P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Low Newton, The Ship Inn, local crab sandwiches, and this - heaven

9712166_orig.jpg

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I know none of you kind people will laugh at me😶

While flicking through these posts I suddenly realised there are 3 pints of beer on that railing. I thought they were the top of supporting  posts for the railings. 😂

It's time I went to Barnard Castle 👓

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but I know none of you kind people will laugh at me😶

While flicking through these posts I suddenly realised there are 3 pints of beer on that railing. I thought they were the top of supporting  posts for the railings. 😂

Avril 

Avril only 2 pints.

The other is P---.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

That's correct parenting vamp, not strict. Good for you.😊

Avril 

apparently not “I’m just horrid” my sister used to say. This is cos mine make their beds in a morning, i don’t tidy up their toys they do that, they have dressed themselves since they were two, they even do chores bless them like they put their own clothes away in their wardrobe drawers and they set the table. It’s perhaps why I don’t get along with the rest of my family as they are so different to me with these things. 

My problem is that I wrap them up in Cotton wool too much in that I don’t like them to ride their bikes too far or that I will worry when we have a balcony cabin next year. 

There’s some really good deals on p&o at the moment and I am dying to book another one but daren’t until everything is ok but I really want a good family holiday.  

on another note, how do you teach a child to ride without stabilisers? I’m having a nightmare with my two

Edited by Vampiress88
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I started off in that posh bit, born in Hempstead, parents still there. Then I spent a few dark years near the old Chatham cinema, but then happily moved to the edge of the Parkwood estate, a few roads away from another posh bit, Wigmore. 🙂

My daughter has JUST moved from Rainham.😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

All the beers have a nice frothy head too.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

All the beers have a nice frothy head too.

I know, but if you look at the top of the railings were the sun hits them they're the same colour.  I did just look at the picture without taking it all in. We'll that's my story and I'm sticking to it😁. I'll stop digging now, the hole's big enough😉

Avril 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

apparently not “I’m just horrid” my sister used to say. This is cos mine make their beds in a morning, i don’t tidy up their toys they do that, they have dressed themselves since they were two, they even do chores bless them like they put their own clothes away in their wardrobe drawers and they set the table. It’s perhaps why I don’t get along with the rest of my family as they are so different to me with these things. 

My problem is that I wrap them up in Cotton wool too much in that I don’t like them to ride their bikes too far or that I will worry when we have a balcony cabin next year. 

There’s some really good deals on p&o at the moment and I am dying to book another one but daren’t until everything is ok but I really want a good family holiday.  

on another note, how do you teach a child to ride without stabilisers? I’m having a nightmare with my two

You get your husband to run along the street holding on to seat until they are going fast enough to let go. He then has to run to catch up before they fall off.......all part of the fun of being a parent!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, happy v said:

You get your husband to run along the street holding on to seat until they are going fast enough to let go. He then has to run to catch up before they fall off.......all part of the fun of being a parent!

keep trying that but they stop peddling! 
I don’t think they know how to balance. 
we just keep trying a little bit every day. Sure they will get there soon. Then apparently I have to get a bike, not been on one of those for at least 15years so that will be interesting 

• Like 1

It could encourage your girls if you were to cycle with them. You could always borrow their stabilisers if needed😊. I've never been able to ride a bike. I don't know why. I've tried and tried but could never do it. It could be a sense of balance problem , or maybe I'm just naturally dizzy😏

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Just patience, I’m afraid, and definitely  a nice soft surface like grass.  With our two we just kept setting them off, again and again, until they caught on.

Still remember the early attempts as they disappeared, out of control, into the bushes.

It’s one of those things, like walking, they suddenly just get.

• Like 1

Agree - just balance

All you can do is just keep on keeping on and stress that it’s ok and they will get it, sooner or later.  Everyone does (except Avril, as it seems 🙂)

Build their confidence that they’ll get there in the end

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Agree - just balance

All you can do is just keep on keeping on and stress that it’s ok and they will get it, sooner or later.  Everyone does (except Avril, as it seems 🙂)

Build their confidence that they’ll get there in the end

I was a constant source of embarrassment to my father who use to race bicycles in his youth. My two sisters were fine, but me, No chance. 

Avril 

• Like 1

What a difference with today's weather ,no sitting in the garden today.

So I thought I would have a roam around Youtube seeing little is happening on the cruise scene

I thought lets have a look at Manchester Airport and see how the aviation side is faring .

Not much better,watching this film is unreal. Who would have thought that one day the airport 

would be so empty .:classic_unsure:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

Story of my life! dots and dashes Help!

If they're in front of your eyes mercury, a trip to Durham is in order I think👓. Or maybe you should take up Morse Code as a hobby😆

Avril 

On 6/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, Vampiress88 said:

on another note, how do you teach a child to ride without stabilisers? I’m having a nightmare

I think the “approved” method is to remove the stabilisers and pedals, and lower the seat so the child can comfortably put both feet on the ground. Then encourage them to “scoot” until their sense of balance is increased, then re-introduce pedals and gradually raise the seat height.

None of which I did of course, preferring the aforementioned husband holding seat running behind approach!