P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Down here in Kent they collect our garden bins all year! They are brown and blue boxes for plastic and glass.

They probably don't think that up in the Potteries we have gardens that need a brown bin 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

You’re right

Our autumn colours seem particularly good this year

Last week in the New Forest was spectacular 

We are visiting Tatton Park for my brithday in the week and am sure it will be glorious. God has decided that we need something to brighten our days and cheer us up ! Nature at its best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

No it is fine in there - only the boathouse, the bandstand and the main gates. It is nice to see it getting some TLC. Just a lovely walk today. Here are some photos. Took it all for granted until this year🙂

20201025_144553.jpg

20201025_152032.jpg

20201025_144755.jpg

20201025_145228.jpg

Surely that can’t be Stoke can it? There are trees and everything! 😇

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Surely that can’t be Stoke can it? There are trees and everything! 😇

Nope, it is Tunstall 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Our only complaint was that there wasn't a conker in sight ..... those squirrels got there first !!!!

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Different here in Fylde

Green - garden rubbish

Blue - tins & bottles

Brown - paper

Black - general waste

Michelle

Here in Telford

Red Top - General Waste

Purple Top - Glass, Metal & Plastic

Green Bin - Garden waste

Blue Canvas Bag - Paper & Cardboard

Grey Caddy - Food Waste

Clear Plastic Bags - shredded paper, batteries, light bulbs & tubes (not mixed though)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Here in Telford

Red Top - General Waste

Purple Top - Glass, Metal & Plastic

Green Bin - Garden waste

Blue Canvas Bag - Paper & Cardboard

Grey Caddy - Food Waste

Clear Plastic Bags - shredded paper, batteries, light bulbs & tubes (not mixed though)

Goodness. How complicated.
Near Chichester we have just 3 bins. Household waste, recycling and garden. So much simpler! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are visiting Tatton Park for my brithday in the week and am sure it will be glorious. God has decided that we need something to brighten our days and cheer us up ! Nature at its best.

Happy birthday next week.

My birthday is on Tuesday 27th October.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a lovely day on Tuesday Graham and I’m sure you will be going somewhere special if only down to the sea for a glass of bubbly and a picnic.

Thank you Purdey🥂

We had a couple of nights away last Thursday and Friday at York in case we were put into Tier 3 this week in County Durham.

We went to Harrogate on Thursday and York Designer Outlet on Friday.

Graham.

Very nice I saw your pictures on here , always good to get a plan in just in case, are you in tier 2 still ?  We are flying out to Fuerteventura on Tuesday they have gone green on the island for some time now to visit family, mother-in-law has got a little bit better for us to go now so I packed the suitcase today, hopefully she stays well while we are away 

I will post some photos of my day trips out if possible 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Very nice I saw your pictures on here , always good to get a plan in just in case, are you in tier 2 still ?  We are flying out to Fuerteventura on Tuesday they have gone green on the island for some time now to visit family, mother-in-law has got a little bit better for us to go now so I packed the suitcase today, hopefully she stays well while we are away 

Have a lovely time.If I didn t have a fear of flying I would be on a plane to the Canary Islands too!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Just as pure one upmanship, we went to Fuerteventura when the island didn't have an airport. Fly into Lanzarote,  get your Seat Panda and drive like mad to get the landing craft from Playa Blanca to Corralejo.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just as pure one upmanship, we went to Fuerteventura when the island didn't have an airport. Fly into Lanzarote,  get your Seat Panda and drive like mad to get the landing craft from Playa Blanca to Corralejo.   

It’s certainly changed now then wowzz, my sister in-law lives in Caleta de Fuste just 10 mins from airport and a lot of the area being built up and beach area improved with flat paths for wheel chairs , she lives on top of what’s called chip monk hill so very quiet at night overlooking the town and harbour.

Hope you enjoy Lanzarote when you go in a few days 

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

How about this for an uncanny experience.We were walking along the seafront in Gran Canaria and I mentioned that my mate only ever goes to Fuerteventura for holidays.as I said that a voice behind us said hello Brian.It was him and his Mrs,they obviously fancied a change of scenery,lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Goodness. How complicated.
Near Chichester we have just 3 bins. Household waste, recycling and garden. So much simpler! 

It’s not really, it quite simple. The clear plastic bags a recent addition to kerb side collections, before you had to take those items to the recycling centres. There is a bulk collection system which will take up to 5 large items for a few. Those over 65 or registered disabled get one free collection per year, just used my free collection to dispose of a wooden shed and some old doors. 

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s not really, it quite simple. The clear plastic bags a recent addition to kerb side collections, before you had to take those items to the recycling centres. There is a bulk collection system which will take up to 5 large items for a few. Those over 65 or registered disabled get one free collection per year, just used my free collection to dispose of a wooden shed and some old doors. 

Now the kerb collections would be useful.
Years ago when I lived in the London borough of Sutton we had six monthly skips in the road to dump whatever we wanted. I remember putting a set of old cheap kitchen chairs in there and then watched a neighbour take them out.....🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, brian1 said:

How about this for an uncanny experience.We were walking along the seafront in Gran Canaria and I mentioned that my mate only ever goes to Fuerteventura for holidays.as I said that a voice behind us said hello Brian.It was him and his Mrs,they obviously fancied a change of scenery,lol.

Well that was a uncanny experience good job you weren’t saying anything bad about him 😂 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Now the kerb collections would be useful.
Years ago when I lived in the London borough of Sutton we had six monthly skips in the road to dump whatever we wanted. I remember putting a set of old cheap kitchen chairs in there and then watched a neighbour take them out.....🤣

Currently sitting in a very comfortable slider rocking chair which a neighbour had dumped outside their house!

• Haha 1