P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, indiana123 said:

My  youngest daughter and all of her inlaw's family take the mickey out of us because I put a couple of spoons of baked beans in shepherds pie.  They all think it's an awful thing to do.  I think lots do it.

It all came out while chatting during Zoom quizzes.  It has caused a lot of laughter so that's fine.

My Mum always put a small tin of baked beans in her homemade shepherds/ cottage pie. Yum. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

It's absolutely piddling down here in the south east, it rained so heavy in the night it woke me up!

We haven't had any sign of rain yet and OH keeps hoping for so.e because the garden is so dry and the water butts are both get low. 🙏

• Like 2

I am amazed how many people eat baked beans, to me they are the devil's invention.  I never buy them so OH only has them if we are eating out. 

I remember being taken on a school trip to a Heinz factory somewhere near to Wigan.  I clearly remember seeing some conveyor belts covered with white beans and there were workers sitting along the sides of them picking out imperfect beans.  To this day I am convinced that it was an attempt by the school to show us how tedious some jobs could be in the hope that we would take it on board and work toward getting good qualifications to ensure interesting future careers.

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Taking this to extremes…………Christmas Pudding with baked beans, anyone? 😇

Not for me "H" :classic_unsure: Little fact.... Baked beans have never been baked they are stewed :classic_ohmy:

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

My  youngest daughter and all of her inlaw's family take the mickey out of us because I put a couple of spoons of baked beans in shepherds pie.  They all think it's an awful thing to do.  I think lots do it.

It all came out while chatting during Zoom quizzes.  It has caused a lot of laughter so that's fine.

+1 the perfect combo.

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Also kept the crows nesting in a tree at the back of our garden awake.  Noisy things.

Pretty soggy in Canvey right now.BIL neighbour is pumping water out of his garden.

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Also kept the crows nesting in a tree at the back of our garden awake.  Noisy things.

It's the Magpies (the birds, not the football team😁) that wake me up every morning at 4.30am.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

It's the Magpies (the birds, not the football team😁) that wake me up every morning at 4.30am.

Avril

The Magpies are spending a lot of time in our garden this week hunting for the fledged Blackbirds, the poor adult Blackbirds are constantly giving out their warning call and mobbing the Magpies. 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Xmas Pudding is usually only available at Xmas time in our shops but personally if it was available I would eat Xmas Pudding mixed with custard any time.

Xmas pud has a long shelf life though Graham. Stock up for the year when it's available😉

Avril

• Like 2

Just now, Splice the mainbrace said:

The Magpies are spending a lot of time in our garden this week hunting for the fledged Blackbirds, the poor adult Blackbirds are constantly giving out their warning call and mobbing the Magpies. 

I think the Magpies are nesting in our trees, because the racket is the Magpies attacking and screeching at a cat that sits on the shed hoping for a snack.

Avril

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

I do that too. I also put some in my homemade vegetable soups and the beef stew as well.

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

My Mum always put a small tin of baked beans in her homemade shepherds/ cottage pie. Yum. 

I add a couple of big "dollops" ( cordon bleu description) of Branston Pickle  to our cottage pie whilst cooking it in the slow cooker

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Xmas pud has a long shelf life though Graham. Stock up for the year when it's available😉

Avril

We take a few out to Italy for our neighbours but the decent ones do have a shorter sell by date,bro.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Soaking here..

I think I am near SarahH.  Not stopped for 20 hours.  Gigantic puddle on our corner.

I don't mind rain or grey days so I'm happy.  OH has got his moaning face on though!🤓🤣

Dreadful weather here in West Sussex too. Constant rain since 5pm yesterday. Roads flooded and local garden centre has closed due to flooding. 

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Taking this to extremes…………Christmas Pudding with baked beans, anyone? 😇

Beans with your main and Xmas Pudding desert.

TBH once it is actually in your stomach it is all mixed up together anyway.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The M&S best ones are always in short supply at our M&S stores and sell out quickly.

This year I will stock up if I can.

According to The Times today, thousands of VIPs will be allowed into England with no need to quarantine under plans to stop the final of the European Championship being moved from Wembley to Budapest.

Ministers are apparently discussing a proposal which would exempt Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, sponsors and broadcasters from having to self-isolate on arrival despite concerns that this could lead to an increase in coronavirus infections and provoke a backlash from the public.

Wonderful!  Yet another boost to the Delta strain. Where do they get these people from?

• Like 3

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

According to The Times today, thousands of VIPs will be allowed into England with no need to quarantine under plans to stop the final of the European Championship being moved from Wembley to Budapest.

Ministers are apparently discussing a proposal which would exempt Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, sponsors and broadcasters from having to self-isolate on arrival despite concerns that this could lead to an increase in coronavirus infections and provoke a backlash from the public.

Wonderful!  Yet another boost to the Delta strain. Where do they get these people from?

If Boris allows this to happen, there will be, hopefully, a massive outcry.

Much as I think the current travel rules are wrong,  I do believe they should be obeyed. To suddenly allow 2500 visitors into the UK, in total contravention of the rules that apply to English citizens,  is totally indefensible.  

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

What is it about football that the politicians seem to bend over backwards to accommodate them?

There will indeed be a backlash if this happens.

Our lot up here won’t let in ships with 1000 vaccinated passengers or parents attend sports days but will let 6000 gather to watch matches while drinking, chanting and generally messing about. It all defies any sort of logic.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If Boris allows this to happen, there will be, hopefully, a massive outcry.

Much as I think the current travel rules are wrong,  I do believe they should be obeyed. To suddenly allow 2500 visitors into the UK, in total contravention of the rules that apply to English citizens,  is totally indefensible.  

Not to mention the glorified photo opportunity that was the G7 summit last week that flooded Cornwall with hundreds of politicians and officials from all over the globe and the thousands of media, security, catering  etc staff that were on hand.
‘Do as we say, not as we do’ springs to mind.

• Like 8