P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, drsel said:

Thanks I got the point.
but can it be hired for the two formal nights on a typical 7 day PO cruise?
That's because my wife does so much shopping on every holiday that there is never going to be any place to carry a tuxedo or suit.
We have to bear in mind the space and weight restrictions of the Airlines.

Why would you want to hire old used clothes, especially in the current climate. 😷🤒

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

I agree, 1st Aug does seem unlikely but surprisingly, carnival is selling cruises from 11 June 2020

Date:June 11, 2020
Nights:13
To:New York
Line:Carnival
Price:$998
Ship:Radiance
Daily:$77

Quite possible they are still advertised but doubtful they would book and take full payment as it would be due now.

If they did take payment it would be wrong.

Quite possible they are still advertised but doubtful they would book and take full payment as it would be due now. If they did take payment it would be wrong.

Very surprising that these cruises are advertised and seen on agents websites, when their official statement is that they are restarting on 1 August, as per the cruise critic link posted 

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

Very surprising that these cruises are advertised and available for sale, when their official statement is that they are restarting on 1 August, as per the cruise critic link posted

I agree,more than likely their IT haven't checked and updated.

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Woo Hoo!

Told ya that’s how it goes.  Hope you have lots of fun times on two wheels

thank you 

it’s amazing how fast she’s picked it up. She’s not fell off as she knows to put her feet down and she can turn around on the road while riding. 

now just got the littlest to teach

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

thank you 

it’s amazing how fast she’s picked it up. She’s not fell off as she knows to put her feet down and she can turn around on the road while riding. 

now just got the littlest to teach

The little one will learn far faster because she won't want to older one to do something that she can't do.  My dad always told me that if he wanted me to do anything when I was young he only had to tell me that my brother could already do it 😂😂

• Like 3

Well a wet and miserable day in Stoke on Trent I'm afraid. I do think we have taken that beautiful weather we have had since March for granted and now we are back to proper British June weather. Didn't even get to the park today - first time we haven't been for our walk for what seems like forever !!!

Sad to see the cruises cancelled until October, but we aren't surprised - especially when they have sent crew home.

I have to wonder how the travel industry will ever recover from this. (Sorry to sound so negative)

:classic_sad:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

have to wonder how the travel industry will ever recover from this. (Sorry to sound so negative)

And the new stupid 14 day quarantine rule for people entering the country won't help either.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wowzz said:

And the new stupid 14 day quarantine rule for people entering the country won't help either.

It should have been enforced just after lockdown when everyone's movements were restricted.

If it had things might have been different and could have been lifted now.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It should have been enforced just after lockdown when everyone's movements were restricted.

If it had things might have been different and could have been lifted now.

Indeed.  Every logical reason for it earlier, but none whatever now, and not even supported by the scientists.

What the hell are these idiots playing at?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Who knows?

Who knows what might have been or what should have been?

Here’s a really interesting article.  It just makes my eyes revolve in opposite directions but who knows, it could be correct

https://unherd.com/2020/06/karl-friston-up-to-80-not-even-susceptible-to-covid-19/

"comes a claim that the true portion of people who are not even susceptible to Covid-19 may be as high as 80%."

That would be fantastic ! Now I hope he can put some proof behind his theory by maybe living in a covid ward 

minus the ppe for a couple of weeks to prove this was true.

I'm sure we all want it to be true and get on with our lives .. If only :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Indeed.  Every logical reason for it earlier, but none whatever now, and not even supported by the scientists.

Maybe it's a Brexit negotiating tactic from Boris, to deprive the EU holiday resorts of much needed GBP?😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe it's a Brexit negotiating tactic from Boris, to deprive the EU holiday resorts of much needed GBP?😁

He's not bright enough to be able to work that out. It's purely a political ploy to appeal to people who like keeping out 'foreigners' - you know, the ones who used to pick the crops which will soon be rotting in the ground because the locals won't work the fields. And the ones staffing our NHS and care homes.

Madness,  as usual. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I wonder how many people this will affect. I thought the FCO advice was still to curtail any non essential travel overseas, so how many Brits are going to have to quarantine on their return?

As for foreigners coming here, well they have hardly been coming in droves. When you look at the travel statistics they are all down by well over 95%. Also why would they want to come here, we are still mainly closed?

I'm sure it's just a precaution and it will be reviewed three weekly.

Finally Handcock stated this morning that there are around 100 members of SAGE. I don't have any figures but am fairly sure that not 100% disagree with this policy or any policy that the government have enacted over the past few months. 

Well the weather has really taken a downturn this last few days. However I’m a happy bunny tonight as my son and partner brought our gorgeous grandson Joshua for a visit to our garden this afternoon. It was heartbreaking not to cuddle him but I’d bought a sandpit this week and a few cheap toys for it and a ball. This kept him amused for ages. My cunning plan so that he wouldn’t keep running to me! So lovely to see him again although I was cold by the time they went home!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Well the weather has really taken a downturn this last few days. However I’m a happy bunny tonight as my son and partner brought our gorgeous grandson Joshua for a visit to our garden this afternoon. It was heartbreaking not to cuddle him but I’d bought a sandpit this week and a few cheap toys for it and a ball. This kept him amused for ages. My cunning plan so that he wouldn’t keep running to me! So lovely to see him again although I was cold by the time they went home!

That's lovely Sue, good plan with the sandpit. 😊

Our Mollie came to the garden today for the first time in 3 months, it's her little sisters 20th Birthday tomorrow, it was very emotional. 

She works at the hospital, so has stayed away as Michelle is shielding, we kept well out of the way but it was lovely to see her from a safe distance and wave. 

Andy 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's lovely Sue, good plan with the sandpit. 😊

Our Mollie came to the garden today for the first time in 3 months, it's her little sisters 20th Birthday tomorrow, it was very emotional. 

She works at the hospital, so has stayed away as Michelle is shielding, we kept well out of the way but it was lovely to see her from a safe distance and wave. 

Andy 

That’s lovely too. Well we’re obeying the rules anyway Andy!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That's lovely Sue and I'm happy for you that you could see your son,his partner and your lovely grandson Joshua again.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1