P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I like history, even royal history and this thing about titles is quite interesting. People compare the Archie situation with Princess Anne’s children, but the best comparison should surely be Prince Edward and his children. I believe that they’re not prince/princess, and they’re grandchildren to the Sovereign (male line) not great-grandchildren. Edwards and Sophie haven’t made a big fuss have they. 

Had to laugh when my Mother reported on the phone that my Father is quite annoyed that these two are taking up so much room in his daily newspaper and on the news. Here’s a man who probably wouldn’t look twice if the Queen passed him on the street. Nothing against her, just disinterested. 

I’m sure that there have been failings on both ‘sides’, but the hapless couple appear almost unhinged. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

By popular demand picture of new car, Seat Arona, plenty of room for the two of us. 

Excellent deals ATM and I'm not on commission !

thumbnail_IMG_2794.jpg

Nice colour Bob, I looked one of those before settling for a Citroen C3 Aircross.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Yeah but we've now got the ultimate Mr nice guy Ben Shephard.The most exciting thing he's done is support West Ham.

I thought I was sitting down to watch an interview with Harry Maguire... 

Imagine my disappointment.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I thought I was sitting down to watch an interview with Harry Maguire... 

Imagine my disappointment.. 😊

Andy 

Just read that Piers Morgan was told by his bosses to apologise to Meghan and that's why he stormed off set on Tuesday morning and subsequently resigned.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

By popular demand picture of new car, Seat Arona, plenty of room for the two of us. 

thumbnail_IMG_2794.jpg

Very nice and room for all your luggage for the journey to Southampton (if you ever have the need to go there again). I agree, it is a gorgeous colour, I looked at a VW in the same colour a couple of years ago but the rest of the car didn’t really suit our needs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just read that Piers Morgan was told by his bosses to apologise to Meghan and that's why he stormed off set on Tuesday morning and subsequently resigned.

In his own daft, hackneyed terms - snowflake! 

Never watched the ITV breakfast programme, but I have seen the clips of what happened - pathetic.  As is trying to make it look as if you've resigned, when the reality is probably very different.

ITV realises that his sort of poisonous, divisive output is actually damaging the ITV brand as well as society, and Morgan will find another stone to crawl under as quick as a flash.  Even the rumoured successor station, Andrew Neil's GB News, is saying if he signs up he'll have to change his toxic act.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Very nice and room for all your luggage for the journey to Southampton (if you ever have the need to go there again). I agree, it is a gorgeous colour, I looked at a VW in the same colour a couple of years ago but the rest of the car didn’t really suit our needs.

Hoping to go in February, Iona to the Canaries, if that's a no no, it will be curtains for P&O IMO.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm not a Piers Morgan fan at all, but while reading your post I had a thought. If he was told to apologise to Meghan for speaking his mind about that interview, then shouldn't Meghan apologise to the Royal Family as well. After all, they both said what they thought was the truth and it was aired on TV.   Don't our Royals deserve a little consideration and respect too? Especially our lovely Queen who is having a worse time than M&H at the moment. 

Just ruminating🤔

Avril

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

ITV shares fell over 4% today :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not a Piers Morgan fan at all, but while reading your post I had a thought. If he was told to apologise to Meghan for speaking his mind about that interview, then shouldn't Meghan apologise to the Royal Family as well. After all, they both said what they thought was the truth and it was aired on TV.   Don't our Royals deserve a little consideration and respect too? Especially our lovely Queen who is having a worse time than M&H at the moment. 

Just ruminating🤔

Avril

I agree the Queen is lovely.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

In his own daft, hackneyed terms - snowflake! 

Never watched the ITV breakfast programme, but I have seen the clips of what happened - pathetic.  As is trying to make it look as if you've resigned, when the reality is probably very different.

ITV realises that his sort of poisonous, divisive output is actually damaging the ITV brand as well as society, and Morgan will find another stone to crawl under as quick as a flash.  Even the rumoured successor station, Andrew Neil's GB News, is saying if he signs up he'll have to change his toxic act.

Piers has a massive ego but he is not afraid to ask the hard questions to whoever he is interviewing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Piers has a massive ego but he is not afraid to ask the hard questions to whoever he is interviewing.

No problem at all with that, Graham. It's his job. But gratuitous offensiveness just for ratings, his own ego and to create strife is taking things too far. I imagine he just pushed ITV beyond its limits. 40,000+ complaints is going some, and maybe they feared consequences from the regulators.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No problem at all with that, Graham. It's his job. But gratuitous offensiveness just for ratings, his own ego and to create strife is taking things too far. I imagine he just pushed ITV beyond its limits. 40,000+ complaints is going some, and maybe they feared consequences from the regulators.

The Telegraph reported Meghan officially complained to ITV and ITV told Piers to apologise.

It was unwise of him to say what he did.

Screenshot_20210310_192511_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210310_192437_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

thumbnail_IMG_2794.jpg

Snap, although mine is a little older.

Pleased with mine overall. A couple of little niggles that you'll probably discover in due course,  but a good choice. 

25 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Diversity got over 24,000 complaints, and no action was taken. Who decides what is 'too far'? 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Unfortunately, I find him rude and objectionable and stopped watching GMB some time ago because of him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Unfortunately, I find him rude and objectionable and stopped watching GMB some time ago because of him.

To a certain extent I agree,  but at least he did try and get politicians to answer his questions, rather than discombobulate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

To a certain extent I agree,  but at least he did try and get politicians to answer his questions, rather than discombobulate.

With words like that in your vocabulary, I think you should apply for the vacancy.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Snap, although mine is a little older.

Pleased with mine overall. A couple of little niggles that you'll probably discover in due course,  but a good choice. 

How big is the boot on the Aroma wowzz, I wonder if it would take a folded wheelchair, without needing the back seat moving forward.

How is everyone this morning?  I hope that you have all survived the winds and rain overnight.  I have just been to take the recycling out and check for damage.  The only damage is a water feature in the side garden has blown over so David has a job when he gets up, there are no fences damaged or trees down so we seen to have got off lightly this time.

• Like 1