P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

What a nightmare...........all those people having to be herded together to say nothing of the foolhardy 'jumpers'.   Beaches packed yesterday.   We turned back from a walk because of cars streaming in, parking, unloading and soooo busy.  Clearly come to enjoy the beach and sunshine which is understandable. I'm hoping so much that it's not going to come back to bite us.......  though I'm fearful it will. 

(In case you've not seen it in the press, it's a picture of Durdle Door where some youths jumped from the arch injuring themselves so two helicopters landed at each end of the beach so everyone was squeezed into the centre to join the path to get off the beach, )

2052798604_Untitleddesign(32).jpg.gallery(1).jpg.b5118b076e5e49b4ff2ea217ca868c9d.jpg

Edited by kruzseeka

39 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

What a nightmare...........all those people having to be herded together to say nothing of the foolhardy 'jumpers'.   Beaches packed yesterday.   We turned back from a walk because of cars streaming in, parking, unloading and soooo busy.  Clearly come to enjoy the beach and sunshine which is understandable. I'm hoping so much that it's not going to come back to bite us.......  though I'm fearful it will. 

(In case you've not seen it in the press, it's a picture of Durdle Door where some youths jumped from the arch injuring themselves so two helicopters landed at each end of the beach so everyone was squeezed into the centre to join the path to get off the beach, )

2052798604_Untitleddesign(32).jpg.gallery(1).jpg.b5118b076e5e49b4ff2ea217ca868c9d.jpg

Sad thing is Kruzze they are not the first and will not be the last .Never mind the NHS will patch them up for free

and if not they can go on disability for the rest of there lives .

Things like this will happen up and down the UK. I am fully expecting it to be on the news somewhere that a moorland

fire has started because the idiot brigade fancy a bbq in the  national park moors .

Most people are sensible but as the saying goes There's always one .

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I’m also concerned it will.  Interesting suggestion in one yesterday’s papers though that there’s a subplot behind the whole Cummings affair (planned by Mr Devious himself).

Basically this - the affair encourages everyone to ignore the guidelines because they no longer see why they should.  This produces another wave of infections.  Government then faced with difficult decision on reimposing lockdown, which would be catastrophic for the economy.  Decides it can’t do that, so ‘forced’ (blaming the public for not following the rules) into an alternative policy (as originally proposed by Cummings) of herd immunity, relaxing all controls and saving the economy.

Downside, of course, maybe half a million deaths, mainly the elderly.

Interesting theory...........

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m also concerned it will.  Interesting suggestion in one yesterday’s papers though that there’s a subplot behind the whole Cummings affair (planned by Mr Devious himself).

Basically this - the affair encourages everyone to ignore the guidelines because they no longer see why they should.  This produces another wave of infections.  Government then faced with difficult decision on reimposing lockdown, which would be catastrophic for the economy.  Decides it can’t do that, so ‘forced’ (blaming the public for not following the rules) into an alternative policy (as originally proposed by Cummings) of herd immunity, relaxing all controls and saving the economy.

Are you auditioning for a leader writers job at the Guardian then Harry?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Are you auditioning for a leader writers job at the Guardian then Harry?

Hardly, John.  That theory was in an article in the Telegraph. Hardly a bastion of the Left!

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Sad thing is Kruzze they are not the first and will not be the last .Never mind the NHS will patch them up for free

and if not they can go on disability for the rest of there lives .

Things like this will happen up and down the UK. I am fully expecting it to be on the news somewhere that a moorland

fire has started because the idiot brigade fancy a bbq in the  national park moors .

Most people are sensible but as the saying goes There's always one .

Already happened kalos.  Trouble is you can't legislate for idiots.  But as you say they expect someone to pickup the pieces!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52860831

Wareham fire - Bank Holiday Monday

21 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I don’t think a message board has been invented where there’s no arguing 

I’ve finally discovered an Ignore feature, accessed via Profile

Hooray!

Mute posters whose work winds you up

You no longer have to read posts from users you’d prefer not to.  Some might say censorship - I think it’s just preserving sanity 🙃

HELLO...

Eddie, are you there??? 

Oh it was me then😊😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Already happened kalos.  Trouble is you can't legislate for idiots.  But as you say they expect someone to pickup the pieces!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52860831

Wareham fire - Bank Holiday Monday

Be alert, protect the NHS, don't be an idiot!!! 

Jumping in the sea and being careless with barbecues just shows some of us can't be trusted... 

Give us an inch... 

Back to normality of the NHS, Fire service, Police etc being stretched... 

