P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all, looks nice and sunny outside my window at the moment. 
Was mostly sunny when I had my grandson yesterday, but he didn’t want to go in the garden much so was mostly indoors. My son picked him up at 2pm so I thought I’d have a nice sit in the garden but it greyed over and chucked it down! Typical!

I’m back to my original Thursday lates now (hooray!) as someone has left and they gave me the choice before they gave the new lady a late day- so now she’s stuck with Fridays! 

Trying to get excited for my weekend in Southampton but the weather is looking very iffy 😔

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, looks nice and sunny outside my window at the moment. 
Was mostly sunny when I had my grandson yesterday, but he didn’t want to go in the garden much so was mostly indoors. My son picked him up at 2pm so I thought I’d have a nice sit in the garden but it greyed over and chucked it down! Typical!

I’m back to my original Thursday lates now (hooray!) as someone has left and they gave me the choice before they gave the new lady a late day- so now she’s stuck with Fridays! 

Trying to get excited for my weekend in Southampton but the weather is looking very iffy 😔

I took our little one to the park yesterday morning and all he wanted to do was play with his pushchair straps 🥴

Good news about your shift change.

I hope the forecast changes for Saturday! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I took our little one to the park yesterday morning and all he wanted to do was play with his pushchair straps 🥴

Good news about your shift change.

I hope the forecast changes for Saturday! 

Typical, bless them 😊

Thanks, I was the only one who had to change my late and it is annoying as weekend breaks can’t be arranged . Also John works weekends a lot so we used to like to go out for a late lunch on a Friday 😊

Not very nice, weather wise down here this morning. Heavy showers and looking very misty out over the coast. I'm working this afternoon so won't make a lot of difference to me.

Hope the rest of you enjoy your day, whatever you may have planned.

5 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Nice and sunny here as well.  Off to the South African butchers later to get some boerewors and biltong for when the gang come round to watch the final Lions test 🏉🏉🏉

Good to have your own teeth innit.

• Haha 1

Dull morning has turned into a thoroughly wet afternoon.  I feel so sorry for the obvious holidaymakers, traipsing about in their parkas.  Hopefully better tomorrow.

We’ve just had an enjoyable lunch with my sis and b-i-l.  45 minute drive, to meet in a good pub halfway between us.  Feels like going halfway round the world, compared with our usual maximum 20 minutes - or our even more usual, just walk

Hope the day is panning out well for everyone

• Like 1

20°C partly cloudy but very windy day.

Paulines car passed its MOT this morning so after taking her car home we went out in my car and had chips at the beach.

We spent almost 5 hours at the beach then watched Marella Explorer formerly Celebrity MV Galaxy leaving North Shields.

Graham.

IMG_20210805_145027.jpg

IMG_20210805_170253.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

20°C partly cloudy but very windy day.

Paulines car passed its MOT this morning so after taking her car home we went out in my car and had chips at the beach.

We spent almost 5 hours at the beach then watched Marella Explorer formerly Celebrity MV Galaxy leaving North Shields.

Graham.

IMG_20210805_145027.jpg

IMG_20210805_170253.jpg

Ooh isn’t Celebrity Galaxy the ship Jane Macdonald was on in ‘The cruise’ 😊

• Like 2

Good Morning Everyone

Well it's finally here. One more sleep and we're on our way. I have booked a taxi to take us to Southampton which will arrive at 8.30am and, once poured into said taxi, we're on our way for a week on Virtuosa.  The weather forecast is abysmal, which I'm very disappointed about, so I hope Virtuosa has enough to keep a 15 and a 12 year-old occupied and entertained.  I think the reality of being in sole charge of those two is just setting in. Am I mad or what? No chance of quiet days on the (very wet) balcony for me! 

I will be celebrating my birthday on Sunday. I will be an official Senior Citizen, with a pension, on 8th August and I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering where all those years went. Surely I'm only 36 not 66!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Iona tomorrow too. I know some of you are on her, or travelling down to see her, so give us a wave won't you.

