P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Going just by age looks like you would not qualify until next year Anne .

Unless you have any of these conditions  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/when-is-pneumococcal-vaccine-needed/

If not, then ask as they arrange next years Flu Jab, as you then qualify for it :classic_smile:

My GP said that although I am not 65, I would be included in the over 65 s because the criteria covers anyone who will be 65 before March 2021.I susequently received a text from NHS to go for flu jab because I am on the shielded list but had already had one.I could phone the GP and ask if I can have the pneumonia jab but will wait until next year as they are probably really busy giving anyone 50 to 64 flu jabs

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think the pneumonia jab is age related bro, unless you have other health issues. Frank had his and a shingles jab when he was 72 and went for his flu jab, but they didn't do mine until the following year.

Sis

Hi sis,I got mine aged 65 3 years ago and my OH was 65 in August,so she should get it.Although she wasn't too keen on the flu jab,I had to talk her into that,lol.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,I got mine aged 65 3 years ago and my OH was 65 in August,so she should get it.Although she wasn't too keen on the flu jab,I had to talk her into that,lol.

We didn't know about it until it was offered to us. As Frank and I get older we'll have any vaccination offered to us. You keep making sure your OH gets any vaccinations she's eligible for, and you as well, you can't be too careful. Better safe than sorry bro.

Sis

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

How's the weather where you are today ?

This came along about an hour ago and it seems to be getting heavier .

20201204_114726.thumb.jpg.036f42be84ba20fe5a64c5072ab5de9e.jpg

Brrr. We had a dusting this morning, but it's turning to sleet now and melting. Perishingly cold though🥶

Avril

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Will we have to talk you into going to bed early Brian ?  

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-daily-coronavirus-deaths-in-italy-hit-record-high-as-nation-imposes-10pm-curfew-on-new-years-eve-12150727

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

I was reading that today on our commune website.Looks like we got out in time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I think the pneumonia jab is age related bro, unless you have other health issues. Frank had his and a shingles jab when he was 72 and went for his flu jab, but they didn't do mine until the following year.

Sis

I think it's now over 65s, but we only had ours within the last 5-7 yrs I think, which means we were 70 or so then, so it must have been phased in since they started. I guess it's possible they will soon be giving it to over 60s.

I think the pneumonia jab also protects against sepsis? Seems like a good idea.  Perhaps they’ll even roll it out universally - include it in childhood jabs, if it’s safe to do so.  Protect against some of the worse effects of meningitis, which one thinks of as a disease of the young

If you contact your surgery, or even visit its website, you’ll find out at what age they generally vaccinate.  I think I arranged mine with the nurse when I had a flu jab several years ago - certainly didn’t need to involve the Doc. (Shhh, I often think the practice nurses work harder than the GPs - but don’t tell mine I said that!)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The cardiac team asked my GP to do a diabetes blood test,I was 63 at that time in September.

The nurse after taking my blood asked if I wanted a pneumonia jab and gave me it saying it was a lifetime one off jab.

She then booked me in for a flu jab which I had several weeks ago.

Graham.

How are doing Graham? Still improving I hope. You've not been as prolific with your postings over yesterday or today, so I thought I'd make sure all's still well with you both.🙂

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

How are doing Graham? Still improving I hope. You've not been as prolific with your postings over yesterday or today, so I thought I'd make sure all's still well with you both.🙂

Avril

Thanks Avril.

Feeling good thanks.

I have just picked my prescription up and we are sitting looking out to sea eating a picnic.

Pauline has a hairdresser's appointment at 4.15 so we will sit for about an hour then I will drop her off at the hairdresser's.

I have a pre-op appointment at the eye infirmary on Monday so might have the vitrectomy just before Xmas or early new year.

Take care of yourself and Frank.

Graham.

16070940929368314901627011755502.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thanks Avril.

Feeling good thanks.

I have just picked my prescription up and we are sitting looking out to sea eating a picnic.

Pauline has a hairdresser's appointment at 4.15 so we will sit for about an hour then I will drop her off at the hairdresser's.

I have a pre-op appointment at the eye infirmary on Monday so might have the vitrectomy just before Xmas or early new year.

Take care of yourself and Frank.

Graham.

16070940929368314901627011755502.jpg

I'm glad it's just that you're keeping busy is the reason for fewer posts.😊 It's looking a bit bleak though your windscreen today Graham, we usually see some sunshine. Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend. Take care.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad it's just that you're keeping busy is the reason for fewer posts.😊 It's looking a bit bleak though your windscreen today Graham, we usually see some sunshine. Enjoy the rest of your day and the weekend. Take care.

Avril

Thanks Avril.

It has been raining all day and just started again.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Stay safe.

Graham.

16070956491153598824973596450089.jpg

16070956885985184630788694678919.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Little Donkey. That was easy kalos😁 Must try harder. 

Avril

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Lidl Donkey ?

I think Zapp's the winner . Say what you see , which is a fully grown Donkey ,

which happens to be a Lidl Donkey not a little one . :classic_wink: :classic_smile:

Nice try Avril and well done Zapp :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

My GP said that although I am not 65, I would be included in the over 65 s because the criteria covers anyone who will be 65 before March 2021.I susequently received a text from NHS to go for flu jab because I am on the shielded list but had already had one.I could phone the GP and ask if I can have the pneumonia jab but will wait until next year as they are probably really busy giving anyone 50 to 64 flu jabs

It does seem to be variable. We get most travel jabs free and get a record booklet. Flu and pneumonia jabs are dished out without asking. This year the nurse said as you are so old now, you qualify for a shingles jab. It was free so I had that. Covid jabs, one of each please.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

:classic_smile:   A Bit Of Festive Fun :classic_unsure:

FB_IMG_1607083889557.jpg.5c8689c87b76914ec00cb7050a20183c.jpg

I demand a stewards enquiry!!! The question was  Name That Tune. The tune is  Little Donkey not Lidl Donkey. 😒

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I demand a stewards enquiry!!! The question was  Name That Tune. The tune is  Little Donkey not Lidl Donkey. 😒

Avril

In the interests of group harmony I withdraw from the contest. 2nd is the highest I have ever achieved, so quite content.

• Haha 2

He was making my ears bleed with his singing and even distracting HGV drivers 

with it  but at a guess he was singing LIDL Donkey as he pointed at the shop sign .

I'm not sure ? What do you think Avril ? :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Thank you Damian, I stand corrected. Unfortunately I hadn't seen that clip, but knowing kalos I really should have expected something like that😁

Avril

I still maginaniminiously pass on the victory.

Avril 1. Zap 0

• Haha 1