P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Can someone please remind me of the Dyson fan(s) that were recommended on here a while ago? I don't really want to add to Mr Dyson's wealth but we really need to cool down our bedroom at bed time. I'm a really light sleeper so a silent fan would be essential.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Damian.  Mine is a Dyson Cool AM07.  I wouldn't be without it at the moment.  I can fall asleep with it on - no problem.  To me it's as silent as fans get.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We splashed out on a Dyson.. it is fine.. we also bought one from the M Supermarket, which is the one pictured some posts ago with the  little dog lazing by it.  It was a tower and £25.

To be honest it is just as good.. perhaps a little better than the Dyson and very quiet.   £300 or so  Dyson   ..  £25 M Supermarket.  Feel a bit diddled.🙃

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We splashed out on a Dyson.. it is fine.. we also bought one from the M Supermarket, which is the one pictured some posts ago with the  little dog lazing by it.  It was a tower and £25.

To be honest it is just as good.. perhaps a little better than the Dyson and very quiet.   £300 or so  Dyson   ..  £25 M Supermarket.  Feel a bit diddled.🙃

I got the challenge tower fan yesterday (my dog was pictured lying in front of it on earlier post). It is 28” high, it oscillates and cost £31 and I have to say worth every penny and it is quiet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all those giving advice on the route. Having  discussed with She who must obeyed, travelling Thursday is out, hair and beauty day !! Will leave about 6 am Friday and straight down M1. Even with s breakfast stop should be on M25 well before noon, then M3, arriving in Southampton mid afternoon, after another stop for light lunch. That's the plan  !!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

That's our normal route too Phil but any event at Silverstone really makes a difference so I think Bob's right to avoid the A43 this time. 

Same here and we use Cherweii Valley services as a stop point very handy for abandoning your In-laws. 

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks all those giving advice on the route. Having  discussed with She who must obeyed, travelling Thursday is out, hair and beauty day !! Will leave about 6 am Friday and straight down M1. Even with s breakfast stop should be on M25 well before noon, then M3, arriving in Southampton mid afternoon, after another stop for light lunch. That's the plan  !!!!!!

Could you not use M69/M40/A34 ?

Anything to avoid the M25, especially around LHR!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

But Heathrow traffic at present must be very low compared to normal years?

I was thinking more of the traffic flow due to the M40, M4, A30 junctions rather than the airport.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I was thinking more of the traffic flow due to the M40, M4, A30 junctions rather than the airport.

Strangely enough the M40 stretch between the A43 and A34 is the only one we have encountered a delay on using our normal M1, A43, M40, A34, M3 route, and the only other one was the M69 which we took when the M1 signage was advising long delays ahead, which apparently turned out to be grossly  inaccurate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Strangely enough the M40 stretch between the A43 and A34 is the only one we have encountered a delay on using our normal M1, A43, M40, A34, M3 route, and the only other one was the M69 which we took when the M1 signage was advising long delays ahead, which apparently turned out to be grossly  inaccurate.

Yes, I never know if it is worth paying attention to the matrix signals. I tend to find that the sat nav is more accurate when it comes to diverting me away from holdups.

22 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Go for it! I can recommend the Spinnaker Tower too, great views and I stood for ages watching the Isle of Wight ferries going in and out - they have a really tight turn.

I did suggest it and he didn't exactly say no but he said he wants to wait to see if our daughter gets a moving date first as we'll have lots of work to do once they get the keys. I'm not giving up yet though 😂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DamianG said:

Can someone please remind me of the Dyson fan(s) that were recommended on here a while ago? I don't really want to add to Mr Dyson's wealth but we really need to cool down our bedroom at bed time. I'm a really light sleeper so a silent fan would be essential.

Thanks in advance.

I was looking at a Dyson too, but after looking at my son's, listening to what he says about it, and the Which? report, I went for this one:

https://www.t3.com/reviews/meacofan-1056-air-circulator-review

A Which? Best Buy and a lot cheaper than Dyson - quieter too at any useful speeds.  It  really is incredibly quiet - barely audible.  That was the main reason for purchase.

Not a patch on the Dyson in terms of styling though - but probably more reliable, and hugely cheaper at around £99.  So impressed with it when it arrived, we bought another one for elsewhere in the house!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Same here and we use Cherweii Valley services as a stop point very handy for abandoning your In-laws. 

