P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Dull and heavy showers down here and all though my phone is telling me it's 17oC is certainly doesn't feel like it!  Shhh, the sun's just come out - wonder how long for?

Belated congratulations for your Wedding Anniversary, Dermotsgirl.

I'm off to work shortly for another fun filled evening. The evening shift can go one of two ways, it's either busy and time flies or dead and 10.30 pm is an eternity away. At least after today I have two days off😀.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It was our 40th wedding anniversary last Sunday.

we had an afternoon tea delivered. There was stacks of it, it lasted us 2 days ! 

B00AB7BC-F24F-443F-8954-EB8D5B6109E4.thumb.jpeg.133ace08bc41ddb597d650dec247a023.jpegF49D02C5-4414-42C4-8B6D-A90C7CF6E75C.thumb.jpeg.d9b9f0f69fdcca76ba87031b05a08ce6.jpeg

Belated anniversary wishes, that looks amazing 😊

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Wow.. and very reasonable too.  I'm going to send a gift voucher to my daughter.

They deliver free to us, so I will order as soon as we can celebrate something.   Thanks for that.

Did you see my reply about the country park? 

We decided that since we aren't cruising this year we would treat ourselves so we have been out and ordered a new car today.  It is the first time that we have bought a Ford and we were astounded to learn that the delivery time is currently 10 - 12 weeks, neither of us have ever had such a long wait for a car.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. 

Dull, cool, and overcast here this morning, a decidedly autumnal feel is in the air.  We seem to be in for another long Autumn/Winter. Frank covered the all the garden furniture up yesterday as it's doubtful it will be needed again until next year. I can't believe it's only the middle of August, it feels more like October!! The predicted August heatwave never arrived, and they're now saying possibly September. I'll believe it when I see it.🙄

We've nothing planned for today, and I hope everyone has a good day whatever you decide to do. 

Take care.

Avril

It is miserable weather here too.  David put all of our garden furniture away on Monday because we don't  imagine that we are going to spend much more time outside this "summer".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We decided that since we aren't cruising this year we would treat ourselves so we have been out and ordered a new car today.  It is the first time that we have bought a Ford and we were astounded to learn that the delivery time is currently 10 - 12 weeks, neither of us have ever had such a long wait for a car.

You are lucky to even be able to place an order! Toyota have just announced they are cutting production by 40%.  World wide shortage of electronic chips to blame. 

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You are lucky to even be able to place an order! Toyota have just announced they are cutting production by 40%.  World wide shortage of electronic chips to blame. 

Good old Fords of Dagenham.Made from top to bottom there.The most electronic bit was the distributor and rotor arm,lol.

6 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It was our 40th wedding anniversary last Sunday.

we had an afternoon tea delivered. There was stacks of it, it lasted us 2 days ! 

B00AB7BC-F24F-443F-8954-EB8D5B6109E4.thumb.jpeg.133ace08bc41ddb597d650dec247a023.jpegF49D02C5-4414-42C4-8B6D-A90C7CF6E75C.thumb.jpeg.d9b9f0f69fdcca76ba87031b05a08ce6.jpeg

Congrats! That’s my idea of a good celebration - but with coffee not tea!

• Like 3

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.

For those of you who were kind enough to help and support me in my 'Great Matter' last weekend, my complaint has now gone to Legal. I will keep you informed.

Something to amuse: At our vaccination hub this week a gentleman had changed his mind about the Astra Zeneca vaccine he'd received, and requested that we EXTRACT the Astra from his body so that he could make a clean start and be given two Pfizers, which he thought he'd prefer. You couldn't make it up could you!

We are starting the Covid boosters at our own surgery, together with flu vaccs, on Sunday 12th September so it's all systems go in preparation.

Apologies for any anniversaries I've missed and advance best wishes for Graham and Pauline for Sunday.

I hope everyone who is sailing this weekend has a great time, calm seas, and good food. Bon voyage to all.

Have a great weekend everyone. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Jane

You're up early.

Glad your complaint has been escalated. 

If you do find a way of extracting the AZ vaccine,  could you let me know - could prove useful in reducing my alcohol levels when a hangover is making my life miserable!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

For those of you who were kind enough to help and support me in my 'Great Matter' last weekend, my complaint has now gone to Legal. I will keep you informed.

Something to amuse: At our vaccination hub this week a gentleman had changed his mind about the Astra Zeneca vaccine he'd received, and requested that we EXTRACT the Astra from his body so that he could make a clean start and be given two Pfizers, which he thought he'd prefer. You couldn't make it up could you!

We are starting the Covid boosters at our own surgery, together with flu vaccs, on Sunday 12th September so it's all systems go in preparation.

Apologies for any anniversaries I've missed and advance best wishes for Graham and Pauline for Sunday.

I hope everyone who is sailing this weekend has a great time, calm seas, and good food. Bon voyage to all.

Have a great weekend everyone. Best wishes. Jane.x

Good to hear that Jane, and that it's finally being taken seriously.

Love the idea of extracting vaccine too!  

