P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Looks like we all feel feel rather the same. 

I also make real Indian curry.  Have about 3 different books.  Nothing like making it from scratch.  I buy my ingredients on Ebay usually, much cheaper than any supermarket.  No Asian grocer near.

Stoke  has a large Asian community  so it is easy to get the Asian ingredients.   The Asian supermarket that I went to is only about  2 miles away so I would normally  drive but the weather was so nice today that I decided to walk off the calories before I ate them 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, grapau27 said:

A number of people have reported the same on other forums and clearing your cache or history on your mobile phone or device seems to work.

Graham.

Tried clearing the cache but it made no difference. Was about to give up again and suddenly thought about using a different browser (to Chrome). Switched browser and so far so good!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Tried clearing the cache but it made no difference. Was about to give up again and suddenly thought about using a different browser (to Chrome). Switched browser and so far so good!

I clear my Google history on my Android mobile phone then I have to re log in but it always works.

Usually turning my phone off then back on again re-sets any problems.

2 hours ago, emam said:

Hi Graham, it was lovely to see Pauline today, I hope I didn't get you into trouble. It's a shame you weren't with her, maybe another time we will meet up.

Thanks Elaine.

Pauline enjoyed chatting to you and is okay that I post photos thanks.

We are often there together and I'm really sorry I wasn't there when you met Pauline.

I dropped Pauline and her best friend off this morning for their monthly girly catch up and shopping trip.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I clear my Google history on my Android mobile phone then I have to re log in but it always works.

Usually turning my phone off then back on again re-sets any problems.

I use an Android tablet Graham. I cleared the cache. I always log out of CC and the tablet is shut down every night. Still had problems today but as I say, seems to be okay using the different browser.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

I use an Android tablet Graham. I cleared the cache. I always log out of CC and the tablet is shut down every night. Still had problems today but as I say, seems to be okay using the different browser.

I post on several forum's and heard reports similar to yours from members in the  US, Canada, Australia,New Zealand and Hawaii.

I have had a couple of problems too but doing an  advanced Google history clearing has sorted it every time.

Hopefully everything will be okay for you now.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 2

Good morning hope everyone is well this morning :classic_smile:

The last few days have been busy and we are cooking on gas as they say. Let me explain 

that two years ago our house was getting flooded by our ex neighbour's non existence

drain that was seeping under our property and 18 years on rotted our floor joists, unknown 

to us until part gave way .:classic_ohmy: It was at this time that my heart decided to give me problems

and swiftly followed by a world pandemic. You couldn't make it up could you ?:classic_unsure:

Things were looking dark but using the "Magic boot" I gave to Avril we were determined not 

to be beaten by this !  So two years on I am sat this morning writing this out in our new floor/

refurbished living room .We got there in the end as we always do :classic_love:

Never give up guys and keep safe :classic_smile:

20190911_173117.thumb.jpg.2ddec99676f3ce1832a337718e2c454f.jpg

20210812_105917.thumb.jpg.d903a327224210ecc2252f5cbb575687.jpg

20210812_105930.thumb.jpg.49acff7c744fb0bdaff40566e2dccb49.jpg

believe-good-things-on-way-2-220x300.jpg.f5dfd5c9baa6bab40d151b12ec4b3f63.jpg

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sharon glad you had a good cruise, welcome back.

Would you be able to share your views on the pros and cons of SAGA v P&O. It would be interesting to hear what these relative lines do well / could improve by comparison (and taking account of the difference in price).

I haven’t sailed with SAGA yet but it’s defiantly one I want to try so time.

I wrote a live blog on the Saga boards. Forgive the spelling errors on it as I dictated it onto my tablet to save time! For me the big thing is included transport and insurance. As for the onboard experience - larger cabins, superb food (although less choice than P&O) and all-inclusive make for a relaxed cruise. I'll post a more detailed comparison in a day or so - have pre-op today for open heart surgery so a bit on edge!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’ve heard exactly the same from friends who used always to cruise with P&O, but now cruise only with Saga.  They’re absolutely converted and won’t go back.

The only downside is pricing, but how much of a difference there is I’m not sure because direct comparisons are difficult.