Thats what I needed today Kalos, full blown argument today with in-laws both my husband and myself had words today full on blow out for me and been crying all day because of it , because it’s not like me but it’s been brewing for two years, anyway they have agreed to get carreas in now so I’m in the process of that , I refuse to be ffffed at after spending 8 hours a day with them , but no apology from his father stubborn so & so ,  but it was all aired today and I will make the phone all tomorrow to start the ball rolling, taken advice from a few on here 😔

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DamianG said:

Thanks in advance.

I done a lot of research on tower fans for my new flat , being a lady of a certain age 😉 I need a fan to cool me down at night and blowing in my face and not disturbing my husband’s sleep and brought a climax control one 43 inch high , 3 wind speeds, 12 hour timer , sleep mode meaning it starts of normal then every 30 minutes it drops down wind speeds to keep the bedroom at a even temperature, very quiet last night and I’ve just ordered another one today £109 Amazon , review was quieter than a dyson fans , it is big but I wanted something modern and quiet and it has a remote but a bit sticky, I like the different modes you can do and set a time for it to go off .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Thats what I needed today Kalos, full blown argument today with in-laws both my husband and myself had words today full on blow out for me and been crying all day because of it , because it’s not like me but it’s been brewing for two years, anyway they have agreed to get carreas in now so I’m in the process of that , I refuse to be ffffed at after spending 8 hours a day with them , but no apology from his father stubborn so & so ,  but it was all aired today and I will make the phone all tomorrow to start the ball rolling, taken advice from a few on here 😔

Oh dear.Hopefully things will get easier when carers are put in place.My Mum was discharged from hospital last year with 4 carers but said she didn't need them because my sister lived nearby! My sister, who still works, insisted that she kept one visit from carers a day and although my Mum still insists she doesn't need help she keeps the one care visit to keep my sister happy Thinking of you.Take Care

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Not nice for you but the outcome is good - get those carers in asap! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Despite it being a horrid day for you - it might actually have been a big turning point for you in starting to step back from all that you do.
Good luck.

Gill x

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

I really want to say something here, but I doubt it would get past the mods !

My excuse is under my distress yesterday, I’ve now realise I’ve spelt it wrong 😂😂 so here’s a photo with the correct spelling, so funny re reading my post , 

373AF11A-FC63-4E5C-8333-2156C9342A8E.jpeg

351D4699-FFF1-4C88-B642-828F03539BEC.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I done a lot of research on tower fans for my new flat , being a lady of a certain age 😉 I need a fan to cool me down at night and blowing in my face and not disturbing my husband’s sleep and brought a climax control one 43 inch high , 3 wind speeds, 12 hour timer , sleep mode meaning it starts of normal then every 30 minutes it drops down wind speeds to keep the bedroom at a even temperature, very quiet last night and I’ve just ordered another one today £109 Amazon , review was quieter than a dyson fans , it is big but I wanted something modern and quiet and it has a remote but a bit sticky, I like the different modes you can do and set a time for it to go off .

I might try one of those, I’m also at that age, I’m either very hot or freezing and rarely anything in between. I often need a fan at night but when I use our tower one I can’t sleep with the noise.

I hope you have a better day today and that things improve now you have a plan going forward, some light at the end of the tunnel.

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

My excuse is under my distress yesterday, I’ve now realise I’ve spelt it wrong 😂😂 so here’s a photo with the correct spelling, so funny re reading my post , 

373AF11A-FC63-4E5C-8333-2156C9342A8E.jpeg

351D4699-FFF1-4C88-B642-828F03539BEC.jpeg

Easy mistake,Anne Summers and Amazon must be close together when googling.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Just catching up from yesterday Sandra and seen your post.  Upsetting yes, but maybe the catalyst for change.  Something needed to give - for your health and sanity.  Strike while this iron is still very hot!  Look after yourself and best wishes.  Jane.x 

• Like 2

Hi from extremely hot west midlands. Have one foot in bucket of cold water. Got bitten monday evening on my ankle. Yesterday morning looked I had an egg on my ankle. Last night whole foot was swollen and today the same. So I am soaking my foot in very cold water to try and reduce the swelling. This is the 3rd year running I have had a reaction to a bite. 2 yrs ago had to have antibiotics as finger was turning black and 3 bites on back all oozing. Had same problem last year but thankfully no antibiotics. Don't know why I am getting this reaction. They don't attack dh (don't blame them)!!! just me. If swelling not down by tomorrow will have to e-mail doctor. Just don't like bothering them for just a bite.😁