P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Can someone please tell me what century I'm living in, because I'm sure when I went to bed last night it was the 21st😲

Avril

Yes, it all feels a bit Dickensian does it not.

Meals are covered over the school holidays up here so looking from the outside in it’s sad to see children go hungry at the vote of MPs but really heartening to see the English publics amazing spirit of generosity filling the gap.

• Like 6

I watched Ch4's billion pound cruise on Symphony of the seas yesterday. I know many on here hate big ships, however we loved it, she is just a bigger and better version of the Voyager/Freedom class, and I hope we are still cruising when RCI decide to bring an Oasis class ship to Southampton for a summer season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I watched Ch4's billion pound cruise on Symphony of the seas yesterday. I know many on here hate big ships, however we loved it, she is just a bigger and better version of the Voyager/Freedom class, and I hope we are still cruising when RCI decide to bring an Oasis class ship to Southampton for a summer season.

We watched that as well and whilst we did not have any desire to sail on such a big ship, we would have been quite happy to watch the high dive pool show and the cabins were just something else :classic_love:

Also how many other ships have a musical staircase  ? :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 8:38 AM, pete14 said:

Josy - the fact you retain positivity and your helpfulness to others in the face of everything that is happening should be a cause of inspiration and support to others as well as to you and those around you. Thanks

Thank you, I have to give thanks to my parents who always taught us that no matter how bad you think things look in your little world there are others who are far worse off and would like to have what you have.

• Like 5

How’s your weather everyone?  Absolutely persisting it down here but fortunately it didn’t come in hard until after puppy class.  I don’t think the assorted babies would have enjoyed heavy rain being blown into their fluffy faces.

No news from the deep south.  Obviously we are back from the caravan, cats collected, everything back to “normal”.  I guess this is how it will stay till spring, unless things here get so bad that we are moved to tier 2 or 3?  What a thought 😕

Did you see Pres Macron saying he doesn’t expect any improvement before next summer?  *sigh*

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We sailed on Harmony on her maiden Transatlantic back in 2016. It was just fantastic, it never felt crowded in fact a couple of times there were only us sat in Central Park. The cabins are lovely, we had an accessible interior with virtual balcony. I would love to go on another Oasis class ship 

Michelle 

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

How’s your weather everyone?  Absolutely persisting it down here but fortunately it didn’t come in hard until after puppy class.  I don’t think the assorted babies would have enjoyed heavy rain being blown into their fluffy faces.

No news from the deep south.  Obviously we are back from the caravan, cats collected, everything back to “normal”.  I guess this is how it will stay till spring, unless things here get so bad that we are moved to tier 2 or 3?  What a thought 😕

Did you see Pres Macron saying he doesn’t expect any improvement before next summer?  *sigh*

It is raining here too, but that hasn't stopped David from going outside to finish off some jobs to get the garden ready for the winter and to fill up the brown bin before it is collected next week for the last time this year.

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It is raining here too, but that hasn't stopped David from going outside to finish off some jobs to get the garden ready for the winter and to fill up the brown bin before it is collected next week for the last time this year.

That was last Tuesday’s job for me because our last brown bin collection until Spring was last Thursday.

14 minutes ago, pete14 said:

That was last Tuesday’s job for me because our last brown bin collection until Spring was last Thursday.

Oh no - better empty the stuff I've put in ours then .... thanks for the tip ! 

PS Throwing it down here too. We were going up to Astbury Garden Centre but have knocked that on the head and decided to have a lazy day.

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

PS Throwing it down here too. We were going up to Astbury Garden Centre but have knocked that on the head and decided to have a lazy day.

We go to Astbury Garden centre from here in Macclesfield, but have you tried the

farm shop opposite Morton Old Hall national trust, their plants are great and their

vegetable shop is brill.

Terri

9 minutes ago, silkworms said:

We go to Astbury Garden centre from here in Macclesfield, but have you tried the

farm shop opposite Morton Old Hall national trust, their plants are great and their

vegetable shop is brill.

Terri

We also go to Astbury Garden Centre because I prefer it to Bridgemere and it gives us an excuse to have lunch at the Brownlow Inn.  I have never tried the farm shop but will try it next time we are out that way.

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We also go to Astbury Garden Centre because I prefer it to Bridgemere and it gives us an excuse to have lunch at the Brownlow Inn.  I have never tried the farm shop but will try it next time we are out that way.

I think Bridgemere has really gone down hill since it became a Blue Diamond, there doesn't seem to be any atmosphere anymore. We like Astbury but also like a drive down to Dobbies at Gailey.

