PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Well... If I'm there please don't throw me any beads. I don't think you want me to take off my shirt. I think this may be my new theme song. 😵.   Hi Thrak  I love it I can’t stop laughing.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Sorry.  I forgot about Ferd.  Tony are we picking him up in Las Vegas or is he going to meet us on the Gulf Coast?

FWIW:  You don't have to take off your shirt to have beads thrown to you.  I know this can be very complicated, but I'll work with you.  It's really very easy with a little instruction.

Tony how's your eyesite?  Some of the young ladies down here like to raise their blouses and show all to the crowds.  ( Do they do that in Boston)?  Will you be OK with that?  It could happen and we want to make sure your eyesite is good.  Otherwise, are you taking any heart medication?

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Well... If I'm there please don't throw me any beads. I don't think you want me to take off my shirt. I think this may be my new theme song. 😵

Thrak,

I think you're a bit confused here.  You don't take off anything.  Some of the women like to raise their blouses and show what they have.  I haven't seen anyone take it completely off though............Maybe someday.

• Like 1

When I met PapaFej in 1988, my Dodgers were World Series Champions. Since he has been in my life, the Dodgers have not won another World Series. I'm not saying it's his fault. I'm also not saying it's not his fault.

I am happy to say that my Dodgers are going back to the World Series. Let's hope they get it right this time.

Are there any other Dodger fans here? Tampa Bay fans? 

53 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

When I met PapaFej in 1988, my Dodgers were World Series Champions. Since he has been in my life, the Dodgers have not won another World Series. I'm not saying it's his fault. I'm also not saying it's not his fault.

I am happy to say that my Dodgers are going back to the World Series. Let's hope they get it right this time.

Dodger fan here!  Let's go Dodgers😁

• Like 1

Our favorite Chinese restaurant was closed. D'Oh! Should have remembered that many restaurants are closed on Monday. Sigh...

Ah, well. Watched the Chiefs kick some serious hind end earlier today and then watched the Dallas Cowgirls fail. OMG did they fail. They should have let the cheerleaders play. They managed to tie 3rd place for the all time most points given up in the first 6 games. It wasn't really funny, more like sad. One of the commentators when it was almost over commented, "This game was actually over shortly after the national anthem." Wow. My condolences to any Dallas fans out there. (My Packers got totally creamed yesterday so I can understand how you must feel. Aaron Rogers actually coached my daughter's Powder Puff Football team. Yesterday's game looked a bit like they let her team play instead of the regular team.)

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Our favorite Chinese restaurant was closed. D'Oh! Should have remembered that many restaurants are closed on Monday. Sigh...

Ah, well. Watched the Chiefs kick some serious hind end earlier today and then watched the Dallas Cowgirls fail. OMG did they fail. They should have let the cheerleaders play. They managed to tie 3rd place for the all time most points given up in the first 6 games. It wasn't really funny, more like sad. One of the commentators when it was almost over commented, "This game was actually over shortly after the national anthem." Wow. My condolences to any Dallas fans out there. (My Packers got totally creamed yesterday so I can understand how you must feel. Aaron Rogers actually coached my daughter's Powder Puff Football team. Yesterday's game looked a bit like they let her team play instead of the regular team.)

Edited by Reader0108598

Well way to go Dodgers!  We’re Rockies fans, natch, but since the team didn’t cover themselves in glory this year (well, we did beat those Dodgers a few times 😉), we’ll be cheering for them.

COVID positivity passed 6% for our county yesterday as our state sees some big increases. Our local leadership is not taking action yet, hoping that people will become more mindful with a simple “heads up”.  Grrr - dark thoughts for a beautiful day, so it’s time for more coffee and then rake the yard to enjoy that crisp Fall feeling... and maybe do battle with some of those quarantine-pounds.   And hey, we can watch baseball later!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Another Dodger fan here.  I was born and raised in SoCal and my Mom was born in Brooklyn, so we have a long history of bleeding Dodger blue!  I even remember seeing Sandy Kofax pitch in the Coliseum once when I was a kid (guess I can't be coy about my age!). We've been waiting a long time for another World Series Championship, so this is the year!!

