P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hope all went well with the assessment Graham. The sun's shining here today, so if it's the same where you are it will be a good day for an outing. 

Avril

I've just seen your photos. Lovely, but I can't see Rudolph, he must be resting up for later.🎅

Thanks.

All tests were fine.

Probably early January before vitrectomy op.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Been to the eye infirmary for pre-op assessment at 8.30am.

Home now so we are going to a garden centre then probably have a drive to the beach.

Graham.

Glad you're back to normal Graham.You'll have to get Pauline to patent her home covid cure,salmon sarnies in bed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Reindeer pen at the garden centre.

IMG_20201207_121650.jpg

IMG_20201207_121438.jpg

IMG_20201207_121302.jpg

IMG_20201207_121127.jpg

IMG_20201207_121117.jpg

We have been to Lapland many times for ski holidays in February. Yllas is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth (it has the cleanest air in Europe and the tap water comes from springs ). The reindeer are just such beautiful animals ... can see why Santa lives there. A simply beautiful place and this just reminded us of how special it is there. (And the Lappish people are such lovely people too)

• Like 4

Thanks.

All tests were fine.

Probably early January before vitrectomy op.

Sorry but what is a vitrectomy op? Am only asking as I had a trabeculectomy (had to look it up) about 5 years ago now. Have acute Glaucoma and one eye in particular is a concern. My eye pressures were high 50s when they discovered it and damage had already been done to one eye so I am forever in the debt of the amazing NHS consultant and nurses who take care of me.

• Like 1

Reindeer pen at the garden centre.

IMG_20201207_121650.jpg

IMG_20201207_121438.jpg

IMG_20201207_121302.jpg

IMG_20201207_121127.jpg

IMG_20201207_121117.jpg

I remember taking our great-niece to see the reindeer at a local garden centre when she was 2 years old, she hated them because she said that they were smelly and 8 years on still hasn't forgiven us.  If we ask her if she would like to come out with us she always checks that no smelly animals will be involved. 😂😂

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry but what is a vitrectomy op? Am only asking as I had a trabeculectomy (had to look it up) about 5 years ago now. Have acute Glaucoma and one eye in particular is a concern. My eye pressures were high 50s when they discovered it and damage had already been done to one eye so I am forever in the debt of the amazing NHS consultant and nurses who take care of me.

I have an Epiretinal Membrane which is pulling on the Macular of my right eye causing blurred vision in that eye.

They have to cut the eye lens and peal away the Epiretinal Membrane underneath then put a gas bubble in place of the vitreous gel which closes the macular hole.

The gas bubble absorbes into the eye after a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I have an Epiretinal Membrane which is pulling on the Macular of my right eye causing blurred vision in that eye.

They have to cut the eye lens and peal away the Epiretinal Membrane underneath then put a gas bubble in place of the vitreous gel which closes the macular hole.

Oooooooo, why does anything to do with the eye and an op make me go 'Ooooooooooo' 

I remember having injections in mine after my op and even one of the nurses was going 'Oooooooo'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oooooooo, why does anything to do with the eye and an op make me go 'Ooooooooooo' 

I remember having injections in mine after my op and even one of the nurses was going 'Oooooooo'

OMG, double Ooooooo,sounds like a horror film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

My good friend had that done, very successfully, two years ago,

The post-op bubble thing was a tiny bit of a trial - just a nuisance really - but soon passed

I’m sure yours will be fine, Graham

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hope all goes well for you, I am sure it will.

My mum has Macular Degeneration and her eyesight has got much worse recently which is a worry

Michelle

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

My good friend had that done, very successfully, two years ago,

The post-op bubble thing was a tiny bit of a trial - just a nuisance really - but soon passed

I’m sure yours will be fine, Graham

Thanks Eddie,I appreciate your reassurance.

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

My mum has Macular Degeneration and her eyesight has got much worse recently which is a worry

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Sorry to hear about your mam's Macular Degeneration.

Graham.

You’ll be fine as Pauline will resume Nursie duties for the week you have to spend face down.  My friend lives alone, and though I offered to set up a rota for friends going in to feed her and chat to her, she went to her son’s for the face-down week. 

I went with her for the follow up appointment and the consultant showed us the before and after pictures which demonstrated how well the tear had healed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sorry,I just put a laughing emoji on your post by mistake.I was just scrolling past the emojis and it popped up.Another "great" innovation with this new format and it can't be removed.

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hubby watched and is still traumatised ------ ha ha ha ha

Anyhing to do with eyes makes me shudder.As a plumber a blob of molten solder and acidic flux bounced off my eyeball when I was working off a stepladder.Pre compulsary ppe on sites.Luckily Moorfields was only up the road,irrigation and eyepatch for 2 days.I got some stick in the pub,lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Anyhing to do with eyes makes me shudder.

I had an acute glaucoma attack back in 2012. Fortunately I was under the care of Prof Dan Reinstein at the London Vision Clinic. He referred me to Prof David O'Brart who replaced my natural lenses with intraocular lens implants. Just amazing, and no need to wear glasses. Eyesight is a precious gift. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I had an acute glaucoma attack back in 2012. Fortunately I was under the care of Prof Dan Reinstein at the London Vision Clinic. He referred me to Prof David O'Brart who replaced my natural lenses with intraocular lens implants. Just amazing, and no need to wear glasses. Eyesight is a precious gift. 

And if you are driving an Esprit, absolutely essential, especially for seeing what is behind you, if I recall correctly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Sorry,I just put a laughing emoji on your post by mistake.I was just scrolling past the emojis and it popped up.Another "great" innovation with this new format and it can't be removed.

Once a like is selected ,I can go back to the 💙 hover over it and a "x" appears inviting me to remove and reselect one of the 3 choices available .

Have a play with it Brian ,you never know :classic_wink:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Received the news that one of our granddaughters has tested positive for Covid, she was already self isolating due to the bubble in her year at school having a case, was unwell on Sunday night, was tested 11.30 yesterday, result early hours this morning. 

Her brother has been self isolating multiple times since half term in October due to cases in his year. 

Perhaps it’s time to close schools again until after Christmas, especially if the children are in and out of school anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Received the news that one of our granddaughters has tested positive for Covid, she was already self isolating due to the bubble in her year at school having a case, was unwell on Sunday night, was tested 11.30 yesterday, result early hours this morning. 

Her brother has been self isolating multiple times since half term in October due to cases in his year. 

Perhaps it’s time to close schools again until after Christmas, especially if the children are in and out of school anyway. 

Sorry to hear that, hope she recovers soon. 

Everyone I know that has had it feels it came from a school. 

Andy 

22 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I hope your grandkids make a speedy recovery soon.

Closing schools is never an easy choice ,on one side of the coin you have .. It could damage

their mental health and long term education and on the other side their mental health & wellbeing by going to school fretting "are they going to come down with it next ? " which your grandsons case seems to highlight.

Spare a thought for the teachers as well.

Maybe if a school does become over run with infection then maybe it could be a good idea to 

close it. Both sides have valid cases but no easy answer, once again I hope your grandkids 

get well soon . 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2