Interesting to hear about the September vaccination programme.  We've got our flu jabs lined up for 25 September, and I've been wondering whether the Covid jabs would be lined up to coincide, but PHE don't seem yet to made a final decision on priorities.  I'm assuming the over 70s (does that include 70 year olds?) and the CEVs will be in the first group but that still seems open. Is there any information you're permitted to share at this point, Jane?

Harry

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good to hear that Jane, and that it's finally being taken seriously.

Love the idea of extracting vaccine too!  

Interesting to hear about the September vaccination programme.  We've got our flu jabs lined up for 25 September, and I've been wondering whether the Covid jabs would be lined up to coincide, but PHE don't seem yet to made a final decision on priorities.  I'm assuming the over 70s (does that include 70 year olds?) and the CEVs will be in the first group but that still seems open. Is there any information you're permitted to share at this point, Jane?

Harry

Good Morning Harry.

At the moment we've been told the first call will be for the 70 plus age group and those who are younger but with co-morbidities.  It is all still subject to approval and confirmation but that is what we are preparing for. We also don't yet know which vaccine will be used for the boosters but it is likely to be Pfizer. Fortunately we have a big enough building to accomodate a dedicated mixing-room that the pharmacists can work from. The vaccines can never be left in an unattended room.

We are expecting confirmation next week on the delivery of the flu vaccines at the same time as the Covid boosters.. That was our original instruction, but in the NHS what we were told in August can well change in September! Furthermore, we will be vaccinating other surgeries' patients as well as our own so logistically, and legally, permissions have to be obtained.

I have a meeting this coming Monday 23rd which will give me an update and I'm more than happy to report back on here if this is helpful.

Stay well Harry. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Harry.

At the moment we've been told the first call will be for the 70 plus age group and those who are younger but with co-morbidities.  It is all still subject to approval and confirmation but that is what we are preparing for. We also don't yet know which vaccine will be used for the boosters but it is likely to be Pfizer. Fortunately we have a big enough building to accomodate a dedicated mixing-room that the pharmacists can work from. The vaccines can never be left in an unattended room.

We are expecting confirmation next week on the delivery of the flu vaccines at the same time as the Covid boosters.. That was our original instruction, but in the NHS what we were told in August can well change in September! Furthermore, we will be vaccinating other surgeries' patients as well as our own so logistically, and legally, permissions have to be obtained.

I have a meeting this coming Monday 23rd which will give me an update and I'm more than happy to report back on here if this is helpful.

Stay well Harry. Best wishes. Jane.x 

Very much appreciated Jane - thanks.  If you're able to feed back further I know we'd all appreciate it, but not if it creates any problems for you.

Harry

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very much appreciated Jane - thanks.  If you're able to feed back further I know we'd all appreciate it, but not if it creates any problems for you.

Harry

Happy to Harry. It won't create any problems. The information I/ we are given is the same as we will be giving to our patients. Jane.x 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good morning Jane and all you other lovely people:classic_smile:

It was good to read your getting sorted with other things Jane but it was sad to read you could

not help that poor chap out with the removal of his vaccine:classic_wacko: Thinking about it though it could have been a lot worse. What if he had  a brain  transplant and then changed his mind ? :classic_unsure::classic_wacko:

Strange people eh ?  Must dash ,off to the Cardio suite this morning to take back a heart

monitor back to the hozzie . So hope you all have a lovely day and stay safe :classic_smile:

Take care :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Hello Jane

You're up early.

Glad your complaint has been escalated. 

If you do find a way of extracting the AZ vaccine,  could you let me know - could prove useful in reducing my alcohol levels when a hangover is making my life miserable!

Hello Wowzz.

Yes, early start and long day for me today but it's Friday so I don't mind.

I'm glad too that my complaint seems like it's being addressed. We'll see if it end up being lip-service or a real investigation. I have to confess that my confidence in them is low to zero. Time will tell but I'll let you know.

If someone, anyone, could invent that extraction process with alcohol they'll be rivalling Bill Gates in the wealth states!

Keep well Wowzz and thanks again for all your support. Jane.x 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning Jane and all you other lovely people:classic_smile:

It was good to read your getting sorted with other things Jane but it was sad to read you could

not help that poor chap out with the removal of his vaccine:classic_wacko: Thinking about it though it could

have been a lot worse. What if he had  a brain  transplant and then changed his mind ? :classic_unsure::classic_wacko:

Strange people eh ?  Must dash ,off to the Cardio suite this morning to take back a heart

monitor back to the hozzie . So hope you all have a lovely day and stay safe :classic_smile:

Take care :classic_love:

We'd have to find the brain first Kalos! Have a great weekend. Jane.x 

• Like 3

On 8/19/2021 at 8:17 AM, Eglesbrech said:

I haven’t been to the illuminations in a long time, are they still as extensive as they were back in the day - all the way from the star gate to past the North pier.

Last time I went to see them was in 1969, apart from 2 conferences in 1990s I haven’t been to Blackpool since. 

• Haha 1