• Like 1

Used the Patient Portal to send a note to my doctor asking if the Senior Flu Shots had come in yet. Got a reply that they are now available and to come in today if I like. We immediately hopped in the car and went to the office. We both got our shots (no waiting) so, hopefully, we are good to go for the year - at least for the flu. I almost didn't even feel the injection so I was surprised when I saw the length of the needle and how far it went into my wife's arm. She didn't really feel it either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Used the Patient Portal to send a note to my doctor asking if the Senior Flu Shots had come in yet. Got a reply that they are now available and to come in today if I like. We immediately hopped in the car and went to the office. We both got our shots (no waiting) so, hopefully, we are good to go for the year - at least for the flu. I almost didn't even feel the injection so I was surprised when I saw the length of the needle and how far it went into my wife's arm. She didn't really feel it either.

It'll be sore later 😞 . Totally worth it!

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

So we are taking baseball now. Do you remember when the parks were full of cheering fans and no one had to wear a mask?

The best team in Baseball was my Red Sox. Hear are a couple of pictures to help you remember.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

930F67EA-ECA5-4160-ABBA-9FC943C1CCBC.jpeg

4C6A67C0-6C4F-42A0-ADBB-04F8B491F31A.jpeg

2A9EB3C0-B4FD-43BE-BAB9-52248B836744.jpeg

16 hours ago, Plant said:

It'll be sore later 😞 . Totally worth it!

16 hours ago, memoak said:

I didn’t feel the shot either but 10 hours later I sure did and then ran a bit of a temp for the evening 

Well, it's the next day and I can feel the shot if I press on the spot but otherwise I wouldn't know it's there. The only reason I know I can feel it when I press the spot is because I just now tried. I've never really had any kind of issue with flu shots.

• Like 1

If you pat the spot of the injection before and after, and then move your arm around to “distribute” the vaccine........this has always helped me and it was a nurse that suggested it. Hope it helps those who haven’t gotten their flu shot yet. 

4 minutes ago, judy-judy said:

If you pat the spot of the injection before and after, and then move your arm around to “distribute” the vaccine........this has always helped me and it was a nurse that suggested it. Hope it helps those who haven’t gotten their flu shot yet. 

just scheduled ours for Friday morning at our local Publix - and we each get a $ 10 Publix card - woo-hoo

49 minutes ago, judy-judy said:

I've been told about moving your arm, but not the "patting".   Got mine yesterday.  By afternoon, upper arm was aching a bit, remembered about moving it, so moved my arm over my head for 5 minutes, then did it a few more times during the afternoon.   After that, I was fine.   feel great today 🙂

• Like 1

We got our Flu jabs about a month ago. They are free for over 65s and anyone with an underlying health condition here. Children up to age 11 ( and if they have an underlying health condition ) get a free nasal flu vaccine . One of my Granddaughters can’t have it as she is allergic to eggs, something about egg shells used for something I think. 

The last two years I have had a sore arm as well so will try the moving about trick next year.  This year I watched them do my husbands and as has been said it was a ginormous needle, I was surprised. 

Got our flu shots this morning - didn't even feel the stick, no soreness so far - got our $ 10 Publix cards - picked up a couple of BOGO's - 12 pak SOL beer, couple of bottles of Fog Theory Cab - which I will crack open tonight for wine night by the pool ...

wore my Tampa Bay Rays mask - our son actually flew out this morning for the game tonight

tomorrow ( 10/24 ) is "The 3rd Saturday in October" ( well it's actually the 4th, you know how screwed up 2020 is )

the annual game between Alabama and Tennessee - with Roll Tide being a huge favorite over Rocky Top 

bittersweet day ... I will break out my game day plastic cup which states '57 years of Tennessee-Alabama Football' - tomorrow is  the 103rd meeting ... I will hoist a beer to my late really good friend in high school ( Mike B ) ... he went to Alabama while I went to UTennessee ... Mike must have had some serious demons in his head as he committed suicide about 4 years ago - blew his brains out with a shotgun alone is his basement ... left behind a wife, a son, and a daughter ... 

tears in my eyes ...