Cruise with Confidence extended through September 1, 2020

gerelmx

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:

I wonder if anyone can answer my question! We’re due to sail late August western Mediterranean heavy on Italian ports, I’m thinking it’s unlikely to happen in its existing sailing, so under CWC we can effectively defer our deposit to a cruise next year?

can I choose that sailing now? the reason for asking is we have annual travel insurance that will still cover us regards CV but only if there is no break in our booking, if we take the FCC and choose another cruise later we wouldn’t be covered- hope this makes sense 

I cancelled when FCC was offered, since I was already in 100% penalty (my cruise was tomorrow, 1st April).

I immediately rebooked another cruise next May on the same ship, so my travel agent applied all my final payment towards this cruise, while keeping my booking number. I'm using a US based travel agent.

In other words, it's not considered a NEW booking.

Try this.

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I cancelled when FCC was offered, since I was already in 100% penalty (my cruise was tomorrow, 1st April).

I immediately rebooked another cruise next May on the same ship, so my travel agent applied all my final payment towards this cruise, while keeping my booking number. I'm using a US based travel agent.

Try this.

Celebrity cancelled our May 10 sailing and we want to book another one for May 2021. Any way I can keep the same booking number, is this possible at all? 

From what I understand Celebrity/TA will apply the FCC towards final payment for the new cruise, but what happens if I need to cancel this sailing? Does the FCC lapse or will I be issued another one?

Thanks for answering!

Edited by prish

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Try this.

That's what I did with a cancelled cruise, however it was outside final payment.  The booking # stayed the same and all was transferred to the new cruise date WITH all the perks, but a penalty on NRD..which was appreciated.  Now I'm thinking of moving my Nov. cruise to next March..different ship etc...so not sure how this will turn out and if I can keep the OBCs and perks.

7 minutes ago, prish said:

Celebrity cancelled our May 10 sailing and we want to book another one for May 2021. Any way I can keep the same booking number, is this possible at all? 

From what I understand Celebrity/TA will apply the FCC towards final payment for the new cruise, but what happens if I need to cancel this sailing? Does the FCC lapse or will I be issued another one?

Thanks for answering!

As I've mentioned, I've decided to book another cruise at the same time as cancelling the present one. Emailed my TA with the detailes of the new cruise, including the cabin number I'd like..

My TA just moved it to the new cruise (the price for the new cruise is double, but it's a 9 nites instead of 4).

I suggest contacting your TA and ask to be done like this. It is my understanding that I wasn't even issued a FCC, just my 3 credit card payments applied to the balance of the new one.

My friend had her cruise cancelled by X (Japan March 14) after she applied a FCC from a problem she had on a previous cruise. She was issued a new FCC, but the TA applied a cancellation fee of 100$....

PS - Booked with a refundable deposit.

Hope that helps.

Edited by dani negreanu

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

As I've mentioned, I've decided to book another cruise at the same time as cancelling the present one. Emailed my TA with the detailes of the new cruise, including the cabin number I'd like..

My TA just moved it to the new cruise (the price for the new cruise is double, but it's a 9 nites instead of 4).

I suggest contacting your TA and ask to be done like this. It is my understanding that I wasn't even issued a FCC, just my 3 credit card payments applied to the balance of the new one.

My friend had her cruise cancelled by X (Japan March 14) after she applied a FCC from a problem she had on a previous cruise. She was issued a new FCC, but the TA applied a cancellation fee of 100$....

PS - Booked with a refundable deposit.

Hope that helps.

Thanks dani and oceangoer. Celebrity cancelled my sailing after final payment, so I should get 125% FCC. Which is why I’m not sure if the same booking can be transferred to a new one. 

As you suggest will call our TA and she what she says. BTW, we always book refundable, my question was if the FCC would be reissued if I had to cancel the new sailing for some reason...

2 hours ago, evitacruiser said:

Our insurers have stated that all new bookings ( and changes constitute a new booking) will not be covered for Covid 19. So deferring will not give us continuous cover. We are from the UK too and our insurer is via our Nationwide Flex Plus Account, who are usually good insurers. I believe this clause has been inserted into other annual policies too.

Our insurance is with our Bank account via AXA and the new wording reads that it is covered if you immediately rebook, mind you looking at 2021 prices they seem very expensive compared with what this years cost!!

