Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

1 minute ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Point being, they are stepping into the world that has not been “quarantined in place” and will be in the proximity of multiple strangers who have been coming and going wherever in the midst of community spread and I believe they are the ones more at risk, albeit low and manageable, again since they will have masks. Our govt won’t even yet tell us all to wear them, but if you are smart you do. 

They are not supposed to be going into the open world, everyone of them is supposed to go home into a 14 day self quarantine in place as a condition of being allowed to dock.  The Mayor of Fort Lauderdale explained this today during a news conference and will be enforced in Florida but who knows in other states.  That is my concern.

19 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@Seasick Sailor & @Copper10-8

just a head’s up Deb’s Mom and Jim have been hospitalized. Tested for Covid-19, no results yet. Please include them in your prayers.

Prayer is a positive healer and the more we do for others and pray for all I truly believe is the healing power!!

Denise😊

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

They are not supposed to be going into the open world, everyone of them is supposed to go home into a 14 day self quarantine in place as a condition of being allowed to dock.  The Mayor of Fort Lauderdale explained this today during a news conference and will be enforced in Florida but who knows in other states.  That is my concern.

Yes, but you were expressing concern about those not on charters and flying regular commercial. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copper10-8 said:

Look, we all hear you but you do know, I hope, that U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC as well as Florida Dept. of Health reps are part of the Broward Incident Command and they signed off on the procedure we are now witnessing take place. If they would have had a problem with it, Zaandam and Rotterdam would still be floating in international waters going in slow circles

Yes sir. My remarks were in response to others’ concerns that SOME would fly commercial, not charter. I’m up on what’s happening and support it 1000%. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Yes sir. My remarks were in response to others’ concerns that SOME would fly commercial, not charter. I’m up on what’s happening and support it 1000%. 

Quoted the wrong person; apologies!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Yes, but they can't get in with the jetway supports in the way.

Okay, here comes another patient.

Exactly.  Prior to the gangway ambulances were lined up on both sides like you saw.  Now only on one side but that may be sufficient.

Edited by bluesea321

27 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

God Bless the USA, God Bless the Unified Command, God Bless the first responders who are working this, and most of all, God Bless the officers, crew, & passengers, both healthy, sick and lost, of the M/S Zaandam and M/S Rotterdam.  We were with you all the way. 

Yes. Absolutely @Aquahound  This can not be said enough. Thank you and God bless!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cccole said:

Is the Rotterdam just sitting in the harbor?  Last I saw was when it came into the harbor close to the Zaandam.  I may have missed them actually docking.  Cherie

They are docked about 30-35 min after Zaandam

• Like 1