P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Don’t let the trumpet blowers who like the sound of the noises they emit keep you away from the forum.

I always like reading your posts - honest and amusing.

Look after yourself.

Gill x

I'm not leaving the forum at all. I've just decided to draw back a little and let the self-opinionated have free reign on every thread until they (hopefully) run out of steam, decide to start a new thread, runout of things to argue about (unlikely)😉 or get cramp😁 I'm still here reading the interesting posts, avoiding all the negativity and bluster, reacting and occasionally replying. Just like the majority of us, I'm just trying to hold it all together. 

Stay safe and stay positive

Avril

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not leaving the forum at all. I've just decided to draw back a little and let the self-opinionated have free reign on every thread until they (hopefully) run out of steam, decide to start a new thread, runout of things to argue about (unlikely)😉 or get cramp😁 I'm still here reading the interesting posts, avoiding all the negativity and bluster, reacting and occasionally replying. Just like the majority of us, I'm just trying to hold it all together. 

Avril

A bit like me Avril , I don’t comment on everything and I read it all , I have my own opinions but I don’t say too much because I know it would probably up set a few people, I try to be positive in others postings and we all have different opinions and thoughts on different topics and we should all respect that and not get angry at others but as you know it happens with a few , I love your post and all the photos you do in the other threads , you both take care and stay happy 😊 

Sandra

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I started buying the ingredients for a very fancy Christmas pud and got to about £45, put it all back and headed for the ready made aisle.... 😊

My daughter makes a gorgeous Christmas pudding using Delia Smith's recipe. All alcohol soaked fruit and not much pudding😉 There's still time to make it and it's not expensive.

Avril

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Please, not kalos. I can still remember the caravan and his good ship 'Disaster'😁

Avril

In the wake of Phil Greens empire collapsing, I was going to suggest Kalos tries to take Lionheart off his hands. It might just be big enough for a small group cruise?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Also a little bit of Chorizo is very nice and for the veggie options sweet potato and feta 

I love Chorizo, a christmas treat will be to have my sprouts served with  fried chopped Chorizo rather than pancetta or bacon 🤤  🤤  🤤

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter makes a gorgeous Christmas pudding using Delia Smith's recipe. All alcohol soaked fruit and not much pudding😉 There's still time to make it and it's not expensive.

Avril

That's where the problem lies... We don't have much alcohol in the house.. 

Andy 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I’ve got my cards made too, but I still need to make boxes for the truffles. I am also going to make some fudge bur haven’t decided yet to put them in boxes or bags.

Lovely cards.

We got a specially made card for our Sarah's 40th birthday on Xmas Eve.

Graham.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lincslady said:

As mainly a 'lurker' on this board - first of all, can I say how good it has been - and still is - to read cheerful news from everyone,  on those days when you are a feeling like there is no end to the current situation.  I am sure we all have days or at least moments like that, and then something comes along to cheer you up, like the blue tits and finches on the seeds in the feeder, and a lovely blue sky, and a delivery of supplies which includes something a bit naughty which you enjoy.  Or a funny and cheerful post on here.

Can I  just ask, however, if those are tinned baked beans in a sausage roll?  Wouldn't it be a bit leaky?  And mess up the oven.

Yes tinned baked beans but don’t use the sauce you just pick out the beans and add to the sausage meat , also one I’m going to try is Stilton, date and walnut sausage rolls ( posh ones ) 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's where the problem lies... We don't have much alcohol in the house.. 

Andy 

M&S make our Xmas puddings.

My late mam used to make the Xmas puddings and Xmas cakes. She always left plenty of the mix in the bowl for me to scoop out with a spoon and eat before putting the rest in a pan to cook in the oven.

• Like 2

OOOOOOOOH    feeling  really guilty now. 🤥 I'm making s** all for Christmas this year!!!!

I lie ... there are only going to be two of us and we are in the middle of a bungalow purchase.  We are just going to slob around before the move kicks off, hopefully after New Year, and might even stay in our pj's  ☺️🤣 

BUT I do have an Ocado/M and S delivery booked.. now there's gold dust!  I got in quick.

Have fun in your kitchens everyone.. what you are all doing sounds wonderful

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I usually make Delia's pudding recipe and her Creole Christmas cake but I have decided not to make Christmas pudding or Christmas cake this year because we won't be having anyone round and we won't be going out so it will be a waste.  David has requested lemon meringue  for our pudding on Christmas day because it's his favourite and not so heavy.  It is definitely going to be different this year.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely cards.

