P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's lovely Sue, good plan with the sandpit. 😊

Our Mollie came to the garden today for the first time in 3 months, it's her little sisters 20th Birthday tomorrow, it was very emotional. 

She works at the hospital, so has stayed away as Michelle is shielding, we kept well out of the way but it was lovely to see her from a safe distance and wave. 

Andy 

Fantastic news Andy.

I'm pleased for Michelle and yourself.

Graham

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

That's lovely Sue, good plan with the sandpit. 😊

Our Mollie came to the garden today for the first time in 3 months, it's her little sisters 20th Birthday tomorrow, it was very emotional. 

She works at the hospital, so has stayed away as Michelle is shielding, we kept well out of the way but it was lovely to see her from a safe distance and wave. 

Andy 

Andy, glad you and Michelle had a nice day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Well the weather has really taken a downturn this last few days. However I’m a happy bunny tonight as my son and partner brought our gorgeous grandson Joshua for a visit to our garden this afternoon. It was heartbreaking not to cuddle him but I’d bought a sandpit this week and a few cheap toys for it and a ball. This kept him amused for ages. My cunning plan so that he wouldn’t keep running to me! So lovely to see him again although I was cold by the time they went home!

That is lovely Sue, it is very hard not to see the ones you love.

• Like 1

Just thinking.........

Now my hair is quickly going past my shoulders, and I'm beginning to look like Betty Rubble,  I am starting to regret that all those cruise and hotel shower caps didn't accidentally jump into my case🤥😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Indiana

I never take the toiletries, in fact I don't even open them, but I will admit to always taking the shower cap (very long hair)  and of course, the incredible "get any stain out of any clothing" P&O toilet soap.  Its known by the family as mum/granny's magic soap.

So strange, at our first Caribbean Tier lunch, we sat with the officer in charge of the laundry and he gave us lots of stain removal tips, but none of them work as well as the toilet soap in the cabins.  Mine is running a bit short now......must be time for a cruise!

11 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

So strange, at our first Caribbean Tier lunch, we sat with the officer in charge of the laundry and he gave us lots of stain removal tips, but none of them work as well as the toilet soap in the cabins.  Mine is running a bit short now......must be time for a cruise!

We did a lunch hosted by an officer in charge of the laundry as well.  I think he described himself as a doctor.... people brought him a stained garment, and he always was able to cure the problem!

22 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Just thinking.........

Now my hair is quickly going past my shoulders, and I'm beginning to look like Betty Rubble,  I am starting to regret that all those cruise and hotel shower caps didn't accidentally jump into my case🤥😂

We stayed in the four seasons in Vancouver. I said to my wife a few weeks ago " where did that little bottle of hand sanitizer come from ".........😂

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We did a lunch hosted by an officer in charge of the laundry as well.  I think he described himself as a doctor.... people brought him a stained garment, and he always was able to cure the problem!

He must be the Officer of the wash.Did he know Seaman Staines.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Isn't the officer who counts the money called the Persil,?🤔

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Isn't the officer who counts the money called the Persil,?🤔

Only when the Tide is in.I'll keep quite about Omo.

I could do with the chief officer of the wash right now, washing done and out on the line only for the neighbour at the back to start burning garden rubbish. With garden recycle bins who does that these days for goodness sake? 😠

1 minute ago, DamianG said:

I could do with the chief officer of the wash right now, washing done and out on the line only for the neighbour at the back to start burning garden rubbish. With garden recycle bins who does that these days for goodness sake? 😠

They probably haven't paid the council to empty the brown bins.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They probably haven't paid the council to empty the brown bins.

Funny enough our brown bins were emptied last week for the first time since last November causing much joy in our house and amongst the neighbours. Something else that we take for granted I guess!

49 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Funny enough our brown bins were emptied last week for the first time since last November causing much joy in our house and amongst the neighbours. Something else that we take for granted I guess!

It's the green bins in our area that we've had a problem with. Frank's been putting the grass clippings around the roses. We've had notice that they'll begin emptying them again  next week. One more little step forward. 

Avril 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's the green bins in our area that we've had a problem with. Frank's been putting the grass clippings around the roses. We've had notice that they'll begin emptying them again  next week. One more little step forward. 

Avril 

Avril Hi

Are they your next door neighbors--The Roses!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

That's something that is taken for grasseed.

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Or back to the fuchsia.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Our second collection is due on Friday.

The council were late starting collections so have extended the dates for the last collection.

16 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril Hi

Are they your next door neighbors--The Roses!

No, we only have one Rose next door, and considering her age she's blooming marvellous🌹. With or without grass clippings 😆

Avril 

• Like 1

The inconsiderate "I'll do as like I  brigade" Every neighbourhood has at least one. 

Avril 

• Like 1

Our brown bins have been emptied every 2 weeks throughout the covid crisis, although the recycling sites were closed until last week.

You'll love it here surrounded by olive groves and fields.They love a bonfire.Sometimes the fire brigade turn up when it gets bigger than an acre,lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

You can keep quiet about omo. I'll Surf the internet and find out for myself 😆

Great, that'll put a different spin on it.Why are you always drier than me.