P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning kalos, morning all

It’s damp here, still, but the rain is stopping.  We have a dull, cool, dry day to look forward to

No news, good, bad or indifferent from me, so I look forward to hearing others’ tales of trips, pets and health

Have a good day, whatever you are doing

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

"it's not much to look at really but it fits the bill ":classic_smile:

Good morning Kalos. So it's official, you've finally gone quackers😁

Not too bad a morning at the moment, a bit cool, but dry for once. I hope it's much better for those having a holiday. Our youngest grandson 24, is getting excited now, his first jab is due on Thursday. That's a good thing I know, but it's sad to think it's the  best thing he's had to look forward to over the last 18 months. 

The sun's begining to break through now, so I suppose I'd better put the washing out instead of chatting on here. Oh what an exciting life I lead🥳

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you're up to . Stay safe and take care, we're nearly there😉

Avril

• Like 7

Morning everyone, it’s a lovely day here, blue sky and sun so all is good, it’s even warm enough to wear a dress compared to yesterday when it felt chilly. 

Picking my mum up soon then going into St Annes for coffee and a wander. Dog walking at lunchtime then gym and then hopefully sitting out in the garden for a couple of hours.

Have a good day everyone whatever you’re doing, as Avril says stay safe and take care we’re nearly there 

Michelle

• Like 6

Good morning all , I had a brilliant day yesterday at chessington adventure park , everyone was safely distancing and wearing mask , I went through a whole bottle of hand gel , even though they supplied it when you got on and off rides , it rained best part of the day but not hard , grandchildren went on all the scary rides , probably my last time il be doing them because some of them gave me a instant headache, Avril you just reminded me to hang my washing out but I’ve got a colour on my head 😁 so I’ve asked the other half to do it , I’m still keeping to my routine of appointments of having my nails done etc , as if I was still going on my cruise 😡 to help the beauty salon out but at least I am going to London on Monday and hopefully wear a new dress my husband brought me last week to wear in Tom Kerridge’s restaurant.

Have a good safe day everyone and hopefully Zap and SarahHben are having a nice holiday too.

• Like 10

Started out as sunny day, well at 6.30am this morning it was, now cloud building up and has got a little breezier from the North, just about to go out for brunch, typical, where we are going is primarily outside.

Ordered security cameras via Prime Day yesterday  a £100 saving, glad I didn’t buy them last month, will be a job for me later this week. 

Heard from a former work colleague that his son, a doctor in a hospital has been diagnosed with Covid, he has gone through three waves, worked all hours in ICU, is double vaccinated and now catches it. Currently at home with a fever and high temperature, hoping that is all he gets. Vaccination is no guarantee you won’t get it, so be careful out there. 

• Like 9

Well that another cruise cancelled today Arcadia to Canada in September they certainly took their time about it so now I’m waiting for my December 12 th to Norway to be cancelled a few people getting their October cruises cancelled on Aurora and Arcadia at the moment so I’ve lost count on my cruises cancelled on about 9/10 now all with P&O I’m losing faith with them especially after Britannia one , I have a further 5 booked with them and one with Regent and one with princess and a few with celebrity, I’m afraid I have more confidence in them ones and not with P&O at the moment 

49 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well that another cruise cancelled today Arcadia to Canada in September they certainly took their time about it so now I’m waiting for my December 12 th to Norway to be cancelled a few people getting their October cruises cancelled on Aurora and Arcadia at the moment so I’ve lost count on my cruises cancelled on about 9/10 now all with P&O I’m losing faith with them especially after Britannia one , I have a further 5 booked with them and one with Regent and one with princess and a few with celebrity, I’m afraid I have more confidence in them ones and not with P&O at the moment 

Sorry to hear all these cruises of yours are being cancelled Sandra.

• Like 1

Sorry to read that a lot of you guy's on here are still getting cancelations , not good .:classic_mellow:

I like to keep a lookout on the aircraft radars and looking at Manchester Airport they 

are running very little in the way of holiday jets and seem to spend time just using 

one runway at any given time . In normal times they would be lining up on both runways

to take off and land aircraft . A sorry state all round when it comes to holidays by air or 

by sea . Lets hope it gets better sooner than later .Fingers crossed for you all .:classic_smile:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My son had his first jab this afternoon. They kindly put on a swab, only problem was it was below where the puncture site is!! Should have gone to specsavers 🤣

4f6a4ed5-e928-47a4-93ad-8c1803279e10.JPG

Maybe they thought is was a freckle😁

Avril

• Like 1

Feeling at a loose end, I've just been scanning through some threads I've not read for a while, and it suddenly came to me. Where is Mercury??? I've not seen any posts from him for quite awhile now. I hope things are alright with Mrs Mercury. Has anyone seen his posts on another forum?

