P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I have had those and similar from ( allegedly) DVLA. I would advise that you just delete them. There is very nice prince from Nigeria who is helping with my P&O refund. That should arrive soon now that I have given him my PIN.

Seriously watch out for the Amazon scam where they ask you to press option 1. That connects to a super premium rate call.

Just to reassure you on that last point, it can’t connect you to a premium rate number, but it can and will connect you to a fraudster who will try to convince you to allow him remote access to your computer via TeamViewer on the pretext of altering the Amazon ‘settings’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Know them both well (and the excellent fish and chips, eaten by the sea of course) at Seahouses.  We spent a lot of time on the coastline and the kids absolutely loved it too.  Shame it all goes wrong once you come south of the Humber (until you get to Norfolk).

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

are you calling Skegness wrong? 

33 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The Lincolnshire coastline is very different from the beautiful coastline from Yorkshire northwards.  It has its attractions, including Skegness, Cleethorpes, and similar resorts, but it’s hardly scenic.

Harry  you are the real Houdini of these boards , nice get out :classic_wink:    

Glad you mentioned Cleethorpes ............. Wowzz likes Cleethorpes :classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Glad you mentioned Cleethorpes ............. Wowzz likes Cleethorpes :classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

Fair point, Kalos. Diplomacy.  I like Cleethorpes too - and Skegness for that matter - and the fish and chips on the pier at Cleethorpes are unbeatable. Even better than Seahouses!

Lincolnshire can’t compare with Yorkshire and Northumberland for the scenic beauty of its coastline though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone else noticed that now when we go for a walk hardly anyone says 'Hello' any more. In lockdown it was like the good old days when everyone smiled, said hello or 'take care' etc. Now there is no eye contact, heads down and if you say hello most people look at you are if you're mad. Sad really …. in many ways we miss the lockdown as it made people appreciate one another more …….

PS We got the mushy peas today :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Well better than my ironing board cover which was substituted with 3 x Schwartz Hollandaise sauce mix!  To add insult to jury they didn't even send them but charged me!  🤔

That's better than the  sub I had on last Thursday's shop. I ordered 2 tins of peach halves and ended up with 2 bags of parsnips. Not quite the same when I'm wanting to make a peach and almond tart😞. Hmm maybe if I cooked the parsnips first....? 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Has anyone else noticed that now when we go for a walk hardly anyone says 'Hello' any more. In lockdown it was like the good old days when everyone smiled, said hello or 'take care' etc. Now there is no eye contact, heads down and if you say hello most people look at you are if you're mad. Sad really …. in many ways we miss the lockdown as it made people appreciate one another more …….

No, it's just the same here.  Everyone says hello, but then in this little town, maybe they always did.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No, it's just the same here.  Everyone says hello, but then in this little town, maybe they always did.

Perhaps just a big city thing - sad as it was definitely different in lockdown. Like a shared experience walking out 'for exercise'. Oh well, am guessing that the traffic to work will be a nightmare tomorrow too  .....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Lincolnshire can’t compare with Yorkshire and Northumberland for the scenic beauty of its coastline though.

I'll grant you that. Lincolnshire can't help being flat but it has its own beauty. You can see for miles and because of that, can see a complete sunrise or sunset on the horizon. My favourite thing to do when we visit our son.

Avril 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I'll grant you that. Lincolnshire can't help being flat but it has its own beauty. You can see for miles and because of that, can see a complete sunrise or sunset on the horizon. My favourite thing to do when we visit our son.

Avril 

Avril The Lincolnshire Wolds are far from flat, beauty is in the eye Etc!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

We are finding that most people are still saying good morning when a go for our walk, maybe because we see the same few people every day 

Glad you got your mushy peas, we can't seem to get bay leaves, my neighbour have me some of her bag lead plant last week. 😀

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Very true, Avril - though it's not as flat as you might think once you get off the A17!  I was thinking more of the overdevelopment which has been allowed to mar chunks of the coast.

52 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril The Lincolnshire Wolds are far from flat, beauty is in the eye Etc!

I was thinking of the area where my son lives. Farmland for miles. Beautifil. I love it there.

Avril 

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Hello - heard my name!  We do like Cleethorpes,  especially the fish and chips on the pier. 

But, as an Essex boy,  it's difficult to beat Walton and Frinton.  Still undiscovered after all these years, and the salt water marshes are still mysterious to this day.

Living here in thus part of  Lincolnshire for the last 5 years or so, we have become aware of the great expanse of scenery that you can see - almost, but not quite,  like the Canadian plains. And yet, previously, we lived near Stamford - same county, but worlds apart from where we are now, not only in the geographic sense. The "ladies who lunch" in Stamford would have an apoplexy trying to find somewhere to eat in Gainsborough. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Help......how do I get rid of that uploaded image in my previous post?  I'm not very good at this! 😏

Image seems to have gone now but can I get rid of that 'click to choose files' prompt?

P.s previous post should read 'pub at Craster'  .... where did nougat come from?. 😆

I've done it for you.

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Coastline down here in South Devon is stunning.  Also, apart from the floor markings in the local Co-op, have hardly noticed covid-19.   We have hardly been hit down here.

Hope it stays that way. We had hardly been hit either - until the VE Day weekend. Now our hospital is shut to all admissions due to CV19!

9 hours ago, wowzz said:
13 hours ago, kalos said:

But, as an Essex boy,  it's difficult to beat Walton and Frinton.  Still undiscovered after all these years, and the salt water marshes are still mysterious to this day.

Not for much longer!!! You've  gon' an' been an' dun it now wowzz 😊

Avril 

28 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

until the VE Day weekend. Now our hospital is shut to all admissions due to CV1

And when you see all the over-crowded beaches and parks over the weekend, not to mention the prorests in London, the cases will be on the rise again unfortunately. Back to square 1.

Avril 

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

And when you see all the over-crowded beaches and parks over the weekend, not to mention the prorests in London, the cases will be on the rise again unfortunately. Back to square 1.

Avril 

The economy vs deaths, Avril.  And the economy is taking priority.  I can see both sides of the argument, but having got into trouble a few weeks back for even raising the point I think I'd better say no more.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope it stays that way. We had hardly been hit either - until the VE Day weekend. Now our hospital is shut to all admissions due to CV19!

Likewise - but after the fiasco over the weekend on our beaches I'm sure we'll be in line for problems in a week ir two as well.

The local paper report this morning makes for grim reading. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18487472.staff-spat-abused-bournemouth-beach/

Add to that kalos' point about fires earlier - apparently the local fire brigade were called to 52 bonfires/bbq fires in 12 hours.   So much for using your common sense!

• Like 1

I think it’s different places for different things. Skegness has more for the kids. I like the tat shops to nosy and there is a bar near the pier and the sea sanctuary (expensive now)

havent been scarbough or Whitby in years even though they are good. More stick to Bridlington and Filey. Prefer the beaches there and the harbour etc but not the little rides for the kids. 

might be only holidays we are gonna get this year! 

sunny here today. Parents in law are coming round tonight. Not sure how that’s gonna go with The kids keeping distance. I’m poorly so no school work today. 
stupid Asda order won’t work either.