June 13th Cruise?

3 minutes ago, JEN5508 said:

This is awful.. it was for my son's Senior Graduation and now, even that is up in the air...  Sad time for Seniors... Class trips, proms and graduations and now, summer vacations 😞

Jen

Not as awful as those people that are losing their lives. Be real.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JEN5508 said:

This is awful.. it was for my son's Senior Graduation and now, even that is up in the air...  Sad time for Seniors... Class trips, proms and graduations and now, summer vacations 😞

Jen

I had a cruise booked the week before yours, part of my daughter’s senior graduation trip. I cancelled it last week, the day before final payment was due because I don’t think we’ll want to take the cruise that soon, even if it does sail. 

I think it’ll get cancelled, in which case, you’ll get your money back. Personally, I didn’t want to risk that our cruise would sail and that I wouldn’t want to go, and I’d have to make a claim on my insurance to get my money back, so I cancelled it before I had to bother playing roulette with time. 

If something major changes, I’ll just rebook it, even though it’ll cost me more money. If I were you (and I WAS you, last week), I’d cancel. 

My daughter is starting college at Stanford this fall, I’m not risking her getting sick and losing that opportunity for a cruise we can take another time.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, JEN5508 said:

Jen

Sadder times for those that are afflicted with the virus, those who lost jobs and lives.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Sadder times for those that are afflicted with the virus, those who lost jobs and lives.

Is anyone or the op saying that? That is pretty obvious and we all know that. No need to point it out.Shes still entitled her her own feelings. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, JEN5508 said:

Jen

We have the same problem.  We were to leave on May 31.  Not going to happen. Prom, graduation, only two track meets and no signing ceremony for his scholarship.  We will eventually take him on his cruise but it will be more difficult because of his running in college.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Is anyone or the op saying that? That is pretty obvious and we all know that. No need to point it out.Shes still entitled her her own feelings. 

Who says she isn't? Is anyone saying she isn't?

We are entitled to our own feelings. And those are mine.

16 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

We have the same problem.  We were to leave on May 31.  Not going to happen. Prom, graduation, only two track meets and no signing ceremony for his scholarship.  We will eventually take him on his cruise but it will be more difficult because of his running in college.   

That's going to be our problem too... finding time to re-book with 2 kids going to college and there were 8 of us going.  I think we only have 6 months to use our plane tickets.  That's not going to happen with college starting in the Fall.

Jen

56 minutes ago, JEN5508 said:

That's going to be our problem too... finding time to re-book with 2 kids going to college and there were 8 of us going.  I think we only have 6 months to use our plane tickets.  That's not going to happen with college starting in the Fall.

Jen

I was lucky.  AA changed our flight and I called them. They refunded my airfare.  Now I have to wait until the cruise line cancels and I am going to ask for a refund since I have already paid in full.  Our daughter goes to Texas State University in San Marcos and lives in an apartment.  San Marcos has issued a Shelter in Place Order.  
James

2 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

I was lucky.  AA changed our flight and I called them. They refunded my airfare.  Now I have to wait until the cruise line cancels and I am going to ask for a refund since I have already paid in full.  Our daughter goes to Texas State University in San Marcos and lives in an apartment.  San Marcos has issued a Shelter in Place Order.  
James

American Airlines changed ours too... I wonder if they would refund me... I don't want to call just yet though, I know there's a good chance the cruise will get cancelled but hasn't yet...  I would think they would announce soon.

Jennifer