We got a specially made card for our Sarah's 40th birthday on Xmas Eve.

Graham.

The problem with making your own cards is that when you need a card in a hurry you can't buy one because you know that the recipient will not be happy.  I do like to receive personally made cards myself and I am lucky because I have several friends who are into crafts too so I receive them from them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

M&S make our Xmas puddings.

My late mam used to make the Xmas puddings and Xmas cakes. She always left plenty of the mix in the bowl for me to scoop out with a spoon and eat before putting the rest in a pan to cook in the oven.

M&S puddings are what my mum used to buy and they were lovely but I believe that for the last few years Aldi puddings have been voted as the best.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Good idea Avril.

Good friends on the RC boards  long ago gave me great advice.

Don't Feed The Trolls.

• Like 5

Good to see various people back and posting again this morning. And some new topics of discussion.

I’d be sorry if that meant losing some of the other posters though, some of whom came in for the discussion of the very topical topics involving the reality of everyday life at the moment in different parts of the UK. Good to hear how it varies across the country, and countries, from different standpoints.

We all have different views on the way this crisis is being handled, how people are behaving etc, and provided it doesn’t descend into abuse (which it hasn’t at any point) I can’t see why current affairs can’t be discussed as well as currant affairs.

Room for both, surely, without anybody feeling excluded or driven away?  🙃

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

I usually make Delia's pudding recipe and her Creole Christmas cake but I have decided not to make Christmas pudding or Christmas cake this year because we won't be having anyone round and we won't be going out so it will be a waste.  David has requested lemon meringue  for our pudding on Christmas day because it's his favourite and not so heavy.  It is definitely going to be different this year.

The problem with making your own cards is that when you need a card in a hurry you can't buy one because you know that the recipient will not be happy.  I do like to receive personally made cards myself and I am lucky because I have several friends who are into crafts too so I receive them from them.

I make more than I need so I have a stash to hand, which can then have greetings added to them if required. It also means when someone else wants one I'm not in a panic go get one made. My Christmas cards were made during the first lockdown as a change from making birthday cards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

OOOOOOOOH    feeling  really guilty now. 🤥 I'm making s** all for Christmas this year!!!!

I lie ... there are only going to be two of us and we are in the middle of a bungalow purchase.  We are just going to slob around before the move kicks off, hopefully after New Year, and might even stay in our pj's  ☺️🤣 

BUT I do have an Ocado/M and S delivery booked.. now there's gold dust!  I got in quick.

Have fun in your kitchens everyone.. what you are all doing sounds wonderful

Do whatever makes you happy we all deserve to have the best Christmas that we can under the circumstances.🎄

• Like 4

I used to do a microwave pudding, which you stir together on Xmas eve then cook for about 2 minutes as you’re eating your turkey.  It was very good and always moist and more-ish

I’ve often done Delia’s too - very good!

Only 2 of us this year, so we’re going to open the pineapple rum we bought in Guadeloupe in January (weep at the memories! 😢) and have a luxury vanilla ice cream with the pineapple fingers from the bottle and a drop or two of the rum poured over

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have bought the 3D cards on P&O many times and they look lovely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I make more than I need so I have a stash to hand, which can then have greetings added to them if required. It also means when someone else wants one I'm not in a panic go get one made. My Christmas cards were made during the first lockdown as a change from making birthday cards.

I always have a stash of birthday and anniversary cards and like you I make more Christmas cards than I need because someone unexpected will always send one 😁

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Paulines best friend is into crafts and makes fantastic cards.

My late mam knew she was dying with cancer in 2011 and got a fabulous birthday card with a cruise ship theme made for me.

Pauline promised my mam she would give the card pride of place every year on my birthday and it is lovely to see it every year as it was the last thing she ever wrote and she died 6 days after my 55th birthday 9 years ago.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good to see various people back and posting again this morning. And some new topics of discussion.

I’d be sorry if that meant losing some of the other posters though, some of whom came in for the discussion of the very topical topics involving the reality of everyday life at the moment in different parts of the UK. Good to hear how it varies across the country, and countries, from different standpoints.

