P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

@Adawn47 I’m sorry I missed your birthday, belated happy birthday. Hope you’re starting to feel your more cheerful self.

Yesterday I had a feeling of doom but I couldn’t understand why. It was cold but sunny and I’d got a lot of things done before my afternoon shift. Then my Dad phoned me half hour into my shift- he was at the hospital with my mum. I say ‘with’ but he wasn’t allowed to go in! 
She had a phone call with her GP who said her oxygen was so low they ought to call 999. Anyway it ended up with them sending her home but saying she’d got to contact her GP to arrange an echo. 

My mum had waited on her own for four and a half hours (and she’s very dodgy on her pins) while my dad sat in the car park all alone waiting! I had a really hard time concentrating on my work as you can imagine. Meanwhile John was over half hour late home because of an accident so went straight to his vaccine appointment instead of coming home first and showering and changing!

What an afternoon! 

Have a good weekend everyone, John is only off tomorrow and we have nothing planned. 

Sue, this is so sad, it must have been awful for both your mum to be waiting alone and for your dad not being allowed to go in with her.  Hopefully things will start to change soon. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sue, this is so sad, it must have been awful for both your mum to be waiting alone and for your dad not being allowed to go in with her.  Hopefully things will start to change soon. 

Thank you Josy. I was going to phone a manager and let her know but I emailed her cos I knew my voice would wobble! My husband thought my Dad might as well waited at home ( they’re only 5 minutes by car away) but he’d never leave her. 

27 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

@Adawn47 I’m sorry I missed your birthday, belated happy birthday. Hope you’re starting to feel your more cheerful self.

Yesterday I had a feeling of doom but I couldn’t understand why. It was cold but sunny and I’d got a lot of things done before my afternoon shift. Then my Dad phoned me half hour into my shift- he was at the hospital with my mum. I say ‘with’ but he wasn’t allowed to go in! 
She had a phone call with her GP who said her oxygen was so low they ought to call 999. Anyway it ended up with them sending her home but saying she’d got to contact her GP to arrange an echo. 

My mum had waited on her own for four and a half hours (and she’s very dodgy on her pins) while my dad sat in the car park all alone waiting! I had a really hard time concentrating on my work as you can imagine. Meanwhile John was over half hour late home because of an accident so went straight to his vaccine appointment instead of coming home first and showering and changing!

What an afternoon! 

Have a good weekend everyone, John is only off tomorrow and we have nothing planned. 

Sending you  best wishes and hope your mam is soon a lot better.

Graham.

• Like 4

Just now, P&O SUE said:

Thank you Josy. I was going to phone a manager and let her know but I emailed her cos I knew my voice would wobble! My husband thought my Dad might as well waited at home ( they’re only 5 minutes by car away) but he’d never leave her. 

I hope your mum makes a quick recovery Sue, Not a nice situation to be in when your family

cannot go in the hospital with your mum, which leads to anxiety due to the fear of not knowing.

The good news is your mum is back home and our wonderful NHS will sort mum out for you.

Stay safe :classic_smile: 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you  best wishes and hope your mam is soon a lot better.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, the strange thing is she felt ‘normal’ for her .

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope your mum makes a quick recovery Sue, Not a nice situation to be in when your family

cannot go in the hospital with your mum, which leads to anxiety due to the fear of not knowing.

The good news is your mum is back home and our wonderful NHS will sort mum out for you.

Stay safe :classic_smile: 

Yes the anxiety of not knowing was the worse. I didn’t want to phone my dad to see what was going on as he was waiting for a call from them! 

• Like 2

It is currently -1°C but sunny with an expected high of 9°C later.

Nothing planned for today so we might just make some salmon sandwiches and drive to the beach and possibly have a short walk as well.

Good luck with your vaccine jabs today Avril.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 4

If anyone's wondering where my morning post is this morning , my brain malfunctioned

and in error I have  posted it in the vaccine thread ...  Sorry guys .

Here it is ... 

Good morning folks on this merry old month of May and a bank holiday where tradition 

has it that some of us will get the sudden urge to go find a bank holiday traffic jam and

sit in it for hours on end. I know they are popular as people spend hours queuing  up to

join them:classic_unsure: . Some of us will keep out of the way surfing the internet looking at holidays

and wondering where they can go when the airports get up and running. Where will they

go and where will they land ? I have read in the news they will still use airports .

imagesplane.jpg.d0845c45a4f25d6f980b03915b45bddd.jpg         

I just hope people who are planning holidays check out the seating plans on aircraft before

they book their holiday. I find it better to pre book my seat as this saves any confusion once 

onboard the aircraft ..

images2seats.jpg.1628c83202fff020ffcf3de9608dca21.jpg

It goes without saying ( Why do people say that just before they say it :classic_wacko:) make sure you

take out a good travel insurance that covers you for most mishaps whilst your away ....

imagescactus.jpg.69a28c5a815dd5225babc3792649e491.jpg  :classic_ohmy::classic_ohmy::classic_blush:

Yep good insurance is a must , once on a camping trip I woke up to find our tent had

blown away .I had no cover :classic_sad:

Try to stay alert when crossing roads for oncoming traffic as they may not stop :classic_ohmy:

FB_IMG_1612209551887.jpg.e0b6b27b7a178236e7a638d543bb7af9.jpg

741310809_imagesweekend.png.9dce9a3f967888db533cc47ea66c3ffd.pngand you all stay safe whatever your doing .:classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

What an afternoon! 

