P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Hehehe

A friend sent us the 🎶 

Here’s a snap of the pup listening.  Her poor head was going from side to side as she tried to make sense of the racket.  (Poor quality pic - inept photographer forgot flash 🙄)

89CB9BDB-86C5-4C75-B083-70CDBF0705E4.jpeg

Cute dog.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We're getting our weekly dose of cuteness by watching "Twelve Puppies and Us" on BBC. 

I bet the one those Newfoundland's sitting on your lap won't be cute when they are fully grown :classic_unsure: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Hehehe

A friend sent us the 🎶 

Here’s a snap of the pup listening.  Her poor head was going from side to side as she tried to make sense of the racket.  (Poor quality pic - inept photographer forgot flash 🙄)

89CB9BDB-86C5-4C75-B083-70CDBF0705E4.jpeg

Poor little thing look stunned. I hope there's a big improvement this morning.

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Washed down with some Mule'd  wine :classic_love:

Canarians hate the English,especially Yorkshire peeps.I think it was when you lot took them down the mines in cages.British Empire has a lot to answer to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Canarians hate the English,especially Yorkshire peeps.I think it was when you lot took them down the mines in cages.British Empire has a lot to answer to.

I bought two of them as they were going cheep :classic_wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Reminds me of a situation years ago.BURRO is Italian for butter.When we went to Gran Canaria that year,I wasn't happy when I smugly asked the waiters for a DONKEY to put on my toast.

We were sitting in a restaurant in Sirmeoni. I was looking at the English translation of the menu. DW said what are you giggling about. I had just got the Basil Fawlty sketch, 20 years too late. When I was giggling saying eyore, eyore, she was on her was to the handbag shop🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

Reminds me of a situation years ago.BURRO is Italian for butter.When we went to Gran Canaria that year,I wasn't happy when I smugly asked the waiters for a DONKEY to put on my toast.

And that reminds me Brian , have you had a BURRO (Butter ) shower ?  :classic_unsure:

or better known in Spain & Algarve as a Donkey shower ?  :classic_smile:

Very popular should you be short of warm water  :classic_wink:......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well Christmas has arrived at the Presto house today. Took hours to put the tree up and all decor but we celebrated with our first Port, mince pies and cream ...oh and a bottle of Prosecco to celebrate the end of the year since the tree was last up! 

Looks lovely now and looking back to Jan 1st 2020 when I felt so uneasy when taking it down and the year ahead (no idea why at the time but I felt so uneasy) it is good to be well and safe putting it all up again. Not the best year but lots to be thankful for.

And we've made some great CC friends on the way 😉

If that makes sense

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 13

Who do others think will be voted off in Strictly tomorrow? My favourite dance was by HRVY and Jeanette(I loved Craigs comments about seeing himself in a mirror and changing his name to CRH !)

I was disappointed with Bill Bailey again tonight but think Jamie should go.

Edited by ann141
  • Like 1

I thought it wasn't quite so good tonight.  That could be because there are fewer in it now.  I think Jamie too.

Changing the subject, I know some of you love your food.  Well you probably know this but just in case... I heard and read that gammon cooks well in Coca Cola.  I didn't take much notice but today I thought I would try it.  I just chucked it in the slow cooker with a medium bottle of Cola and walked away.  Well, it was the best gammon we have ever tasted, and I don't think it was coincidence.😄

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

A man of taste perhaps!!!!!😀

Thank you!

Can we now turn our attention  to the lady in South Wales in "Twelve Puppies" that wheels her puppy everywhere in a pram.  A very sad situation for all concerned. 

13 hours ago, kalos said:

And that reminds me Brian , have you had a BURRO (Butter ) shower ?  :classic_unsure:

or better known in Spain & Algarve as a Donkey shower ?  :classic_smile:

Very popular should you be short of warm water  :classic_wink:......

I CAN'T BELIEEEVE IT!Classic,love it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I thought it wasn't quite so good tonight.  That could be because there are fewer in it now.  I think Jamie too.

Changing the subject, I know some of you love your food.  Well you probably know this but just in case... I heard and read that gammon cooks well in Coca Cola.  I didn't take much notice but today I thought I would try it.  I just chucked it in the slow cooker with a medium bottle of Cola and walked away.  Well, it was the best gammon we have ever tasted, and I don't think it was coincidence.😄

Doesn't leave a lot of room for the voddie.Seriously though ,slimming world do a chicken in Coca Cola and there is a ready made version in Iceland.I'll give it a try.Cheers,Brian.

10 hours ago, ann141 said:

Who do others think will be voted off in Strictly tomorrow? My favourite dance was by HRVY and Jeanette(I loved Craigs comments about seeing himself in a mirror and changing his name to CRH !)

I was disappointed with Bill Bailey again tonight but think Jamie should go.

I agree Jamie should go, they were poor this week and he is the most irritating person when Claudia talks to them but I suspect that if it comes down to a choice between him and Bill Bailey the judges will choose Jamie.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Agree about Jamie,  but JJ ( strangest Charleston ever) and Bill must be in danger as well.

How sad am I, a man of mature years  talking about Strictly !

The problem is we all love Bill but he is not improving... 

This is where we see if it is a popularity vote and not about the dancing at all... 

Welcome to the sad club Wowzz.. I fought it for years but have now succumbed... 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

6°C cold and wet this morning.

We will be going to church this morning then to a garden centre.

Graham.

You are lucky, I have just been outside and our garden thermometer is registering 3° C.  I think that we should move house, where we are now we are high up ( lovely views over the city) but if we drive 2 miles down to the town it is usually a couple of degrees warmer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The problem is we all love Bill but he is not improving... 

This is where we see if it is a popularity vote and not about the dancing at all... 

Welcome to the sad club Wowzz.. I fought it for years but have now succumbed... 

Andy 

You are of course right.  I think that it is rarely about the dancing, I love the show but over the years I have noticed that the public vote keeps the most undeserving dancers in because they are either popular or are getting a sympathy vote.  In my opinion JJ should have gone long ago but he is still there because he is getting a sympathy vote and I think that Bill is popular with the public.  Maisie is an example of this, earlier in the series she was in the bottom two several times despite being one of the best dancers and was saved by the judges she was obviously unpopular with the public.

• Like 3