PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

31 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Dudley, 😁

I was going to book 20 days on the Sky Princess. We have decided not to take any cruises until they come up with a virus vaccine. My wife and I think it’s just not worth taking a chance going on a cruise. We are lucky that we can go on The Rowboat and have a great time. 
Love Ya 🥰 your Godfather,

DC5B777A-677D-4EBC-86B1-A94A4FB7654D.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Dudley, 😁

I was going to book 20 days on the Sky Princess. We have decided not to take any cruises until they come up with a virus vaccine. My wife and I think it’s just not worth taking a chance going on a cruise. We are lucky that we can go on The Rowboat and have a great time. 
Love Ya 🥰 your Godfather,

DC5B777A-677D-4EBC-86B1-A94A4FB7654D.jpeg

You probably won't believe this but I am working on that vaccine for you.  I am participating in a study to develop a vaccine and it is now in the final stage of testing.  It looks promising and is being done by Pfizer.  I can't contract the virus because only dead virus is being used.  Wish me luck and pray for a good result.  I think there are about 5 other major pharaceutical companies that are in the end stage testing and they are  all looking good.  I firmly believe we are getting close to ending this.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

You probably won't believe this but I am working on that vaccine for you.  I am participating in a study to develop a vaccine and it is now in the final stage of testing.  It looks promising and is being done by Pfizer.  I can't contract the virus because only dead virus is being used.  Wish me luck and pray for a good result.  I think there are about 5 other major pharaceutical companies that are in the end stage testing and they are  all looking good.  I firmly believe we are getting close to ending this.

Hi 1980dory,

I just want to tell you I truly Admire you for participating in such a dangerous study. I wish you all the luck in the world and I will pray for good results soon. 
Tony

• Like 1

I’m supposed to be on a ship right now, sailing to Japan on a B2B2B. 

Instead, this is my view out the windshield of our motor home, and it will be for 8 nights. 

I’m just going to pretend I’m on a balcony, and the ocean shrunk. A lot. 

7DFDA90B-3F0A-47CA-81AD-6740586B5540.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I’m supposed to be on a ship right now, sailing to Japan on a B2B2B. 

Instead, this is my view out the windshield of our motor home, and it will be for 8 nights. 

I’m just going to pretend I’m on a balcony, and the ocean shrunk. A lot. 

7DFDA90B-3F0A-47CA-81AD-6740586B5540.jpeg

I feel your pain.  I was scheduled to be on the Radiance OTS on a B2B2B from YVR to Singapore, and then a week in Singapore before flying home.  Your view is better than mine.... think block walls with shrubs..... 😂  Such a disappointing year, as far as travel goes.  Thankful for the blessings I do have... good health, and hopeful to do these next year.  Stay well everyone.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980dory,

I just want to tell you I truly Admire you for participating in such a dangerous study. I wish you all the luck in the world and I will pray for good results soon. 
Tony

Thanks Tony,

But there's really no danger other than the possiblity of  a traffic accident on the way to the clinic.  I'm getting a dead virus

so there's no chance of contracting it from the testing.

The good news is that we are getting close to a vaccine on many fronts.  Keep the faith.  It's going to happen!  I find that very exciting.

Dudley's Dad

• Like 5

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

It’s 3:45 am I’m on The Rowboat and it’s pouring out outside. I love sleeping on the Rowboat in the rain. Just listening to the rain

above my head remains me of being at my summer camp listening to the rain hitting the tin roof. 
I wish you were all here to enjoy it .

Good Night Love Ya, 🥰

BB7C586C-9F79-41FB-9EF1-3E87D57B9B0A.jpeg

• Like 5

Rain would be wonderful right now, though I am currently using the “waves” option on my sound machine at night.

Our COVID numbers here in El Paso county (Colorado Springs area) are up and we are on the cusp of reinstating more stringent Safer at Home measures if the trend continues.  We continue to hunker, but are fortunate to live on the western edge of town with hills, critters and trees for some great walking options.  Not today though, as we were awakened very early by intensive smoke smells that had us rocketing out of bed make sure we didn’t see active fire (we’re dry dry dry here too).  Luckily it’s just smoke blowing in from our fires up north, but it means no walks today. - I’m guessing all our left-coasters experience this frequently.  Tony, please send some of your lovely rain our way.  There’s an excellent single-malt in it for you if you do...