Oh Sue, I’m so sorry to read about your mum. That must have been so worrying for you all, especially not being able to be with her and for your poor dad waiting in the car.

Glad that she’s home now. I hope you can relax over the weekend.

• Like 3

What an afternoon! 

Sorry to hear this Sue. Unfortunately a lot of time is being wasted by hospitals sending patients back to their GPs to arrange follow ups. We are finding this all the time with our local hospital - which is a huge teaching hospital, and where patients will end up again, but after several weeks delay. It's so stressful for the patients. I do hope your mum gets a quick appointment. Your poor dad must have been worried sick waiting all that time on his own. Fingers crossed for a good outcome. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

What an afternoon! 

Hope your mum is feeling better soon. It’s never a pleasant experience having to go to A & E.

My mother in law fell out walking the dog a few weeks ago and couldn’t get up, a passer by helped her and walked her home but her glasses had dug in her skin above her eye. A trip to Hosp followed with a 5 hour wait for stitches all by herself. She is 79 and not as confident as she used to be but she said they were all fantastic at the Hosp and looked after her brilliantly.
Thank you our brilliant NHS for everything you do

Michelle

• Like 5

I know what you mean! I love planning cruises and outings but as I’ve moved this years to June 2022 I’ve already got one booked ! can’t wait to see Iona when the videos etc come out, might book her for 2023.

Our son gave us a Prezzo voucher and I want to book the one at Broadstairs with it. I was trying online yesterday but every date I tried was booked up! So frustrating!  Other Prezzo’s were free  but wanted that one as it has a conservatory so it’s like being indoors but still with the view.

Then I tried looking for my Lake District holiday but many of those can’t be booked online  and I don’t know the restaurants. I hate all this booking in advance for everything!  I want to just turn up somewhere.

Ooh that Prezzo sounds nice, I’ve not been there. There’s a nice one in Kensington that we’ve been to but that’s not a lot of good for you 🥴
7 weeks until we go to the Isle of Wight & it’s so strange knowing we’ll have to plan our days and book day trips before going.

• Like 2

Sue - I hope today is a much much better one for you and your family

Avril - I hope your chirp is returning

kalos - twice is better than none, so I’m happy to get your morning greeting twice

Andy/Michelle - hope you’re fully vaxxed and feeling well

A lazy weekend here.  Sunshine but cool at the moment.  I think we’ll just grab good weather when it appears as the forecasts are very dramatic.  Let’s hope they’re exaggerating, as usual

Have a good, peaceful, Saturday everyone

• Like 9

What an afternoon! 

And I thought I was having a bad week!! I hope your Mum's ok Sue, didn't she recently have her covid jab? We go for our 2nd one in a couple of hours, so hopefully things will begin to feel a bit brighter then. I think all I really need though is an almighty kick up the backside.😏

Have a nice relaxing weekend Sue.

Avril

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, kalos said:

If anyone's wondering where my morning post is this morning , my brain malfunctioned

Here it is ... 

Good morning folks on this merry old month of May and a bank holiday where tradition 

has it that some of us will get the sudden urge to go find a bank holiday traffic jam and

sit in it for hours on end. I know they are popular as people spend hours queuing  up to

join them:classic_unsure: . Some of us will keep out of the way surfing the internet looking at holidays

and wondering where they can go when the airports get up and running. Where will they

go and where will they land ? I have read in the news they will still use airports .

I just hope people who are planning holidays check out the seating plans on aircraft before

they book their holiday. I find it better to pre book my seat as this saves any confusion once 

onboard the aircraft ..

It goes without saying ( Why do people say that just before they say it :classic_wacko:) make sure you

take out a good travel insurance that covers you for most mishaps whilst your away ....

imagescactus.jpg.69a28c5a815dd5225babc3792649e491.jpg  :classic_ohmy::classic_ohmy::classic_blush:

Yep good insurance is a must , once on a camping trip I woke up to find our tent had

Try to stay alert when crossing roads for oncoming traffic as they may not stop :classic_ohmy:

741310809_imagesweekend.png.9dce9a3f967888db533cc47ea66c3ffd.pngand you all stay safe whatever your doing .:classic_love:

Thanks Kalos - for another great and laugh out loud post. I don't know from where you get your wit and spot-on observations but it's a gift. You keep us entertained on a daily basis and we all wait with anticipation for our daily pick-me-up. So here's a question for you -  how are you? How did the scan go yesterday and how long till you get the feedback? Are you well enough to take any breaks this year? I know you said your cruising days are over but something in this country? So many question and all the time in the world to hear your answers. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Here it is ... 

onboard the aircraft ..