Today, I 'm dropping Teddy off to his carer for the week (I'll miss him terribly), then we're going on to my surgery for the girls to get their lateral flow tests done ( please God negative), then last minute shopping (umbrellas and raincoats if today is anything to go by - it's chucking it down here), and finally out to dinner with my daughter, son-in-law, and the girls.

Sorry this is all about me me me. I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Look after yourselves and stay safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.xxxx

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Well it's finally here. One more sleep and we're on our way. I have booked a taxi to take us to Southampton which will arrive at 8.30am and, once poured into said taxi, we're on our way for a week on Virtuosa.  The weather forecast is abysmal, which I'm very disappointed about, so I hope Virtuosa has enough to keep a 15 and a 12 year-old occupied and entertained.  I think the reality of being in sole charge of those two is just setting in. Am I mad or what? No chance of quiet days on the (very wet) balcony for me! 

I will be celebrating my birthday on Sunday. I will be an official Senior Citizen, with a pension, on 8th August and I'm sitting here scratching my head and wondering where all those years went. Surely I'm only 36 not 66!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Iona tomorrow too. I know some of you are on her, or travelling down to see her, so give us a wave won't you.

Today, I 'm dropping Teddy off to his carer for the week (I'll miss him terribly), then we're going on to my surgery for the girls to get their lateral flow tests done ( please God negative), then last minute shopping (umbrellas and raincoats if today is anything to go by - it's chucking it down here), and finally out to dinner with my daughter, son-in-law, and the girls.

Sorry this is all about me me me. I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Look after yourselves and stay safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.xxxx

I hope you have an fantastic holiday, you definitely deserve it!

It does look like the seacation cruises have chased the good weather so hopefully yours will too.

Good luck with your granddaughters, I’m sure they will be fine, do they enjoy going to the teens clubs?

Happy birthday for Sunday!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Have a wonderful time Jane - you certainly deserve the break away and Happy Birthday for Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be better than predicted.

I’m sure Teddy will have a great time on his holibobs, but if you are anything like me you will hate leaving him.

Bon Voyage (and how nice is it to be able to say those two words again).

Gill x

• Like 2

Have a great time, you poor old geriatric you 😉 You certainly deserve it

Happy Birthday for Sunday 🥂 🎂 

I’m sure the girls will be blown away by MSC bling

🤞for sunny intervals, at the very least.  Lots of ☀️ would be better

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Have a good time Jane,my OH is 66 on Monday.Give us the lowdown on MSC,we were due to cruise the same ship from Barcelona in Oct but decided to cancel due to possible restrictions and we will probably be in Italy then anyway.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone hope you are all ok :classic_smile: It's nice to see life creeping back  to

some sort of normality with a few changes along the way. I see Jane @becket is 

about to be barred from the 18-30 holiday club :classic_wink: It's no good worrying about becoming

a pensioner as you will not have time to worry ,you will be busy doing nothing and wonder

where the time goes. My granddad had a happy retirement ,he used to boast how he made 

love everyday at 82 but my Nan wasn't too impressed as they lived at 49 :classic_ohmy:

I hope you have a lovely cruise and I'm sure the girls have been instructed by mum to 

look after you so your in safe hands .:classic_smile: Have a great cruise ,you deserve it !

Today I'm sat in again waiting for a local parcel to be delivered that has been coming 

since Tuesday by tracked mail ,to be fair they have kept me updated where in the country

it has been sent to by mistake ,Norwich been it's last stop ! As I said earlier life is so busy 

being retired ,I could not possibly fit a job into my life .. not enough time :classic_wink:

Whatever your all doing with your time today ,have a good one and stay safe . :classic_love:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I hope you have an fantastic holiday, you definitely deserve it!

It does look like the seacation cruises have chased the good weather so hopefully yours will too.

Good luck with your granddaughters, I’m sure they will be fine, do they enjoy going to the teens clubs?

Happy birthday for Sunday!!