If you drink alcohol in moderate amounts, and always book a balcony cabin, then it compares pretty equally. It  starts to look very expensive if you always book an inside, never drink and live close to the port.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

The last few days have been busy and we are cooking on gas as they say. Let me explain 

that two years ago our house was getting flooded by our ex neighbour's non existence

drain that was seeping under our property and 18 years on rotted our floor joists, unknown 

to us until part gave way .:classic_ohmy: It was at this time that my heart decided to give me problems

and swiftly followed by a world pandemic. You couldn't make it up could you ?:classic_unsure:

Things were looking dark but using the "Magic boot" I gave to Avril we were determined not 

to be beaten by this !  So two years on I am sat this morning writing this out in our new floor/

I can sympathise totally with you.
Four years ago we decided to put down a new kitchen floor. When we took the floor up it was soaking underneath. A water pipe in the hall was squirting water out and had been for months. The whole house except the lounge was affected(all on one level). We had to move out for eight months, industrial dryers in, new bathrooms, re plastered and decorated,  new carpets, absolutely everything. They broke the granite worktops in the kitchen so they had to be replaced. It was like a new house when we moved back in. The cost to the insurance company must have been huge!! 

It is all very stressful and I sympathise with you

Michelle 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

If you drink alcohol in moderate amounts, and always book a balcony cabin, then it compares pretty equally. It  starts to look very expensive if you always book an inside, never drink and live close to the port.

That’s interesting, Sharon. We live a couple of hundred miles from the port, can take or leave alcohol, and always book an aft suite for the extra space. 

Not sure how that would compare, but I’ll take a look. I hear excellent reports about the much higher standards all round than today’s P&O.

16 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I wrote a live blog on the Saga boards. Forgive the spelling errors on it as I dictated it onto my tablet to save time! For me the big thing is included transport and insurance. As for the onboard experience - larger cabins, superb food (although less choice than P&O) and all-inclusive make for a relaxed cruise. I'll post a more detailed comparison in a day or so - have pre-op today for open heart surgery so a bit on edge!

Oh goodness - hope all goes well with pre-op. An anxious time for you.

Best of luck Sharon.

Gill x

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

The normal cancellation policy would be 50% Jean 57-90 days. 

How do others read this, as far as I understand if you do not pay your final balance you lose your deposit which in my case is £85. If you pay the final balance and cancel later you lose part of what you have paid, for example the 50% loss for 57-90 days. They can't force you to pay the final balance because they do not have authorisation to do so!

Surprisingly I have not received any emails about this, almost as if P&O can't be bothered.

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

How do others read this, as far as I understand if you do not pay your final balance you lose your deposit which in my case is £85. If you pay the final balance and cancel later you lose part of what you have paid, for example the 50% loss for 57-90 days. They can't force you to pay the final balance because they do not have authorisation to do so!

Surprisingly I have not received any emails about this, almost as if P&O can't be bothered.

I would agree with your reasoning Dave.

• Like 1

Just found this on the P&O site

Failure to pay the balance by the due date shall entitle P&O Cruises to cancel the booking and retain the deposit by way of a cancellation charge. Failure to pay any other amount by the due date shall entitle P&O Cruises to cancel the booking and to retain an amount by way of a cancellation charge as set out in clause 38.

Clause 38 says

booking - 91 days - deposit

90-57 days - 50%

56-42 days - 66%

41-16 days - 75%

15-6 days - 90%

less than 6 days - 100%

I have just noted that today I have been with Cruise critics for ten years today ! :classic_ohmy:

Seems like only yesterday that posters kruzseeka and davecttr welcomed me 

onto the then Thomson cruise boards for advice on a very nice ship called the

Thomson Destiny :classic_love: before evolving into P&O cruises in the end .

Looking forward to the next ten years with you guys :classic_smile:

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I hope the surgery goes well Sharon. I  know how worrying it is to be facing this sort of surgery. My husband had open heart surgery 17 years ago and I  was more worried about it than he was.

I look forward to reading your P&O v Saga comparison.

All the best for today and for the op.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Hope all goes well for you today Sharon

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have just noted that today I have been with Cruise critics for ten years today ! :classic_ohmy:

Seems like only yesterday that posters kruzseeka and davecttr welcomed me 

onto the then Thomson cruise boards for advice on a very nice ship called the

Thomson Destiny :classic_love: before evolving into P&O cruises in the end .

Looking forward to the next ten years with you guys :classic_smile:

We passed our 10 year anniversary  with cruise critic in May and hope to still be cruising for the next 10 years anniversary. 

We started with Carnival (tagged on to the end of a Florida holiday ) we the moved to P&O on Canberra, since then we have done over 50 cruises mainly Princess and P&O with a few Cunard and Celebrity thrown in for variety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Nice living room Kalos.

Pleased you are finally sorted.

I hope your heart is okay.

Take care and stay safe mate 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Thank you.

We have never considered Saga and I have never been on their forum but will have a look at your live blog.

We prefer Royal Caribbean and Princess especially for our loyalty benefits plus P&O because of their sailing from Southampton.

Good luck with the pre-op today and you have our prayers 🙏 that your open heart surgery is extremely successful.

Best wishes.

Graham.