P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

He decided to stop posting after another poster was rude to him 

i know what I would have said to someone being rude to me. Wouldn’t sound very lady like. 

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

When are you going on Iona? I am on the 21st May 2022 cruise and it feels so far away. I'll be scouring YouTube and Instagram once she's started sailing this summer to see what she looks like inside.

I took one of the deals with the 10% discount so got about 18months wait or so. Definitely cannot wait for vlogs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

We've had heavy rain here in Salcombe and thunder!  I forgot what rain was like.

We will get a good reminder this Monday due to the bank holiday and me buying sun products :classic_unsure:

giphydance.gif.92a4885d319e6fdae6d1abb73715cd5a.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You would have laughed seeing us sitting in the beer garden, big parasol covering the table, as we sheltered from the rain!  Thankfully it was only a heavy shower and soon passed over.  Cold though! 🥶 I washed my warm dog-walking coats 4 weeks or so ago, intending to pack them away till next winter ... still wearing them!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

i know what I would have said to someone being rude to me. Wouldn’t sound very lady like. 

You can take the lass out of Rotherham but you can't take Rotherham out of the lass and

woe betide anyone who tries to take the ...  Oh is that the time must dash :classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

We will get a good reminder this Monday due to the bank holiday and me buying sun products :classic_unsure:

giphydance.gif.92a4885d319e6fdae6d1abb73715cd5a.gif

So it's your fault!!  It looks horrendous on Monday - 50mph winds and heavy rain ;-(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Good morning all. Just catching up having been in the Lakes last week and taking delivery of our new housemate from Cats Protection. Meet Oscar just over 4 years old. Very timid due to his previous home but is getting more confident as the week progresses.

Managed to finally book my 2 vaccination as just past 10 weeks since my first. Had to contact my GP and the invite was forced trough the system.

Wow, just checked a balcony cabin on Disney for the exact same dates (20th August) as we’re booked on Virgin Scarlet Lady (£998 total for 2 with $200 per cabin obc including grats). Disney Magic £2082 before gratuity for obstructed view!

40C69A97-460E-445F-B08D-0D24FE6B06E1.jpeg

61FC8778-1C28-4101-8DA2-A7FC1727C254.jpeg

Ohhhhhh he is so beautiful. We are cat people (have 2 indoor rescue cats). One is really timid but has finally decided (aged 12) that she can come and meow at us non stop until we feed her. Taken her long enough to get bosy but would not swap her or her mum for anything. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I took one of the deals with the 10% discount so got about 18months wait or so. Definitely cannot wait for vlogs. 

Sadly we’re all getting lots of practice of waiting for holidays 😏 I’m not the most patient person at the best of times. I don’t want to wish our lives away but hopefully it will come round quickly.

• Like 3

I finally had my hair appointment! My hairdresser is a personal friend so I had the bonus of a 2-3 hour natter too 😊

Avril I hope you feel a bit brighter today, and Graham & Pauline too (I think it was you who said you were having a low day)

Our bank holiday rain has started already 😏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

One more week and a bit to go for my hair cut.  It's down to my shoulders!  Good thing I do my own colour!

I do usually do my own but decided to treat myself this time. It’s been so long since my last haircut that it all took quite a while to “cook”

29 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I do usually do my own but decided to treat myself this time. It’s been so long since my last haircut that it all took quite a while to “cook”

New hairdresser in my small town is charging £45 for cut and blow dry.  Seriously?  My lady, who now works from home charges me £12 for a cut.  I think I'll stay with her!!

Some prices are reasonable and other swanky ”in” salons charge extortionate prices. I know someone who paid £200 for a cut & colour in Leeds. 
I will stay with my mobile hairdresser at £25 for a cut & blow dry.

Michelle 

• Like 2

Just now, Peanut006 said:

Some prices are reasonable and other swanky ”in” salons charge extortionate prices. I know someone who paid £200 for a cut & colour in Leeds. 
I will stay with my mobile hairdresser at £25 for a cut & blow dry.

Michelle 

£200 - OUCH!

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

New hairdresser in my small town is charging £45 for cut and blow dry.  Seriously?  My lady, who now works from home charges me £12 for a cut.  I think I'll stay with her!!

I do get mate's rates. She usually charges me £10 for a cut and today she charged me £42 for full colour and cut, my sister tells me that's a very good price. If we hadn't saved money over the last 12 months I would probably have carried on doing it myself.

Plus a long chat with an old friend = priceless!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Good morning all. Just catching up having been in the Lakes last week and taking delivery of our new housemate from Cats Protection. Meet Oscar just over 4 years old. Very timid due to his previous home but is getting more confident as the week progresses.

Managed to finally book my 2 vaccination as just past 10 weeks since my first. Had to contact my GP and the invite was forced trough the system.

Wow, just checked a balcony cabin on Disney for the exact same dates (20th August) as we’re booked on Virgin Scarlet Lady (£998 total for 2 with $200 per cabin obc including grats). Disney Magic £2082 before gratuity for obstructed view!

40C69A97-460E-445F-B08D-0D24FE6B06E1.jpeg

61FC8778-1C28-4101-8DA2-A7FC1727C254.jpeg

May be an image of cat and text that says 'OPEN YOUR EYES JACK. STOP PRETENDING YOU'RE MY SHADOW!'

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

@Adawn47 I’m sorry I missed your birthday, belated happy birthday. Hope you’re starting to feel your more cheerful self.

Yesterday I had a feeling of doom but I couldn’t understand why. It was cold but sunny and I’d got a lot of things done before my afternoon shift. Then my Dad phoned me half hour into my shift- he was at the hospital with my mum. I say ‘with’ but he wasn’t allowed to go in! 
She had a phone call with her GP who said her oxygen was so low they ought to call 999. Anyway it ended up with them sending her home but saying she’d got to contact her GP to arrange an echo. 

My mum had waited on her own for four and a half hours (and she’s very dodgy on her pins) while my dad sat in the car park all alone waiting! I had a really hard time concentrating on my work as you can imagine. Meanwhile John was over half hour late home because of an accident so went straight to his vaccine appointment instead of coming home first and showering and changing!

What an afternoon! 

Have a good weekend everyone, John is only off tomorrow and we have nothing planned. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Sadly we’re all getting lots of practice of waiting for holidays 😏 I’m not the most patient person at the best of times. I don’t want to wish our lives away but hopefully it will come round quickly.

I know what you mean! I love planning cruises and outings but as I’ve moved this years to June 2022 I’ve already got one booked ! can’t wait to see Iona when the videos etc come out, might book her for 2023.

Our son gave us a Prezzo voucher and I want to book the one at Broadstairs with it. I was trying online yesterday but every date I tried was booked up! So frustrating!  Other Prezzo’s were free  but wanted that one as it has a conservatory so it’s like being indoors but still with the view.

Then I tried looking for my Lake District holiday but many of those can’t be booked online  and I don’t know the restaurants. I hate all this booking in advance for everything!  I want to just turn up somewhere.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 4