it

Michelle

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kalos said:

Click on your own name  PEANUT006  >> next page  Click on EDIT PROFILE 

on profile alter LOCATION &  hit SAVE :classic_wink:

Just seen Grahams post  ,so follow either .:classic_smile: just updated mine for now :classic_unsure:

Thank you, I have done it

Michelle

• Like 2

Just to bring this back to cruising (ha ha) - On Behind the Scenes tours I have asked why the cabin stewards have to go through the waste bin to get plastic / glass  etc stuff out by hand, why not put another small bin in the cabin like we have a bin at home to save them having to do that. Have ask about 3 times and they always look at me like I am bonkers. We leave stuff by the side of the waste bin but surely it wouldn't kill for them to provide something to save someone having to do it by hand ---- or even a note on the main bin. 

Just a thought

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just to bring this back to cruising (ha ha) - On Behind the Scenes tours I have asked why the cabin stewards have to go through the waste bin to get plastic / glass  etc stuff out by hand, why not put another small bin in the cabin like we have a bin at home to save them having to do that. Have ask about 3 times and they always look at me like I am bonkers. We leave stuff by the side of the waste bin but surely it wouldn't kill for them to provide something to save someone having to do it by hand ---- or even a note on the main bin. 

Just a thought

Even with another bin that would still not work for certain plastics .Where I worked we made certain plastic 

components in house with our own machinery . Some went through a "Blow" process and others an "Injection"

Process . They both react differently ,so it's not good if one contaminates the other as one guy found out 

once when he mixed them up. One of the machine parts was retrieved from the hole it made in the factory roof.

Gave a whole new meaning to plastic explosive :classic_ohmy:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

I can see Stoke Council going the same way. If you are paying £36 are they collecting all year round or still stopping in Oct/Nov?

Our council Stafford Borough currently empty brown bins all year round and I should imagine they will carry on doing so as cutting collections and introducing charges would perhaps be a bit too much at the same time.

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Even with another bin that would still not work for certain plastics .Where I worked we made certain plastic 

components in house with our own machinery . Some went through a "Blow" process and others an "Injection"

Process . They both react differently ,so it's not good if one contaminates the other as one guy found out 

once when he mixed them up. One of the machine parts was retrieved from the hole it made in the factory roof.

Gave a whole new meaning to plastic explosive :classic_ohmy:.

I imagine that the final the sorting of recyclable plastics is done by someone with far more skills in plastic sorting than a cruise ship steward  or passenger.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I imagine that the final the sorting of recyclable plastics is done by someone with far more skills in plastic sorting than a cruise ship steward  or passenger.

Maybe who knows ? In our factory the shop floor labourers used to sort it out but as I posted it did go wrong once .

If you understood the plastic arrow symbols it wasn't too bad ,just make sure you put the right scrap tin to the right

recycle bin and I think there was only two types not to mix up ,which should have been easy to spot by shape/size .

As you say though John I dont think you would trust Joe public .

• Like 1

We are just back from a fantastic weekend.

We were at a hotel near Gatwick.  A Queen Tribute was booked for the Courtyard.  They showed us how to open windows wide and we settled in.   

All was quiet and normal till the event started.  My daughter produced air guitars, mikes, and a Brian May wig, also disco lights on the mirrors.  Everyone in every room joined in, it was mayhem, everyone singing and dancing in their rooms.  Apparently a photo of me with Brian May wig and air guitar has found its way on Twitter and Facebook.  "Freddy Mercury" jumped off the stage  running around the Courtyard with the union jack like the real one used to do.  There's quite a bit about it on YouTube and the papers.  What a magical out of the box idea.  Worth every penny.

Afterwards people had a drink or two then everything was back to normal.  No yobs or rowdy parties.  Good social distancing.

• Like 9

That sounded fun when you described it previously.  I’m so glad it went so well.

This feels like one way forward in the current circumstances.  Entrepreneurs have to think outside the box.  Drive in movies, socially distanced gigs etc etc

• Like 2

It’s been a very mixed day here.  Times when the sky goes yellow and rain falls like waterfalls; times like now, with blue sky, fluffy white clouds and sunshine.  Unfortunately there’s no in-between, so a walk is out of the question

Sunday roast was good though

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That will teach her    ....images.jpg.396cbcbcaf1be26a24f0c79b95628a05.jpg

Did you know they grow to  12" tall   ? 

That's a little Gnome fact . :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

Well just been for our first walk around Tunstall Park since the end of June and it still looks stunning with the Autumn colours. Very pleased to see 5 young moorhens with their parents. Harry did not succeed in having them for lunch and now we have to help them through the Winter. 🙂

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well just been for our first walk around Tunstall Park since the end of June and it still looks stunning with the Autumn colours. Very pleased to see 5 young moorhens with their parents. Harry did not succeed in having them for lunch and now we have to help them through the Winter. 🙂

Lets hope they are not too affected by the renovation work that is going on in the park. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Lets hope they are not too affected by the renovation work that is going on in the park. 

No it is fine in there - only the boathouse, the bandstand and the main gates. It is nice to see it getting some TLC. Just a lovely walk today. Here are some photos. Took it all for granted until this year🙂

20201025_144553.jpg

20201025_152032.jpg

20201025_144755.jpg

20201025_145228.jpg

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 7

37 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

No it is fine in there - only the boathouse, the bandstand and the main gates. It is nice to see it getting some TLC. Just a lovely walk today. Here are some photos. Took it all for granted until this year🙂

20201025_144553.jpg

20201025_152032.jpg

20201025_144755.jpg

20201025_145228.jpg

What a very pretty park, lovely photos.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

20201025_144553.jpg

20201025_152032.jpg

20201025_144755.jpg

20201025_145228.jpg

There are some really lovely Autumn colours about this year. When we were in Devon we went to Rosemoor Gardens, here’s a pic 

3B71A5D1-727D-449A-ADE7-2DFEF06AAA56.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, pete14 said:

That was last Tuesday’s job for me because our last brown bin collection until Spring was last Thursday.

Down here in Kent they collect our garden bins all year! They are brown and blue boxes for plastic and glass.

• Like 1