P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I just knew it ! :classic_angry: How did I guess ? :classic_huh:  Knew you'd have to say something and here's me thinking that you were being ever so kind liking my last post and then read this.:classic_tongue:

Whatever happens to her in the future Heinz will forever be her nickname for us (we'll have to find a cabin with a 57 in it) and we'll think of you Andy if we ever board again !!!!!!! :classic_wink:

I couldn't resist... 😊

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

The last thing you want in such tiny cabins is to get "tossed off one  night in bed".

Do not worry about that ,they offer you a "Turn Down " service before you even get into a bed .:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, drsel said:
18 hours ago, Josy1953 said:
Oceana is overdue a make over. We were on her end of February and she is definitely looking shabby.  We have been on her several times but will not be going on her again because we had a very poor experience on her this time.

How sad, what was the poor experience ?

The cabin was filthy, it had obviously not been cleaned before we boarded.  My husband picked up beer bottle tops from the floor,  I opened the bathroom bin to drop a tissue into it and found a dirty baby's nappy in it.  We were made to feel that we were a nuisance for complaining, they gave us a bottle of house wine as compensation on board.  We complained to  P&O Southampton when we returned and they did send us a very nice food hamper as an apology but the general air of lack of care and shabbiness on board the ship has put us off. The cruise that we were hoping to go on this month was going to decide for us whether we would go with P&O again but after the refund debacle we have decided to cancel our cruise for the end of November and this morning we have also decided that we are going to cancel the cruise that we have booked for next June because neither of us has any confidence in P&O's hygene level to keep people safe.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The cabin was filthy, it had obviously not been cleaned before we boarded.  My husband picked up beer bottle tops from the floor,  I opened the bathroom bin to drop a tissue into it and found a dirty baby's nappy in it.  We were made to feel that we were a nuisance for complaining, they gave us a bottle of house wine as compensation on board.  We complained to  P&O Southampton when we returned and they did send us a very nice food hamper as an apology but the general air of lack of care and shabbiness on board the ship has put us off. The cruise that we were hoping to go on this month was going to decide for us whether we would go with P&O again but after the refund debacle we have decided to cancel our cruise for the end of November and this morning we have also decided that we are going to cancel the cruise that we have booked for next June because neither of us has any confidence in P&O's hygene level to keep people safe.

We had similar problems on our last Azura cruise - and the failure to take things seriously has certainly put us off.  Sewage smells going on for years, for example, without rectification are inexcusable, as is the shabby state of suites.

As you’ve found, it is possible to get redress after the event, but it shouldn’t have to come to that.

Result?  Subsequent cruises with P&O all cancelled, and no replacements booked.

Thanks I got the point.
but can it be hired for the two formal nights on a typical 7 day PO cruise?
That's because my wife does so much shopping on every holiday that there is never going to be any place to carry a tuxedo or suit.
We have to bear in mind the space and weight restrictions of the Airlines.

7 minutes ago, drsel said:

Thanks I got the point.
That's because my wife does so much shopping on every holiday that there is never going to be any place to carry a tuxedo or suit.

Ignore my little joke!  You can wear a dark suit without any problems at all - many do.  It's actually even less rigid than even that, in reality, but most people don't push the boundary too far.

I have a feeling that things will relax a lot when cruising resumes. 

Will we really be bothered if a chap wears an open neck shirt and no jacket on formal night? 

It could be a time to implement change as cruising will be a whole new experience. 

We love dressing up but if the rules were relaxed a bit, so be it. 

Andy 

15 minutes ago, drsel said:

Thanks I got the point.

I think it was around 2016 that P&O ceased suit hire .

You do not say where your flying to but if it was a UK airport and you land the day before then you could 

find a Matalan store which sells cheap and cheerful suits that would do the job for your 2 nights .

If your Mrs has took up up your flight luggage limit, then once done with it, ask one of the crew to drop it into

a charity shop for you .

12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have a feeling that things will relax a lot when cruising resumes. 

Will we really be bothered if a chap wears an open neck shirt and no jacket on formal night? 

It could be a time to implement change as cruising will be a whole new experience. 

We love dressing up but if the rules were relaxed a bit, so be it. 

Andy 

Andy, you shock me!  I shall be wearing my kaftan when your new rules come in.......

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Andy, you shock me!  I shall be wearing my kaftan when your new rules come in.......

I've changed Harry😊😊

I still don't want to see flip flops and shorts in the mdr, but life is changing, will we just be grateful to be cruising? 

As you have always said Harry, change is inevitable and now is probably the right time to stop fighting it. 

Andy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I've changed Harry😊😊

I still don't want to see flip flops and shorts in the mdr, but life is changing, will we just be grateful to be cruising? 

As you have always said Harry, change is inevitable and now is probably the right time to stop fighting it. 

Andy 

You make a very good point,  Andy.  Peter Hennessy, right at the start of all this, presciently predicted that in future everyone would talk about the two very different BC and AC worlds.

He was right,  and so are you. 

• Like 2

Certainly not flip flops and shorts.

this is not a carnival cruise.

But maybe a formal shirt, tie and trousers after 6:00 p.m. on the formal nights?

It's only the coat which is heavy and bulky to carry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drsel said:

Especially if you are sailing from Dubai all around the middle East in the heat of October

I have a light weight linen jacket which weighs virtually nothing, and takes up the same amount of room as one shirt.

7 hours ago, drsel said:

Thanks Andy and Annie, I expect that all cruise lines will be sailing by 15 October or even earlier.

PO also offers excellent value for money

P&O won’t be sailing earlier they have cancelled all cruises up to and including 15 October

Pretty quiet here at Silverstone. For weeks it was eerie, no sounds coming from the track and having lived here for 33 years that was novel.

As we go for our walks we can both hear and occasionaly see a few cars going round the track in the last few days - not F1 cars though.

Tonight we are playing music, all sorts really, but our favourite is still our Serious Sounds CD from Ventura 4 years ago. They were the house band and played all sorts, but I think reggae was in their blood and that's still my favourite.

Off for another attempt at dancing with the wife having already had a fair bit of wine.

This probably wont work out well. Dodgy back and hip and a bottle and a half of wine already.

I could be a NSH statistic for all the wrong reasons!

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drsel said:

PO starts on 16th October but some like Carnival are starting on 1st August

Realistically I don’t see Carnival sailings commencing on 1 August given the high rates of infection still prevalent in US, can see any port accepting cruises ships in August.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, drsel said:
6 hours ago, wowzz said:
I have a light weight linen jacket which weighs virtually nothing, and takes up the same amount of room as one shirt.

Kindly post a photo please

H&M. I am not your personal shopper.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoFlyGuy said:

Pretty quiet here at Silverstone. For weeks it was eerie, no sounds coming from the track and having lived here for 33 years that was novel.

As we go for our walks we can both hear and occasionaly see a few cars going round the track in the last few days - not F1 cars though.

Tonight we are playing music, all sorts really, but our favourite is still our Serious Sounds CD from Ventura 4 years ago. They were the house band and played all sorts, but I think reggae was in their blood and that's still my favourite.

Off for another attempt at dancing with the wife having already had a fair bit of wine.

This probably wont work out well. Dodgy back and hip and a bottle and a half of wine already.

I could be a NSH statistic for all the wrong reasons!

Stay safe everyone.

Like your style!  Don't fall over doing the Macarena!