Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

3 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

And to all the other people whose names we will never know.

That would be all the members of the Unified Command and their staffs and the HAL management and staff!  They did all the work and will never get the glory.

• Like 10

So thankful that both ships arrived in PE safely!!!!   Wishing a speedy recovery to all those who are sick and safe travels back home to the other passengers.  Thoughts and prayers to the families of the 4 passengers who have passed on.   

• Like 2

Going to have dinner now, but wanted to thank all of the mods and cruising dudes and dudettes for the pictures, info and cheering section today. Thank you for letting me hang out with you guys today! 

• Like 12

Double gangway coming out - there is an ingress and an egress one put out alongside each other. Next up are the handrails. This works is all done by the ship's "Boatmen" aka Lifesaving Attendants, all from Indonesia

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Don't know the situation inside the medical center Cherie; some are hooked up to ventilators; can't just unplug them and roll them down the gangway. Plus this is not a semi-routine single medical disembark; this is a group of ten 😉

John. it is always so nice to get your insider view of what happens on a cruise ship!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, accio_7 said:

Going to have dinner now, but wanted to thank all of the mods and cruising dudes and dudettes for the pictures, info and cheering section today. Thank you for letting me hang out with you guys today! 

You're welcome here anytime.  Come back and visit again.  As a rule it's a nice, helpful bunch on the HAL board.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boytjie said:

Cheers!
I wish I had a Wang Wang....

wangwang1.jpg?w=226

Ditto.  And I am thankful that the ships have docked and that those in need of critical care will be getting it.  God bless all those who have worked so hard in the midst of this disaster.  They're putting their lives on the line.  May God protect them and give them wisdom and guidance.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RevNeal said:

Ditto.  And I am thankful that the ships have docked and that those in need of critical care will be getting it.  God bless all those who have worked so hard in the midst of this disaster.  They're putting their lives on the line.  May God protect them and give them wisdom and guidance.

Good to see you around!

• Like 1