Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Do you know which ship this is? Looks like an R ship but  3 of the Azamara ships are in Scotland and I think Onward is still in Civitavecchia?

Not an R-ship.  That's TUI livery, but I don't know which ship.

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Not an R-ship.  That's TUI livery, but I don't know which ship.

Both Marella Explorer (ex Celebrity Galaxy via Mein Schiff 1) and Marella Explorer II (ex Celebrity Century) are in that area at the moment.

Explorer is scheduled to start U.K. only cruising in June.

23 hours ago, Riocca said:

Both Marella Explorer (ex Celebrity Galaxy via Mein Schiff 1) and Marella Explorer II (ex Celebrity Century) are in that area at the moment.

Explorer is scheduled to start U.K. only cruising in June.

That's Marella Explorer II, ex-Celebrity Century. Subtle hull differences with Galaxy. I did a couple of cruises on Century and she was the most beautiful of those smaller Celebrity ships inside in my view. Lovely stairwells and glass panels.  The original Murano restaurant they created on that ship was a lovely space. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Sometimes when the lights go red I’m lucky to have a great view in the car this week.  This is on the outskirts of South Edinburgh ( in Edinburgh we are reverse to many folks, hills in the south, beach to the north) 

AF776FC9-59EC-4FC1-8878-852FEEEAE63D.jpeg

• Like 9

23 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's Marella Explorer II, ex-Celebrity Century. Subtle hull differences with Galaxy. I did a couple of cruises on Century and she was the most beautiful of those smaller Celebrity ships inside in my view. Lovely stairwells and glass panels.  The original Murano restaurant they created on that ship was a lovely space. 

Phil 

I agree with you, Phil.  We were on Century's last cruise under the Celebrity flag and were hopeful that Celebrity would organise something special on the last day, but they didn't. I seem to recall we got some sort of certificate but that was it.  Very disappointed.

1 hour ago, Medeba said:

I agree with you, Phil.  We were on Century's last cruise under the Celebrity flag and were hopeful that Celebrity would organise something special on the last day, but they didn't. I seem to recall we got some sort of certificate but that was it.  Very disappointed.

We were on Quest in Dubai as Century sailed away on what I believe was her last cruise.

54D83E41-F850-4B6A-BBAB-5DB08015E5E2.thumb.jpeg.b316f4f4d0069c3fb412897a1d23c38b.jpeg

We had a fantastic cruise on her in Alaska two years earlier and never thought we would see her again. However if everything goes to plan we will be on her again in January next year, for what we hope is a soft restart to our cruising in the Caribbean flying from our local airport just a 10 minute drive away.

13 minutes ago, Riocca said:

We were on Quest in Dubai as Century sailed away on what I believe was her last cruise.

54D83E41-F850-4B6A-BBAB-5DB08015E5E2.thumb.jpeg.b316f4f4d0069c3fb412897a1d23c38b.jpeg

We had a fantastic cruise on her in Alaska two years earlier and never thought we would see her again. However if everything goes to plan we will be on her again in January next year, for what we hope is a soft restart to our cruising in the Caribbean flying from our local airport just a 10 minute drive away.

Century was our first Celebrity vessel and second cruise overall. We always will have a soft spot for her. We loved her open martini bar so you could enjoy the music from below without being deafened and enjoyed many happy nights there 

We did a transatlantic crossing on Century in 2006 and it was a very unforgettable cruise for many reasons.

We had helicopter evacuations and other ill and injured people taken off in mid ocean by a U.S. Aircraft Carrier which came alongside.

Also a person went missing never to be seen again.

It was the first cruise after a refit when they had been adding balconies, they were still welding and finishing things off during the cruise.

For all that we had a great time and loved the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

Riocca.  Thanks for posting the photo.  Century's last voyage with Celebrity was in April 2015 from Dubai to Singapore.  I've now remembered that I was upset when we boarded because we had been upgraded to a concierge room and I wanted the cabin I had selected many months before.  I had to take the upgrade because they had allocated our cabin to someone else (we had arrived on a late flight and the cruise was leaving Dubai the next day).  It all turned out well in the end and it was a fabulous cruise.  I have found the certificate we were given which says "Let this certificate acknowledge that the holder was among our honoured guests celebrating the final cruise of Celebrity Century after twenty years as a proud member of our fleet".

It will be interesting to see what changes have been made under her new ownership.