The upside to your malfunctioning brain Kalos, is that the posters who never read this thread, only the more 'intellectual' threads, will have had a really good laugh this morning. 😁

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

And I thought I was having a bad week!! I hope your Mum's ok Sue, didn't she recently have her covid jab? We go for our 2nd one in a couple of hours, so hopefully things will begin to feel a bit brighter then. I think all I really need though is an almighty kick up the backside.😏

Avril

I hope it goes ok for both of  you with your second jabs. Getting your second jab may help to lift you a bit because most people are saying that they feel like there is a chance that we may get a bit closer to what we think of as a "normal" life.

Take care.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Ooh that Prezzo sounds nice, I’ve not been there. There’s a nice one in Kensington that we’ve been to but that’s not a lot of good for you 🥴
7 weeks until we go to the Isle of Wight & it’s so strange knowing we’ll have to plan our days and book day trips before going.

3 weeks today and we will be in Cornwall. We won't book any restaurants yet, just in case. We have a new Gordon Ramsey street burger in town and tried it yesterday. Eating at Street burger and eating next to the street is apt.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

What an afternoon! 

I hope your Mum is feeling much better Sue, and that you have all recovered from the stress of it all......

Have a relaxing weekend.

Gill x

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Just returned from having our 2nd jabs, less than 1 hour from leaving home to back having a coffee, brilliant.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Kalos - for another great and laugh out loud post. I don't know from where you get your wit and spot-on observations but it's a gift. You keep us entertained on a daily basis and we all wait with anticipation for our daily pick-me-up. So here's a question for you -  how are you? How did the scan go yesterday and how long till you get the feedback? Are you well enough to take any breaks this year? I know you said your cruising days are over but something in this country? So many question and all the time in the world to hear your answers. Best wishes. Jane.x

Thanks for asking and for a heart failure patient  I seem to be doing fine. The scan they 

did yesterday was an Abdominal aortic scan which came back that I had one and it was

working ok  and they will not need to see it again , so something's working working on me 

as it should be :classic_smile: I had a little play at gardening just ten minutes but the body say's  no !

My  BP  went up to  149/89 with HB of 75 and my hands shaking like a good un :classic_ohmy:

Ten minutes later things were back in the land of normality ,I just have to be careful  and 

remember to take care and be aware of my condition .  Once Mrs Kalos has  got her final 

vaccine we look forward to seeing more of the family once again . This year we hope to 

continue where we left off in September 2019 before my illness . We had just stripped the

living room and had a new floor including joists, will be nice to see this project completed .

I'm not sure if we will get away this year but we do like the north east coast not far from 

where Graham lives, walk over the road from the hotel and you are on the beach . As for the

cruisers , I just keep telling myself "one day " ... There are people out there in a lot worse

situations than me , so it's onwards and upwards and keep smiling . :classic_smile: 

Enough about me ,I hope you are enjoying your well deserved break this week from jabbing 

you take care :classic_love:

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I think all I really need though is an almighty kick up the backside.😏

Hope you and Frank feel better once your jab is completed  and you are feeling better :classic_smile:

Just for you Avril  use as needed :classic_love:  kick.gif.02d96bd0ec3dcb8d816a1f259aff1013.gifTake care :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry to hear about your Mum Sue, how worrying for you. Good though to hear she is at home, and wish her a speedy recovery. 

Avril - Good luck to you and Frank for your second jabs, hope all goes well.

Sunny again down here but as what has become the norm nothing planned.  

Everyone take care, stay safe and enjoy your weekend.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks for asking and for a heart failure patient  I seem to be doing fine. The scan they 

did yesterday was an Abdominal aortic scan which came back that I had one and it was

working ok  and they will not need to see it again , so something's working working on me 

as it should be :classic_smile: I had a little play at gardening just ten minutes but the body say's  no !

My  BP  went up to  149/89 with HB of 75 and my hands shaking like a good un :classic_ohmy:

Ten minutes later things were back in the land of normality ,I just have to be careful  and 

remember to take care and be aware of my condition .  Once Mrs Kalos has  got her final 

vaccine we look forward to seeing more of the family once again . This year we hope to 

continue where we left off in September 2019 before my illness . We had just stripped the

living room and had a new floor including joists, will be nice to see this project completed .

I'm not sure if we will get away this year but we do like the north east coast not far from 

where Graham lives, walk over the road from the hotel and you are on the beach . As for the

cruisers , I just keep telling myself "one day " ... There are people out there in a lot worse

situations than me , so it's onwards and upwards and keep smiling . :classic_smile: 

Enough about me ,I hope you are enjoying your well deserved break this week from jabbing 

you take care :classic_love:

Pleased to hear your scan was good yesterday Kalos.

Your gardening experience was a bit worrying but thankfully it settled quickly.

Hopefully you are okay to pop up here during the summer and it would be brilliant and we would be delighted to see you both.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Just returned from having our 2nd jabs, less than 1 hour from leaving home to back having a coffee, brilliant.

Great news Eric.

🤞 hopefully you have no side effects.

Graham.