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1

big storms came thru the last couple of days ... yesterday afternoon around 4:30, not sure you could have surfed on our street, but stand up paddleboard, and boogie boards could have definitely been used

front came thru overnight and temps dropped to 65 this morning - woo-hoo - and should stay that way for a few days

got a store-bought haircut this morning - first since this ***storm corona started 7 months ago now ... wow

#SO-OVER-THIS

stay safe😷

stay hydrated 

• Like 2

Starting my 7th month working from home.  If I look at the positives, I'm saving a fortune on highway tolls and gasoline and I have a couple of extra hours everyday.  My commute is from my kitchen to the home office (TBH, I don't know if I ever want to go back to an office.)  I miss the people that I work with though, so that is a negative.

The trees are starting to really put on a show with the changing leaves (just north of the city).  I can't remember there being so much red and orange in recent years.  Nothing is better than a sunny fall day (except maybe any day on a cruise when there isn't a pandemic).

But ... winter is coming. ❄️

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 9:47 AM, LoriPhil said:

Rain would be wonderful right now, though I am currently using the “waves” option on my sound machine at night.

Our COVID numbers here in El Paso county (Colorado Springs area) are up and we are on the cusp of reinstating more stringent Safer at Home measures if the trend continues.  We continue to hunker, but are fortunate to live on the western edge of town with hills, critters and trees for some great walking options.  Not today though, as we were awakened very early by intensive smoke smells that had us rocketing out of bed make sure we didn’t see active fire (we’re dry dry dry here too).  Luckily it’s just smoke blowing in from our fires up north, but it means no walks today. - I’m guessing all our left-coasters experience this frequently.  Tony, please send some of your lovely rain our way.  There’s an excellent single-malt in it for you if you do...

Hi LoriPhil,

I really wish I could send you and all of my friends in California some rain. All I can send you is my best wishes and prayers.

Good Luck and Stay Safe!!!

Tony

• Like 3

Climate change is real. I remember when the droughts began and we planted the yard with California natives. They all died this summer so I'm redoing it with Mexican natives. And no lawn

It looks like a good day for all of us in Boston today. It’s 1a.m. and I’m go to The Rowboat now so I can start out at sunup. It may be a little cool for some people but I love it. 
I just like to say one thing to my friends Mr. Steelers36 & Lew.

239C0795-C909-457B-AEA7-2C958115D69E.jpeg

18 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

It looks like a good day for all of us in Boston today. It’s 1a.m. and I’m go to The Rowboat now so I can start out at sunup. It may be a little cool for some people but I love it. 
I just like to say one thing to my friends Mr. Steelers36 & Lew.

239C0795-C909-457B-AEA7-2C958115D69E.jpeg

Mahomes and the Chiefs are gonna kick butt on the Pats. 😜

Wohoo - congrats on the vote!  We’re awaiting our ballots and happily, have had a ballot drop-box just a mile from the house.  Can’t wait - have muted all political adds for months, and am eager for this to be done.

• Like 1

I've had a little over five weeks of MT political ads. Two more nights of that, one of ID ads, two of UT ads, then home for at least ten days to take care of a few things, tolerate CA political ads, read my Voter Information Pamphlet, and vote. 

I must say, I really don't miss having to see my "own" ads, and I'm really tired of Montana's!

I do hope that every eligible voter votes, even the ones whose votes cancel my own. I truly believe it's that important. 

Note: I do not think talking about voting is political, it's simply a civic responsibility. If we were to talk about how we voted, or tried to convince others to vote as we do, that would be political. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I've had a little over five weeks of MT political ads. Two more nights of that, one of ID ads, two of UT ads, then home for at least ten days to take care of a few things, tolerate CA political ads, read my Voter Information Pamphlet, and vote. 

I must say, I really don't miss having to see my "own" ads, and I'm really tired of Montana's!

I do hope that every eligible voter votes, even the ones whose votes cancel my own. I truly believe it's that important. 

Note: I do not think talking about voting is political, it's simply a civic responsibility. If we were to talk about how we voted, or tried to convince others to vote as we do, that would be political. 

I totally agree with you about voting every one should. That’s why everyone in MA votes at least 5 times. 😳😳

Tony

• Haha 2

It was very nice today in Boston. To my friends Jo & Tom your always welcome on The Rowboat don’t worry about being safe.

We have at least one life jacket for every three people. 😳😁 

Your Pal,

21BE512B-CCCA-4E66-95EE-BC2DD97578C8.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO