P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning all. Just a bit of info if anyone needs to fly to Southampton in light of the demise of Flybe.

I was researching for flights from Manchester and found Loganair were now operating the route. However, the flights are operated by Blue Islands.

Now, many may have heard of Loganair over Blue Islands and would be tempted to book with them. However, booking direct with Blue Islands not only saved us £50, but the baggage allowance with Blue Islands is greater than with Loganair (even though you are on a Blue Islands aircraft). Blue Islands cheapest fare gives 23kgs checked baggage and 10kgs cabin baggage. Loganair only gives 15kgs checked baggage and 6kgs cabin baggage.

Oh, and Oscar now has a new safe place during the day in the main bathroom, until around 9:30 pm when he comes downstairs and roams around the place, disrupting any peace and quiet. There'll be none of that tonight thank you whilst Line of Duty is on!

78C78016-BD1C-4FE4-A6A4-7404A326A6D8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice and sunny down here again, but still a bit breezy. Will make the most of it today with the weather we're forecast from tomorrow.

Glad to hear that there have been no bad reactions for those of you that have had your second jabs😀

Also glad to hear you are feeling more cheerful Avril.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the day.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Oh, and Oscar now has a new safe place during the day in the main bathroom, until around 9:30 pm when he comes downstairs and roams around the place, disrupting any peace and quiet. There'll be none of that tonight thank you whilst Line of Duty is on!

Don't you just love how Oscar can quickly get his paws under the table and begin making new rules for his pet humans to abide by. We are easily trained creatures aren't we?

Avril

• Like 6

I really feel out of it by not being a Line of Duty fan

I think the earlier series were pre-Covid, when our TV watching, other than sport, was minimal?  We watched episode 1 of series 1 prior to this (?final) series, hoping to catch up and feel included in current discussion etc, but I’m afraid it didn’t appeal to me, despite the always wonderful Gina McKee. The OH quite liked it but I’m afraid he didn’t get a vote 🙄

It’s a pretty dull day here, weather wise and every other way.  We’ve had a decent walk and are enjoying G&Ts before roast lunch.  Tomorrow and into Tuesday look like being dramatic, with amber weather warnings for high wind.  Batten down the hatches!

Glad you’ve turned the corner Avril.
 Peter - that cat is too gorgeous!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We still have 3 episode of viewpoint to watch, and they expire tonight. Is it worth bothering?

Personally, I wouldn't bother  - the plot has so many holes that it become laughable!

Well if you want to watch the last episode, you need to get it off ITV Hub as after tonight it will disappear.  

To each their own, we started to watch Line of Duty and didn't enjoy it at all, so didn't bother.

58 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Glad you’ve turned the corner Avril.

Thank you Eddie. I thought I needed a kick up the bum, turns out the only thing I needed was a shot in the arm😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Good morning all. Just a bit of info if anyone needs to fly to Southampton in light of the demise of Flybe.

I was researching for flights from Manchester and found Loganair were now operating the route. However, the flights are operated by Blue Islands.

Now, many may have heard of Loganair over Blue Islands and would be tempted to book with them. However, booking direct with Blue Islands not only saved us £50, but the baggage allowance with Blue Islands is greater than with Loganair (even though you are on a Blue Islands aircraft). Blue Islands cheapest fare gives 23kgs checked baggage and 10kgs cabin baggage. Loganair only gives 15kgs checked baggage and 6kgs cabin baggage.

Thanks.

Loganair were offering direct flight's from Newcastle to Jersey with a flight time of 8 hours!!! so they must stop at Southampton first.

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

To each their own, we started to watch Line of Duty and didn't enjoy it at all, so didn't bother.

I haven't watched either of them, but we all watch in different ways, so to speak. Some like to just be entertained without going into the accuracy of it all.  I just watch and enjoy. Dad used to spoil many a programme I watched by pointing out any errors. His favourites were to count the number of shots being fired from a gun to see if it was accurate,  or whether it was possible to turn a corner in a car at the speed they were supposed to be travelling.🙄

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't you just love how Oscar can quickly get his paws under the table and begin making new rules for his pet humans to abide by. We are easily trained creatures aren't we?

Avril

Screenshot_20210502_144858.jpg

• Like 5

Well thought about Pete today as we walked around our local park....

Mr and Mrs Moorhen are in the process of building a beautiful nest in the middle of the smaller park lake. Mr Moorhen was fetching sticks to deliver to his Mrs and she was sitting on the nest supervising. It was beautiful to watch. ( I got soppy and collected some sticks for them and threw them in to the water to help our and Mr Moorhen was happy to use them).

I can now see a stressful Spring ahead as I fret about the family and count the chicks each visit .... and hope that Harry stays away as the nest is very exposed. To be honest it isn't the heron that worries me but some of the 2 legged idiots who use the park ....

I suppose Mr and Mrs Moorhen know what they are doing ....... 

😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We still have 3 episode of viewpoint to watch, and they expire tonight. Is it worth bothering?

To be honest, I wish we hadn't bothered. No spoiler but after watching the last episode on ITV hub I thought what was that all about ?

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just booked a mid week break in a Norfolk country pub for the end of June. Amazing how much cheaper it is if you stay 20 miles inland!

Just booked 2 weeks on Iona at the begining of October 2022. Didn't get the option of 20 miles from the sea, so not cheap 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, zap99 said:

To be honest, I wish we hadn't bothered. No spoiler but after watching the last episode on ITV hub I thought what was that all about ?

My thoughts exactly - 5 hours of my life wasted.

• Like 1

Ten minutes to go folks. Are we all ready with:

1) Alcohol if needed - it will be.

2) Chocolates if needed - they will be.

3) Fags for those who smoke - no comment

4) A brown paper bag for those who hyperventilate under stress - just me then.

Happy viewing. Jane.x

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Happy viewing. Jane.x

I hope it exceeds your expectations Jane.

We are watching 

A Place in the Sun on HGTV.

We have been watching Theresa Caputo.

Long Island Medium.

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well thought about Pete today as we walked around our local park....

Mr and Mrs Moorhen are in the process of building a beautiful nest in the middle of the smaller park lake. Mr Moorhen was fetching sticks to deliver to his Mrs and she was sitting on the nest supervising. It was beautiful to watch. ( I got soppy and collected some sticks for them and threw them in to the water to help our and Mr Moorhen was happy to use them).

I can now see a stressful Spring ahead as I fret about the family and count the chicks each visit .... and hope that Harry stays away as the nest is very exposed. To be honest it isn't the heron that worries me but some of the 2 legged idiots who use the park ....

I suppose Mr and Mrs Moorhen know what they are doing ....... 

😉

We can only hope they will be fine in the park and everywhere else but nature does have a habit of regulating itself. The two legged idiots you refer to are not a part of that though. 

Another nice weekend on the Welsh coast. Some heavy rain and hail showers this afternoon and this evening and tomorrow is forecast to be terrible. An early return to sunny Stoke is on the cards. 

• Like 1

Good morning hope everyone is ok this bank holiday morning and all you

Line Of Duty fans are feeling a little more enlightened today . All you keen 

gardeners can put your hosepipes away as the rain is on the way and plenty

of it, so maybe you can go shopping instead :classic_unsure: I'm glad the shopping is getting

back to near normal.  I was walking by a 2nd hand furniture shop and they had one

of those garden swingy things Avril had bought recently. The guy who owned the

shop was keen to sell it ,he said to me " this is a very good buy as it can seat three

people without any problems.” I said, “Where the hell am I going to find three people

without any problems ?” :classic_wacko: I hate going food shopping though ,the last time I went

shopping Mrs Kalos made me a shopping list and just as I was leaving the house

she said " Oh I nearly forgot , can you put brown sauce on the list for me please ? "

By the time I got to Tesco I couldn't read it ! :classic_ohmy: If your out and about today take 

your brolly if you have one as later this evening you will need it . Take care everyone:classic_love:

• Like 11

Good morning to you Kalos your up bright and early today, meals on wheels day for me today and then hopefully a little trip out to a garden centre that sells all sorts, I think our rain is due around 1 or 2 o’clock . You have  a nice day too.

• Like 2

Morning everyone.

Currently 3°C and sunny here.

Rain is forecast around midday.

We have no plans for today so a lazy day in do a little housework then watch TV.

Take care anyone venturing out today.

Graham.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Happy viewing. Jane.x

I'm a bit behind with these crime mysteries.Anyone know who the one armed man was?

• Haha 2