P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Jane - just post on the MSC board.  We will all pile in behind you.  

I know that you are following the correct procedure by writing to the CEO, but other options can be just as effective.  You should also post on the MSC face flannel site.

I've done it Wowzz - on the MSC board under the heading of Warning to Parents of Teenage Girls. I hope you don't mind but I've more or less used your suggested wording. Jane.x

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I've done it Wowzz - on the MSC board under the heading of Warning to Parents of Teenage Girls. I hope you don't mind but I've more or less used your suggested wording. Jane.x

Excellent!

I feel really strongly about this, especially about the attitude  of the management on board.

Hopefully everyone on here will keep bumping up your post on the MSC forum.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hmm - your post hasn't appeared as yet. Perhaps the Cruise Critic mods don't want to upset one of their advertisers!

See if this post stays online! 

Jane - perhaps repost with a less confrontational title, ( eg Bar Staff Attitudes) and see if that will get past the mods.   

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Graham,  I agree, but what I find worse, is the reaction of MSC management !

How about everyone on here posting on the MSC board about the misogynistic attitude of MSC management ? It might shake things up a bit.

Getting really heavy, an email to the MSC executive chairman. Pierfrancesco vago, who is also the current Global chairman of CLIA may wake them up. On the MSC corporate website they boast about their standards and compliance with systems like ISO 9001. A fundamental requirement of 9001 is a formal complaints procedure. Various executive email addresses are given on their corporate website and an email to the press office can work wonders. For serious issues I find that bypassing the local or divisional oiks and going straight to corporate directors can pay off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jane - I have taken the liberty of posting your experience on the MSC board. I don't think it will be there for long, and I will probably be banned for life, but if it makes the smallest difference,  it will be worth it.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, July morning said:

Well I haven't seen either post, very poor if they aren't being able to been seen!  Parents and guardians need to be made aware of this.

Please go on MSC board and support my post. Easy to find, whilst it is still there!

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Jane - I have taken the liberty of posting your experience on the MSC board. I don't think it will be there for long, and I will probably be banned for life, but if it makes the smallest difference,  it will be worth it.

Well played Wowzz👏👏

Unfortunately, seems like it didn't last long at all. 

Andy 

• Like 1

It looks like it is going to be another nice day , sun and blue skies already. 

I am just about to go for a other day at the fun factory aka the vaccination centre.  I don't know why but yesterday I think we attracted every strange person from miles around hopefully it will be a bit calmer today.  We had quite a lot of younger people in for their first dose so that was good.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

I agree Graham. He should be sacked - he's a predator. I wish I had decked him now!  Jane.x

You're too much of a lady, and that satisfaction would have only lasted for a moment. The route you are taking will have far more reaching and satisfying results. It will also protect other young girls that could have crossed his path in the future.

Avril

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thank you so much Gill. Whatever happened I'm so happy to be reunited with my Teddy. What a welcome I got. Take care and best wishes. Jane.x

Best part about returning from holiday is the welcome our dogs give us. Bet Teddy has given you a thorough wash and cleansed you from anything MSC …..🐶

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Quite right.  I would also post on the MSC board on CC. No need to go into specifics,  but a warning to parents of teenage girls about lecherous bar staff would be sufficient to provoke a reaction. 

I agree Wowzz. It needs posting on the MSC board because there's every likelihood that MSC wont want to broadcast it, and they may not even dismiss him.

Avril

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who has tried to support my cause - especially to you Wowzz for at least getting a brief showing of your post on my behalf. I've had more recognition and support from my friends on here, in the short time I've been home, than from the MSC seniors who didn't want to know. I thank you all sincerely. Tomorrow I will send my letter to the CEO. I am determined that this appalling incident will be highlighted and adressed. 

What would I do without you guys? You're all great. Thank you. Jane.x

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It looks like it is going to be another nice day , sun and blue skies already. 

I am just about to go for a other day at the fun factory aka the vaccination centre.  I don't know why but yesterday I think we attracted every strange person from miles around hopefully it will be a bit calmer today.  We had quite a lot of younger people in for their first dose so that was good.

Have a good day everyone.

Josy, I thought you were giving up? Have you had a re-think? Jane.x

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

If it helps,  I'm sure many of us here will post similar messages. If suddenly 20 warnings appear on the MSC forum,  warning bells will start ringing! 

I'm with you wowzz. This kind of thing needs stamping out now.

Avril

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You're too much of a lady, and that satisfaction would have only lasted for a moment. The route you are taking will have far more reaching and satisfying results. It will also protect other young girls that could have crossed his path in the future.

Avril

I know you're right Avril but I would so have enjoyed that moment! My only concern is the safety of future young girls and I won't rest now until I have a satisfactory resolution. Have a good day. Jane.x

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Best part about returning from holiday is the welcome our dogs give us. Bet Teddy has given you a thorough wash and cleansed you from anything MSC …..🐶

He has Gill. There's nothing like a welcome from our dogs - and it saved me from having to take off my make-up! All traces of MSC are now removed. Have a good day Gill. Jane.x

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Jane. I think that face cloth might be a better bet, I doubt that their moderation will be as supportive of a cruise line as this forum.

Once posted do let us all know on here and we can pile in with our support.

I will John and thanks for your advice. Jane.x

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks to everyone who has tried to support my cause - especially to you Wowzz for at least getting a brief showing of your post on my behalf. I've had more recognition and support from my friends on here, in the short time I've been home, than from the MSC seniors who didn't want to know. I thank you all sincerely. Tomorrow I will send my letter to the CEO. I am determined that this appalling incident will be highlighted and adressed. 

What would I do without you guys? You're all great. Thank you. Jane.x

You have our support Jane.

Zap has given excellent advice as well as Wowzz.

It is worrying the onboard management did nothing about this waiter which would be a concern for all parents who have young girls on board where their safety is important.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a frequent follower (but minimal contributor) I’m very saddened to hear of the experience encountered by Beckett on her MSC cruise.  I’m very sorry for the situation you found yourself in, shameful.

Wowzz’s comment is still on the MSC board under the topic heading “Virtuosa UK - sailing with kids” for those wishing to add their support.

Regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, royallondon said:

As a frequent follower (but minimal contributor) I’m very saddened to hear of the experience encountered by Beckett on her MSC cruise.  I’m very sorry for the situation you found yourself in, shameful.

Wowzz’s comment is still on the MSC board under the topic heading “Virtuosa UK - sailing with kids” for those wishing to add their support.

Regards

Yes, I sneaked that one in, but didnt say anything! Interested to see how long it lasts!

• Like 2