Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

Thanks Copper10-8,  I watched the live cam as they came into the harbor and then lost them.  I think I remember that they do not have anyone on-board in need of immediate medical attention.  As usual, thank you for your informed updates.  Cherie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jujuju2 said:

My WSVN-7 feed just ended.  Probably getting too dark.  Now showing previous footage, although it still seems to be labeled "live".

Mine did too, do it’s not just you.

I’m just relieved to see the ill evacuated off as they should be and know that those that can are heading home.

It’s been a tough haul for these people and I am so relieved for all of them.  💕❤️

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, SeaMatesNYC said:

Yes sir. My remarks were in response to others’ concerns that SOME would fly commercial, not charter. I’m up on what’s happening and support it 1000%. 

I heard them state that the international flights were charters, but did not hear any clarification on how the domestic passengers would be accommodated for air travel. Not even sure if any of the international charters are even on the ground at FLL. They may be coming in over the next few days, which is probably why I heard it would be 3-4 days before all the passengers disembarked. 

It was also stated that for the international passengers, they would be loaded onto a sterilized bus and transported directly to the tarmac for boarding, so no one sets foot inside the FLL Terminals. 

1 minute ago, drowelf said:

I heard them state that the international flights were charters, but did not hear any clarification on how the domestic passengers would be accommodated for air travel. Not even sure if any of the international charters are even on the ground at FLL. They may be coming in over the next few days, which is probably why I heard it would be 3-4 days before all the passengers disembarked. 

It was also stated that for the international passengers, they would be loaded onto a sterilized bus and transported directly to the tarmac for boarding, so no one sets foot inside the FLL Terminals. 

If it were me onboard I might have asked that a rental car (in our name, of course) be delivered to the Port Everglades, then driven ourselves home to Georgia.  Not everybody needs a flight if they are within driving distance.  

4 minutes ago, drowelf said:

HAL's Press Release is in link.  Note that:   "Fit-to-travel guests will transfer straight from ship onto buses for transfer directly to the airport for their flights home. The majority will leave on charter flights. Local Florida residents will return home immediately via private car."   

There is no mention regarding the rest of the passengers with domestic flights.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/amsterdam-maasdam-zaandam-updates.html

2 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

Oh... I see on a close-up it is from Oasis of the Seas.

A day or two ago, a previous tender from Oasis disembarked an ill crew member at the FLL Coast Guard Station.  I saw that take place via the web cams.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jujuju2 said:

Perhaps a tender transfer of a patient from Oasis?

11 minutes ago, Petunia1950 said:

Another Oasis of the Seas crew member. 😢

11 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

A ship's tender and a waiting ambulance

Thanks and I'm so glad another is getting the help they need!

image.thumb.png.53c80d304a13c821bff4db6ea51262ec.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

A day or two ago, a previous tender from Oasis disembarked an ill crew member at the FLL Coast Guard Station.  I saw that take place via the web cams.

There is a thread on rcl boards about ill crew members on oasis you can refer to.

I'm in texas and reports of I'll crew in Galveston ships carnival freedom and rcl liberty has 2.

So I did t read thru the oasis thread. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2