Edited by Medeba

8 minutes ago, Medeba said:

Riocca.  Thanks for posting the photo.  Century's last voyage with Celebrity was in April 2015 from Dubai to Singapore.  I've now remembered that I was upset when we boarded because we had been upgraded to a concierge room and I wanted the cabin I had selected many months before.  I had to take the upgrade because they had allocated our cabin to someone else (we had arrived on a late flight and the cruise was leaving Dubai the next day).  It all turned out well in the end and it was a fabulous cruise.  I have found the certificate we were given which says "Let this certificate acknowledge that the holder was among our honoured guests celebrating the final cruise of Celebrity Century after twenty years as a proud member of our fleet".

It will be interesting to see what changes have been made under her new ownership.

The pictures are dated 6th April 2015 were on Quest sailing from Dubai to Istanbul. As you say will be interesting to see the changes as both the Chinese and  Marella will have put their stamp on her.

Here are a couple more pictures:

1342571D-DE29-4171-9F9D-D95EFFF484C2.thumb.jpeg.4e621989ea47ef3467b25dcf7c80ab8e.jpeg

DD2D5C3F-E16D-431D-873F-40F2970A5C8B.thumb.jpeg.222e1dd63c339523364a9fb857dc3e95.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

The pictures are dated 6th April 2015 were on Quest sailing from Dubai to Istanbul. As you say will be interesting to see the changes as both the Chinese and  Marella will have put their stamp on her.

Here are a couple more pictures:

1342571D-DE29-4171-9F9D-D95EFFF484C2.thumb.jpeg.4e621989ea47ef3467b25dcf7c80ab8e.jpeg

DD2D5C3F-E16D-431D-873F-40F2970A5C8B.thumb.jpeg.222e1dd63c339523364a9fb857dc3e95.jpeg

We boarded the Century in Auckland Jan 2012 taking in both the North & South Island before heading into Sydney and finishing in Perth.  She proved  to be a wonderful companion throughout and her “mid size” (then) facilities was well suited to the longer then average cruise.  The top picture reminds us of watching her sail out of Fremantle on her next cruise with much envy.   We did sail on her again out of Barcelona for a week.

I suspect more cabins have been squeezed in since leaving Celebrity but there’s not too many of these size ships still sailing.  Fred’s two new ones from HAL of course, being of similar size.

Regards.

9 minutes ago, royallondon said:

I suspect more cabins have been squeezed in since leaving Celebrity but there’s not too many of these size ships still sailing.  Fred’s two new ones from HAL of course, being of similar size.

No the cabin count is still the same as it was with Celebrity at 907, we’ve booked one of the Sky suites (now Junior suites) that Celebrity added on deck 12. Like the extra space and big balconies and of course was very convenient for the Sunset bar, now called the Terrace.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Riocca said:

No the cabin count is still the same as it was with Celebrity at 907, we’ve booked one of the Sky suites (now Junior suites) that Celebrity added on deck 12. Like the extra space and big balconies and of course was very convenient for the Sunset bar, now called the Terrace.

That’s refreshing news and against the current trend.  It’ll be great to receive an update in January and I hope you have a great cruise resumption.
We hope to resume our cruising next June having just booked the Journey for the Greek intensive.  Hopefully cruising will be in a better place in 2022 with protocols reduced and the ability to explore ports by yourself allowed 🤞

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Firstly hope everyone is well.  Here in the UK things are much better so hopeful things starting up again soon. 

As this is an Azamara board, some of you may be interested to know that the 3 ships Journey, Pursuit and Quest are still currently all located at the docks here in Glasgow, Scotland about 15 minutes from my house.  It's lovely too see them when driving in that area but very sad that they're not at sea:classic_sad:

• Like 7

Thank you for posting this elmac.  It is good to have info from someone who is in the know.  How nice to have a busy port 15 mins from your house.  It must be nice to see the ships even though they are not sailing just yet.  it will be a great day when you see them sail away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My second covid jab done today at my local Public Halls in the Eric Morecambe Hall (for those that know who I'm talking about) and it was busy. I queued in the rain. Well worth it though. I think they have stepped things up in light of the Indian variant. Very relieved to get it done and move forward. 

Phil 

• Like 7

DW and I got our 2nd shots on April 11.  We went out to dinner 2 nights ago to celebrate being fully vaccinated and our birthdays.  We have a 52nd anniversary cruise with RCI booked next year with daughter, s-i-l and grandchildren(replacing cancelled 50th ann cruise)   I have att'd a picture of chocolate feast from our last Az cruise, Oct 18, 2019

Phil, I'm happy that you got your shots.  We wish everyone well and hope that you can get your shots also.

PA180256.JPG

• Like 2