30 minutes ago, silkworms said:

vegetable shop is brill.

Terri

Oh no - will look that out next time we are out and about 🙂

Must admit we have been to Bridgemere the last over the lst month a couple of times. It has been taken over by Blue Diamond and I have to say that it is 100 times better than it used to be with Wyevale and far cheaper 🙂

8 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

I think Bridgemere has really gone down hill since it became a Blue Diamond, there doesn't seem to be any atmosphere anymore. We like Astbury but also like a drive down to Dobbies at Gailey.

This made me smile - I've just written the opposite !! Have you been recently?

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We watched it last night too and it felt like a little window into another (lost for now) world.  I loved it even though I don't want to sail on her.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

This made me smile - I've just written the opposite !! Have you been recently?

Lol oh yes 😁 We went a couple of times in the summer and it was looking very bedraggled. The staff were moaning about the hours they had been asked to work within earshot of the customers. If they have got themselves sorted out now we will give them another try, I miss the old Bridgemere when it was family run, pre Wyevale.

Just now, Rupert2251 said:

Lol oh yes 😁 We went a couple of times in the summer and it was looking very bedraggled. The staff were moaning about the hours they had been asked to work within earshot of the customers. If they have got themselves sorted out now we will give them another try, I miss the old Bridgemere when it was family run, pre Wyevale.

It is looking loads better now and they have some nice stuff. I miss the olden days too when it was family owned as it had a special feel about it

and it's persisting down here in Weston Super Mare.  Well it was only a quick stopover on the way to Worcester and we did Dunster Castle yesterday and the Helicopter Museum today.  The hotel is fine.  Very interesting, we booked a meal last evening in the Captains Cabin.  When we got there, I thought we might have made a big mistake.  The music was a bit loud but hey ho, we had walked there, so we stayed and the dog was under the table.  We had a bottle of very nice wine and then they brought the menu.  Other half had crabcakes to start and they were absolutely wonderful.  Both our mains courses were to die for, so we are going back tonight!!

Only bad thing we did was to let the dog off the lead on the beach.  Yes you guessed it, he ran and ran and then headed out to find the sea, next thing I see is him struggling in the mud.  I called very loudly and he managed to struggle out.  We spent the next half hour at a sort of sea lake getting the mud off.  Just glad he managed to get out.  Afterwards we met someone who said oh yes the mud is dangerous.  Nightmare and our own fault.

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We sailed on Harmony on her maiden Transatlantic back in 2016. It was just fantastic, it never felt crowded in fact a couple of times there were only us sat in Central Park. The cabins are lovely, we had an accessible interior with virtual balcony. I would love to go on another Oasis class ship 

Michelle 

We were on Harmony 3 times in her maiden season,the first time was  her second voyage a 3 night cruise to Cherbourg from Southampton end of May where thousands of people lined the dock waving us away from Cherbourg and Southampton.

The other 2 were 7 night voyages from Barcelona.

It is a fantastic ship.

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

PS Give it a week or two as they are changing areas for Christmas. Just love the new range of stuff they are offering at a decent price and love the new look of some areas. It feels loved again 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

and it's persisting down here in Weston Super Mare.  Well it was only a quick stopover on the way to Worcester and we did Dunster Castle yesterday and the Helicopter Museum today.  The hotel is fine.  Very interesting, we booked a meal last evening in the Captains Cabin.  When we got there, I thought we might have made a big mistake.  The music was a bit loud but hey ho, we had walked there, so we stayed and the dog was under the table.  We had a bottle of very nice wine and then they brought the menu.  Other half had crabcakes to start and they were absolutely wonderful.  Both our mains courses were to die for, so we are going back tonight!!

Only bad thing we did was to let the dog off the lead on the beach.  Yes you guessed it, he ran and ran and then headed out to find the sea, next thing I see is him struggling in the mud.  I called very loudly and he managed to struggle out.  We spent the next half hour at a sort of sea lake getting the mud off.  Just glad he managed to get out.  Afterwards we met someone who said oh yes the mud is dangerous.  Nightmare and our own fault.

Glad all ended well - an extra fuss tonight and a decent sized bone for your dog. (And a stuff drink for you). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Miserable weather for first full day of new lockdown here. Won’t venture out for a week or so, most shops are closed anyway. Feels very wintry. 

Can I ask where about you are?

Really feel for the Welsh at the moment -------- take care and stay sane.

Stay on here - you'll find loads of people to chat with over the coming 16 days (now)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

If yours is normally collected next week you will be fine. Our next collection would have been a week on a Thursday and by then they will have finished for the winter.