Thanks so much Sarah. I think Tuesday onwards may improve weather-wise so fingers crossed. Unfortunately the girls don't, or haven't so far, enjoyed the kids clubs. Having said that, now that they're a bit older, they might give it a go because they will be able to hang-out together. In the past, they had to go to two separate age clubs. We'll see! Thanks again. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Have a wonderful time Jane - you certainly deserve the break away and Happy Birthday for Sunday. Hopefully the weather will be better than predicted.

I’m sure Teddy will have a great time on his holibobs, but if you are anything like me you will hate leaving him.

Bon Voyage (and how nice is it to be able to say those two words again).

Gill x

Hi Gill and thanks for your good wishes. I'm already panicking about leaving Teddy. All the "what ifs" - you know how it is. He will of course have a great time - it's me, his mother, who's being over-protective. Yes, lovely to hear the words "bon voyage" again. I will report all on my return. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 2

Bit stressed at the mo.It's a constant high 30s low 40s in Calabria now.Helicopters and planes scooping water just off the beach for small wildfires in the mountains are common this time of year but there has been a serious fire now for a few days.We are quite a way from this but our Italian neighbour at the end of our complex is bombarding me with emails about the Russians garden inbetween us which has grown into a tinderbox jungle cos they haven't been there for 18 months due to covid.I'm now conducting negotiations between Moscow,our gardener and the irate neighbour,I feel like bloody Henry Kissinger.On top of this my BIL has got his completion date for his move from Canvey to Upminster on the 20th.We have POA  due to his onset of dementure.We're dumping all his goods and chatels and taking him and the immediate family to Portsmouth on the 21st for my OH's belated birthday .When all this is over we can finally drive to Italy for 3 months and chill out as long as our house hasn't burnt down.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Have a great time, you poor old geriatric you 😉 You certainly deserve it

Happy Birthday for Sunday 🥂 🎂 

I’m sure the girls will be blown away by MSC bling

🤞for sunny intervals, at the very least.  Lots of ☀️ would be better

Thanks Eddie. You're right about the bling - they'll love it - nothing restrained about teenagers! As it happens I do feel a bit geriatric today but that’s because I've got loads to do, much running around,  and the thought of it is a bit daunting - poor old soul. I'll be fine once the tests have been done - free of Covid worry hopefully. Thanks for your good wishes Eddie. Have a great weekend. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Have a good time Jane,my OH is 66 on Monday.Give us the lowdown on MSC,we were due to cruise the same ship from Barcelona in Oct but decided to cancel due to possible restrictions and we will probably be in Italy then anyway.Cheers,Brian.

Thanks Brian and happy birthday to your OH for Monday. August 1955 was a good year! Yes I'm interested to see how MSC compares to P&O and I will give a full report on my return. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone hope you are all ok :classic_smile: It's nice to see life creeping back  to

some sort of normality with a few changes along the way. I see Jane @becket is 

about to be barred from the 18-30 holiday club :classic_wink: It's no good worrying about becoming

a pensioner as you will not have time to worry ,you will be busy doing nothing and wonder

where the time goes. My granddad had a happy retirement ,he used to boast how he made 

love everyday at 82 but my Nan wasn't too impressed as they lived at 49 :classic_ohmy:

I hope you have a lovely cruise and I'm sure the girls have been instructed by mum to 

look after you so your in safe hands .:classic_smile: Have a great cruise ,you deserve it !

Today I'm sat in again waiting for a local parcel to be delivered that has been coming 

since Tuesday by tracked mail ,to be fair they have kept me updated where in the country

it has been sent to by mistake ,Norwich been it's last stop ! As I said earlier life is so busy 

being retired ,I could not possibly fit a job into my life .. not enough time :classic_wink:

Whatever your all doing with your time today ,have a good one and stay safe . :classic_love:

Thanks Kalos.  You are so right about the girls behaving -  on pain of torture and death from their mum and dad! I have full permission to tip them over the side if they play up. Hope the parcel arrives - eventually. Keep well and best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 2