3 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

Our insurance is with our Bank account via AXA and the new wording reads that it is covered if you immediately rebook, mind you looking at 2021 prices they seem very expensive compared with what this years cost!!

I see, well strangely, it was a friend who drew my attention to the change and she is insured with Axa and she sent me this from their policy wording: 

If I postpone my trip or change my destination will my insurance still cover me?

If your transport provider or tour operator moves your trip destination or dates due to the outbreak, then we will class your original booking date as your booking date, therefore the exclusion for new trips booked will not apply. You will need to amend your insurance to reflect your new dates and there may be an additional premium due for doing this. If your trip is cancelled and you book a new/alternative trip, then your policy will not cover cancellation relating to Coronavirus. Also remember that the general rules regarding FCO advice and travel restrictions will continue to apply.

Her TA had told her that a change in dates constituted a new booking and an 'alternative trip' which would, therefore, be no longer covered.

The wording on our insurance does not include the word 'alternative' and so seems even less definitive, but it still means that if we change dates we are no longer covered as the virus is now a known risk.

I think, from the wording, the devil is in the detail!

13 hours ago, 39august said:

So, we can cancel for any reason and get FCC, OR change the sail date for cruises through Sept. 1. Is that correct, please? But the only way to get a refund is if we cancel before the final due date or if Celebrity suspends cruises again. 

Correct.

21 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Positive news:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22705-royal-caribbean-brands-expand-cruise-with-confidence-policy-to-sept-1.html

Our cruise is booked for 1st August. There will now be no need to argue with TA, when I next ring, as I now will be able to claim the ‘Cruise with Confidence.’

I rang last week when I realised that Silhouette won’t be coming to Southampton on 17th April. I was told that it was too soon to cancel. I replied that I was not paying for a cruise (on 3rd May) on a ship that might not come to Southampton. I also told her that Gov.UK guidelines say that passengers over 70 should not cruise and Celebrity also want a Drs note before you board. 

Her answer to all was, ‘Things will change before August 1st.

Well, thank goodness they have, but not in the way the TA hoped. 

I assume she didn’t want me to cancel, thinking about her commission.

BUT, does this mean that she will keep our FCC, or can I demand that it is sent to me?

I used a travel agent for my cruise that was supposed to take place April 11.  I used cruise with confidence and both my husband and I received our fcc in an email from Celebrity.  So I own it not my TA.  I am awaiting the taxes and fees to be reimbursed back to my credit card which I am still waiting for.  Celebrity is a little slow in handing out cash.  

Pat

10 hours ago, holidaylover10 said:

Also can you confirm if I cancel before final payment I would get the full deposit back? I am in the UK

In normal circumstances, we would have lost our deposit if we had cancelled, due to UK T&C. My TA told me last week that I could get a FCC. 

Our cruise is booked for Aug 1st, so now is covered by Cruise with Confidence. 

At the moment, the ship isn’t even coming to UK on 17/04/20, so the reason I rang was to say I wasn’t willing to pay on May 3rd for a cruise on a ship that as yet won’t be in Southampton. I’m hoping that we might know more from Celebrity by the beginning of May.

11 hours ago, evitacruiser said:

I see, well strangely, it was a friend who drew my attention to the change and she is insured with Axa and she sent me this from their policy wording: 

If I postpone my trip or change my destination will my insurance still cover me?

If your transport provider or tour operator moves your trip destination or dates due to the outbreak, then we will class your original booking date as your booking date, therefore the exclusion for new trips booked will not apply. You will need to amend your insurance to reflect your new dates and there may be an additional premium due for doing this. If your trip is cancelled and you book a new/alternative trip, then your policy will not cover cancellation relating to Coronavirus. Also remember that the general rules regarding FCO advice and travel restrictions will continue to apply.

Her TA had told her that a change in dates constituted a new booking and an 'alternative trip' which would, therefore, be no longer covered.

The wording on our insurance does not include the word 'alternative' and so seems even less definitive, but it still means that if we change dates we are no longer covered as the virus is now a known risk.

I think, from the wording, the devil is in the detail!

Thank you, I will check the wording on ours, I may just sit tight and see what happens to the med cruise season, we’re not due to pay until early July,  by then we should know if our cruise stands a chance of going ahead or not 

• Like 1

We should have been going on a land based package later this week so we await a refund for that.

Our next cruise is the August 1st departure around the med.

We also have one booked for October which a US/Canada trip.

All would seem to be in doubt.

Edited by evitacruiser