Avril

• Like 2

Yep just had the second email about my Arcadia cruise now cancelled in December, pretty slow on the emails today , so just cheered myself up and booked a back to back on Iona next February to try and use some off this fcc up .

• Like 4

On 6/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, SarahHben said:

We’re sitting in rainy Southampton waiting for our ferry but have just been to see Britannia 😊 too wet to get my big camera out though 

Sailed over from Hamble to Cowes yesterday. Chucking rain allthe way, then a short hours or say race.  Could barely see Calshot Spit through the  mist. Better today but not really June weather.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Sailed over from Hamble to Cowes yesterday. Chucking rain allthe way, then a short hours or say race.  Could barely see Calshot Spit through the  mist. Better today but not really June weather.

It has been warmer today & we even saw some blue sky. I’m starting to feel a bit again chilly now.

• Like 3

We had a lovely time at Osborne House today, so glad we went, well worth a visit.
Came back to the holiday home and spent some time in the hot tub, there are so many health & safety rules for using it and I think I’ve broken quite a few of them 🥴

2A4A82BD-FAC8-4A11-A8E6-3FC107EE09E3.jpeg

• Like 14

52 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

We had a lovely time at Osborne House today, so glad we went, well worth a visit.
Came back to the holiday home and spent some time in the hot tub, there are so many health & safety rules for using it and I think I’ve broken quite a few of them 🥴

Ohhh hot tub music to my ears enjoy it but have bubbles with bubbles and enjoy more 😉.

Grandchildren been to Osborne house for school trips now I know what it looks like , beautiful 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Feeling at a loose end, I've just been scanning through some threads I've not read for a while, and it suddenly came to me. Where is Mercury??? I've not seen any posts from him for quite awhile now. I hope things are alright with Mrs Mercury. Has anyone seen his posts on another forum?

Avril

Good shout Avril... 

I hope they are both OK. 

Mercury really struggled early in the first lockdown but then seemed to pick up, quite humbled by the local support they got. 

Lets just hope he has just stepped away a bit, many of us need to do that every now and again... 

Andy 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Yep just had the second email about my Arcadia cruise now cancelled in December, pretty slow on the emails today , so just cheered myself up and booked a back to back on Iona next February to try and use some off this fcc up .

Hi I’ve just rebooked Iona on 5th March next year using my fcc from my bumped off cruise in July omg will we ever learn👍🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Good shout Avril... 

I hope they are both OK. 

Mercury really struggled early in the first lockdown but then seemed to pick up, quite humbled by the local support they got. 

Lets just hope he has just stepped away a bit, many of us need to do that every now and again... 

Andy 

You and I have both felt the need to step away, as have others on this forum, but he has just stopped posting. We can only hope he's still reading the posts and just pops in to put our mind at rest. I know he worried a lot about his wife's health during this pandemic so I hope all's still well with them both.

Avril

• Like 9

4 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Hot tub!!!  Shower & toilet block + sharing a boat with 5 hairy **rsed middle aged bofs on my visit. Great fun though. Lovely photo.

• Haha 1

Big night next Tuesday.  France , Germany or Portugal. 

Hoping it's Portugal,  anything other than penalties against the Germans.

We will be having a short break in Norfolk at the time  - I will need to ply the DW with numerous pre dinner gins in order to watch the match!

Good to see Wales getting through as well. 

• Like 4

Good morning hope everyone's ok on this nice bright sunny morning, well it is here :classic_smile: 

I think it's going to be a day doing next to nothing today(nothing new there )

Maybe repair the hedge trimmer cable that I managed to damage, all those years without 

damage but you would never know when I have done with fixing them .:classic_smile:

Sad to read about the cruises that was cancelled for some of you and lets hope this will be

the last round of cuts as normality begins to return . I think they should send us all on a 

refresher course as it's been that long . I look forward to things like "an audience with the 

captain". I used to love them , ask them anything about the ship and they answer in a flash.

Well apart from the time one guy asked " what's the mileage of the ship "  and the captain 

told him the mileage and said they kept  a ships log that's how he knew . Not to be out done

the guy said " well how many times has the propeller spun around ?" To nobody's surprise 

the Captain  said he didn't know as although we may see him doing his daily rounds of the

ship he doesn't get to see it that much :classic_wink: No such thing as a daft question though but I 

suppose it's up there with " Which side of the ship is best for dolphin spotting and what

time do they turn up ? ":classic_unsure: Well back to reality ..What shall I have for breakfast today :classic_smile:

Enjoy your day guys and  take care, stay safe .:classic_love:

• Like 8