We all have different views on the way this crisis is being handled, how people are behaving etc, and provided it doesn’t descend into abuse (which it hasn’t at any point) I can’t see why current affairs can’t be discussed as well as currant affairs.

Well said Harry.

Graham.

• Like 5

Good morning everyone :classic_biggrin:

Keep The Silly thoughts out of my head , Keep The Silly thoughts ..
Oops sorry that was another post I did , must be the after effects .
Reading back through some of the posts  I also came very close  to
Grahams conclusion .Then I got thinking if I did that ,how on earth
would I know  if you were all alright ?
So I'm still here ,were heading into the season of goodwill to all posters 
and Andy wants to cook ????????

Keep The Sausage rolls safe,..... Keep The Sausage rolls safe !
I'm sure he's a dab hand in the kitchen .:classic_smile:

Last Christmas  to surprise Mrs Kalos I made a mess, No not a an Eton ,

mine was just a mess .
She threw me out of her kitchen and my attempt into the bin .
Once she calmed down ,she told me " I would like some  peace and quiet 
while she tried to cook dinner... So I took the batteries out of the smoke alarm
and then headed for the pub to give her some space .
I knew she was still on one when I got a text message from Mrs Kalos ...
“ If you’re not home from the pub  in the next 10 minutes, I’m giving the dinner 
I cooked for you to the dog.” 
I was back home in 3 minutes, I’d hate for anything to happen to the poor dog.

To try and make things up with her, I sneaked out of bed really early the next 
morning and I was cooking some eggs and sausages for breakfast, and one of the 
sausages got burnt! ... I'll never cook naked again.
When it comes to cooking , just remember , practice makes perfect , maybe we 
are never going to be a Gordon Ramsey but I will tell you this ... If you think one 
man can't change the world, You clearly haven't eaten a half cooked bat before.:classic_unsure:
But onwards and upwards ...
Half of us are going to  come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks
and the other half are going come out with a drinking problem.

Cheers and good health to you all :classic_biggrin:🍹🍻🍺

Have a nice day folks & be nice to each other ! :classic_smile:

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone :classic_biggrin:

Keep The Silly thoughts out of my head , Keep The Silly thoughts ..
Oops sorry that was another post I did , must be the after effects .
Reading back through some of the posts  I also came very close  to
Grahams conclusion .Then I got thinking if I did that ,how on earth
would I know  if you were all alright ?
So I'm still here ,were heading into the season of goodwill to all posters 
and Andy wants to cook ????????

Keep The Sausage rolls safe,..... Keep The Sausage rolls safe !
I'm sure he's a dab hand in the kitchen .:classic_smile:

Last Christmas  to surprise Mrs Kalos I made a mess, No not a an Eton ,

mine was just a mess .
She threw me out of her kitchen and my attempt into the bin .
Once she calmed down ,she told me " I would like some  peace and quiet 
while she tried to cook dinner... So I took the batteries out of the smoke alarm
and then headed for the pub to give her some space .
I knew she was still on one when I got a text message from Mrs Kalos ...
“ If you’re not home from the pub  in the next 10 minutes, I’m giving the dinner 
I cooked for you to the dog.” 
I was back home in 3 minutes, I’d hate for anything to happen to the poor dog.

To try and make things up with her, I sneaked out of bed really early the next 
morning and I was cooking some eggs and sausages for breakfast, and one of the 
sausages got burnt! ... I'll never cook naked again.
When it comes to cooking , just remember , practice makes perfect , maybe we 
are never going to be a Gordon Ramsey but I will tell you this ... If you think one 
man can't change the world, You clearly haven't eaten a half cooked bat before.:classic_unsure:
But onwards and upwards ...
Half of us are going to  come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks
and the other half are going come out with a drinking problem.

Cheers and good health to you all :classic_biggrin:🍹🍻🍺

Have a nice day folks & be nice to each other ! :classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos.

Your humour is always a great tonic and pick me up.👍🍾

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Quite right Harry, there should be room for everyone. 

My coping mechanism is to understand what’s going on around me, and to have facts and figures to hand.  I also enjoy other people opinions on what is going on - whether I personally agree with them or not.

As I was involved in yesterday’s conversation ( and that’s what it was) I now feel abashed that I might have ‘driven people away’, and as a result don’t really feel like posting today.🤷‍♀️

• Like 5