P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have too discovered a new phobia Avril  and it's called spending 2 hours with Mrs Kalos in 

Dunelm .First time in a big store for a couple of years and most people wore masks and I felt 

quite safe but I did fear for my wallet .:classic_ohmy:

Heartening to know that you felt safe Kalos, as my first time to venture  out is coming soon. I facetimed with my friend yesterday, she has to go to the opticians and has threatened/coerced/shamed me into meeting her in town. I'm waiting for her to make the appointment and let me know when. I'm looking forward to it now, well kind of🥴.

Avril

• Like 6

Hello again Mercury.

It's good to see you posting. I and others had been wondering if all was well with you. I hope both yourself and Mrs M are still alright as I know you were very worried earlier on due to the pandemic.

Take care.

Avril

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Heartening to know that you felt safe Kalos, as my first time to venture  out is coming soon. I facetimed with my friend yesterday, she has to go to the opticians and has threatened/coerced/shamed me into meeting her in town. I'm waiting for her to make the appointment and let me know when. I'm looking forward to it now, well kind of🥴.

Avril

I am sure you will have a great catch up with your friend

Michelle

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hello again Mercury.

It's good to see you posting. I and others had been wondering if all was well with you. I hope both yourself and Mrs M are still alright as I know you were very worried earlier on due to the pandemic.

Take care.

Avril

Thank you Avril,

Still keeping away from the world, but nesting between home, and at our holiday home.

Weekly delivery of Provincials sorted, as we have a priority slot.

Current cruising offerings do not work for us, have been looking at some of the longer cruises in late 2002 with Ambassador, however not booking anything at this time.

We would only cruise Arcadia or Aurora with P&O, so nothing at this time anyway.

In all honesty still deeply concerned, a few friends double dosed for some months have caught covid very ill, but fortunately not hospitalised but did also caused secondary complications.

We all have to deal with it in our own way, as only we, are aware of our own circumstances and responsibilities. Keep safe everyone!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I've been watching the comings and goings on Iona on Solent Ships today.  Fascinating.

I can't wait to hear the views/reviews of those that left it this morning.

Busy evening on the Solent tonight 5 ships going out .

MARELLA EXPLORER          14-Aug-2021 17:00    
REGAL PRINCESS                14-Aug-2021 17:00    
CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE   14-Aug-2021 18:00    
MSC VIRTUOSA                   14-Aug-2021 19:00    
IONA                                      14-Aug-2021 21:00

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

We all have to deal with it in our own way, as only we, are aware of our own circumstances and responsibilities. Keep safe everyone!

Very true Mercury and you two take care as well.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Thank you Avril,

Still keeping away from the world, but nesting between home, and at our holiday home.

Weekly delivery of Provincials sorted, as we have a priority slot.

Current cruising offerings do not work for us, have been looking at some of the longer cruises in late 2002 with Ambassador, however not booking anything at this time.

We would only cruise Arcadia or Aurora with P&O, so nothing at this time anyway.

In all honesty still deeply concerned, a few friends double dosed for some months have caught covid very ill, but fortunately not hospitalised but did also caused secondary complications.

More or less the same here. Our next door neighbour 70, double jabbed, caught covid 3 weeks ago. She was very poorly and in bed for almost a fortnight. Luckily she didn't have to be hospitalised, but it was touch and go for a few days. She's still very weak and doesn't look well at all.

We have a cruise booked on Aurora for October 2022 so I'm keeping everything crossed.

We're not quite out of the woods yet and still need to be careful, and as you say, we have to deal with things the way we feel is safe for us. 

I'm relieved both you and  Mrs M are doing well.

Stay safe and take extra care.

Avril

• Like 2

We have tears in the house... 😭

Michelle is inconsolable and vowing never to cruise again... 💔

Apparently, the raspberry creme brulee has been dropped from the P&O drinks offering... 

Disgusting behaviour, standards have dropped... 

Probably replaced with 'Jaeger bombs' 😊😊😊

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

56 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

The Jaeger bombs are now solely reserved for MDR folk who are obese, covered in tats, wearing a baseball hat backwards,vest and shorts,complete with fag hanging from a corner of the mouth, and shouting "how much did you pay for your cruise " .....and that's just the women 😜🤣

You've met my wife then!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Apparently, the raspberry creme brulee has been dropped from the P&O drinks offering... 

Andy 

Andy

Off Iona this morning.

A raspbery brulee cocktail of some kind was available in The Crows Nest.

Hope this restores Michelle's faith.

Jules

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Half a dozen Snake-Bites  should console her Andy :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Graham,  I agree, but what I find worse, is the reaction of MSC management !

How about everyone on here posting on the MSC board about the misogynistic attitude of MSC management ? It might shake things up a bit.

I think an email to MSC CEO would be a start for Jane to get her cruise fare refunded.

I agree their onboard management are not setting the right example and by not doing this they are putting female passengers and female crew at risk.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good point Wowzz. I'll do that. Thanks. Jane.x

If it helps,  I'm sure many of us here will post similar messages. If suddenly 20 warnings appear on the MSC forum,  warning bells will start ringing! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kalos said:

That is shocking and I would be busy writing reviews on Trip advisor-Trust-pilot-mush -book 

and any other review outlet I could lay my hands on . My best wishes and heart go out to you

and your girls-Take Care :classic_love:

I totally agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If it helps,  I'm sure many of us here will post similar messages. If suddenly 20 warnings appear on the MSC forum,  warning bells will start ringing! 

I really appreciate this Wowzz. Jane.x

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I think an email to MSC CEO would be a start for Jane to get her cruise fare refunded.

I agree their onboard management are not setting the right example and by not doing this they are putting female passengers and crew at risk.

Graham.

I agree, but not sure how the crew are being put at risk? 

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Sorry to hear that your long anticipated holiday wasn’t good, well worse than that, awful. Don’t think twice about the man’s dismissal - he should be dismissed asap. Hope you get a response. 

I absolutely agree 100%.

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

I really appreciate this Wowzz. Jane.x

Jane - just post on the MSC board.  We will all pile in behind you.  

I know that you are following the correct procedure by writing to the CEO, but other options can be just as effective.  You should also post on the MSC face flannel site.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I agree, but not sure how the crew are being put at risk? 

We have spoken to female crew members on cruises and some have said they have been put in situations by male crew like the waiter Jane's granddaughter encountered.

• Like 2