P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Love your fish photos and dishes.A proper pescatarian,my Mrs just calls me a pest.FWIW I've got ribeye steak with king prawns and scallops courtesy of Lidl and Iceland.

That sounds pretty good!

Hope you enjoy(ed) it

Here’s the halibut.  I was first to buy, so he needed to trim a little ?bruised? flesh at the top of the fillet.  So I told him unless he had another purpose for it I’d take the trimmings off his hands for the dog’s supper!  
She loved it!  If our 2 portions cost £13 something, I reckon she had a quids worth of halibut!  Hope she doesn’t get a taste for it

Ours look a bit ‘green and white’ but it tasted great.  
The wine was good too

1C732B97-494D-4F5E-B12A-16D8F617E1A4.jpeg

BEE66246-296C-40FF-AF66-60ECDFA864F3.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

I mày be wrong, I often am, but I remember in the 1950's when I was a kid, Lady's in pink cars going around the streets promoting soap. I think it was Camay. Was that your early career?.🤣

Not quite ! 

However,  in 1973, my sales area for Procter & Gamble was centred on Peterborough,  and  I had to "accompany" Miss England to the Woolworths store in Peterborough,  where she posed in front of a display of 20,000 bars of Camay soap.  

I think some of those bars of soap were still in the stockroom when Woolworths went bust!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Wowzz understands things like that. I'm sure he will explain it.

Thanks Zap - I've been warned about commenting about a certain individual,  so can't possibly comment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Oh don't rub it in Pete ! Came on here to check what was happening as I just haven't had the time to post much at all the last few weeks. Manic at work and am spending part of the evening watching the original series of The Cruise which launched Jane MacDonald. It is really interesting to see the Celebrity Galaxy when she was THE latest ship !

Hope everyone else on CC is ok - off to read some more posts now and chill for the weekend. Off to Wales tomorrow for the day but will be doing school work in the back of the car there and back !

I’ve been watching the Cruise too. I watched it at the time but it was long before I started cruising. Loving it 😊

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not quite ! 

However,  in 1973, my sales area for Procter & Gamble was centred on Peterborough,  and  I had to "accompany" Miss England to the Woolworths store in Peterborough,  where she posed in front of a display of 20,000 bars of Camay soap.  

I think some of those bars of soap were still in the stockroom when Woolworths went bust!

Whatever happened to Camay, and Gibbs SR  toothpaste, and Tide detergent. Clearly huge advertising budgets don't guarantee longevity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just driven through Rainham, we went to Riverside Country Park for a coffee and fresh air.

I will definitely suggest going to Tick Tocks.. I presume they open for breakfast!  Thank you for the tip off 😄

Oh yes we met at 9.30am. Poached egg on toast with a coffee - £4.75!!

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Whatever happened to Camay, and Gibbs SR  toothpaste, and Tide detergent. Clearly huge advertising budgets don't guarantee longevity.

Well, what about Fairy Liquid, Flash, Ariel, Bold, Persil, Coca Cola, Kellogs Cornflakes,  Hovis,  Carlsberg, Guinness  etc. They have survived over the years.  Of course brands wax and wane, and good companies determine how and when to support them. And, where appropriate,  they deliberately allow a brand to die, so as to introduce a more relevant product.

I'm not quite sure what your point is? The market place evolves, and brands evolve to meet the needs of contemporary  consumers. Hence there is no longer any demand for Lifebuoy Carbolic Soap - nothing to do with marketing support.  Products just become irrelevant to the modern consumer. 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

That sounds pretty good!

Hope you enjoy(ed) it

Here’s the halibut.  I was first to buy, so he needed to trim a little ?bruised? flesh at the top of the fillet.  So I told him unless he had another purpose for it I’d take the trimmings off his hands for the dog’s supper!  
She loved it!  If our 2 portions cost £13 something, I reckon she had a quids worth of halibut!  Hope she doesn’t get a taste for it

Ours look a bit ‘green and white’ but it tasted great.  
The wine was good too

1C732B97-494D-4F5E-B12A-16D8F617E1A4.jpeg

BEE66246-296C-40FF-AF66-60ECDFA864F3.jpeg

I could eat fish every day,looks great.Our ribeye was tender and Argentine king prawns are the only ones my OH likes, also tender.

• Like 1

Me too on the fish

Not so much of a meat eater these days but I like it to be good when I do eat it.  Local beef & lamb is very good

It’s sunny here but forecast to cloud over quite early.  No plans - we’ll see what happens as the day progresses

• Like 1

It rained quite heavy here last night.I didn't realise until this morning that there were floods and a tornado in Barking that demolished a house.That's only 6 miles up the road.

Good morning hope is all well with you people :classic_smile: 

The Dentist visit went ok yesterday but after not getting there due to lockdown, there

is a bit of work to do. Yesterday he said " Today Kalos I will just do a quick impression 

of your teeth"  So he sucked his lips in hiding his teeth and just stared at me , then told

me he will see me next week .:classic_wacko:

Some of the meals being shown that have been home made look nice .I always wanted 

to be a chef but I got to the point where I swore too much, that was until I discovered 

oven gloves ! :classic_unsure: Excellent news reading that Ted the dog is on the mend  as well.

They know how to get round their owners with "The Look" resulting in steak and chicken

for their tea. What is it with dogs ?  They always run  to the door when the doorbell rings. 
I wouldn't  mind but It’s never for them . :classic_rolleyes: 

You all have a nice weekend and take care :classic_love:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not quite ! 

Wow ! You did a Camay appearance in Peterborough, I suppose back in the day you 

had the Lux for it .:classic_wink::classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1