Oh the good old days when we couldn't go out, got paid anyway, the environment was clean and wildlife flourished... 

We are our own worst enemies.. 

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good morning all from beautiful sunny Barnsley. I've had a lovely productive morning. Tai chi excersises first thing this morning, (haven't done any in the last 10 days, naughty me😔.) Then breakfast and little household jobs done. My tomato plants FINALLY arrived yesterday, and so we've put those in too. Relaxing now with a coffee in the garden under the sun brolly. Bliss. Life is what you make it(must be the tai chi 😉) Have a lovely Sunday🌞

Avril 

• Like 2

Good morning all, glad you’re sounding chirpy Avril.

John and I just thought we’d pop to B&Q as desperate for some flooring for our kitchen - all we’ve got is a rug at the moment! Massive queues so we drive another 10 minutes to Wickes, pretty big queues there too.

Then we thought we’ll go to our local Range store to get tea towels etc - huge queue again! Argh! So we walked around the marina that’s by the Range and came home! 
Now I’m in the garden again and John is putting the new light up he got a while ago online!

Was going to do some chores but I see Wednesday which is my day off looks rainy - so I’ll save them til then 😊

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning all from beautiful sunny Barnsley. I've had a lovely productive morning. Tai chi excersises first thing this morning, (haven't done any in the last 10 days, naughty me😔.) Then breakfast and little household jobs done. My tomato plants FINALLY arrived yesterday, and so we've put those in too. Relaxing now with a coffee in the garden under the sun brolly. Bliss. Life is what you make it(must be the tai chi 😉) Have a lovely Sunday🌞

Avril 

Nice day up North.

Had breakfast sitting on the patio and spent 1 hour watering the back and front lawn.

Going out to the beach 10 minutes away for a picnic and a social distancing walk along the promenade trying to avoid the idiots who won't social distance.

Got my PPE in the car in case we pop along to a garden centre later.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

John and I just thought we’d pop to B&Q as desperate for some flooring for our kitchen - all we’ve got is a rug at the moment! Massive queues so we drive another 10 minutes to Wickes, pretty big queues there too.

Then we thought we’ll go to our local Range store to get tea towels etc - huge queue again! Argh! So we walked around the marina that’s by the Range and came home! 
Now I’m in the garden again and John is putting the new light up he got a while ago online!

Was going to do some chores but I see Wednesday which is my day off looks rainy - so I’ll save them til then 😊

Morning, 

There is no such thing as popping to the shops anymore unfortunately. 

Relax and enjoy the sunshine. 

Andy 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Look on the bright side Sue. You've saved a lot of money. It's only since this lockdown that I've realised how much unnecessary money I used to spend. Sssh, don't tell Frank😀

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning, 

There is no such thing as popping to the shops anymore unfortunately. 

Relax and enjoy the sunshine. 

Andy 

I know 😩 we’ve been to B&Q once since they reopened and it was quite a small queue!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Look on the bright side Sue. You've saved a lot of money. It's only since this lockdown that I've realised how much unnecessary money I used to spend. Sssh, don't tell Frank😀

Avril 

hee hee! Know what you mean though we really need the flooring as the old one was taken up just before lockdown. We’ve just got a furry rug there now! I’ve been very patient but it’s getting on my nerves now! Ah well, what’s another couple of weeks! John’s done a good job with the tiles, very happy with those 😊

We have been out for our usual walk and saw hardly anyone, just another couple who live 2 houses away from us.  Where have they all gone ? Is Durham busy with tourists today ?  Are they all soaking up the sun on beaches ?

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We’ve just got a furry rug there now!

That reminds of the old rag rugs mum used to make when I was young. I used to love rubbing my bare feet through them. 

Avril 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been out for our usual walk and saw hardly anyone, just another couple who live 2 houses away from us.  Where have they all gone ? Is Durham busy with tourists today ?  Are they all soaking up the sun on beaches ?

Noticed that on our walk yesterday, hardly any weaving like we were having to do... 

The seaside seems to be the answer. 

The irony of our seaside towns being run down for years are now packed when all the businesses are closed... 

Andy 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Having their eyes tested ? 😂 sorry but I just couldn't resist. 😶

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

hee hee! Know what you mean though we really need the flooring as the old one was taken up just before lockdown. We’ve just got a furry rug there now! I’ve been very patient but it’s getting on my nerves now! Ah well, what’s another couple of weeks! John’s done a good job with the tiles, very happy with those 😊

If you know roughly what you want, 'UK Flooring Direct' will have it delivered in a few days. 

Andy 

• Like 1