Cruise with Confidence extended through September 1, 2020

gerelmx

Guess it  may help some  decide who are concerned about cruusing or a  last min cancellation by X,

The language seems awkward,,...,what is the  "OR"?

Seems now it is only a 100 % Future Cruise Credit.

When we cancelled ,  "CWC" allowed a partial cash refund and fcc depending on when you cancelled. We got 50 % fcc and are waiting for our refund to hit our card..very slow going. ( note as per other posts,  this will probably not include any cruise care premium...,only get that if X cancels)

With so many Certifs having to be used by the end of 2021, wonder if they will have enough slots for people to book.,or if prices will rise and if so, by how much?

Edited by hcat

Positive news:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22705-royal-caribbean-brands-expand-cruise-with-confidence-policy-to-sept-1.html

Our cruise is booked for 1st August. There will now be no need to argue with TA, when I next ring, as I now will be able to claim the ‘Cruise with Confidence.’

I rang last week when I realised that Silhouette won’t be coming to Southampton on 17th April. I was told that it was too soon to cancel. I replied that I was not paying for a cruise (on 3rd May) on a ship that might not come to Southampton. I also told her that Gov.UK guidelines say that passengers over 70 should not cruise and Celebrity also want a Drs note before you board. 

Her answer to all was, ‘Things will change before August 1st.

Well, thank goodness they have, but not in the way the TA hoped. 

I assume she didn’t want me to cancel, thinking about her commission.

BUT, does this mean that she will keep our FCC, or can I demand that it is sent to me?

Edited by upwarduk

I have a cruise in mid August with final payment due May 18. I have paid a 900 refundable down payment. If I cancel before final payment will I get my entire 900 back?

i have never cancelled a cruise so forgive my naivety. 

Nich3cats: Yes, you will get your full deposit back, based on my experiences.

I am happy about Celebrity’s extension of this program.  My wife and I are  booked on an early August cruise and this will lessen the risk of postponing cancelling the trip.  

However, it seems like we will still be at risk of losing our payment for the corresponding air flights we booked through Celebrity Air.  The terms of the program say that if the flights are non-refundable, you need to go to the airline for any refunds.  No telling whether you would get a credit or refund there under many possible scenarios (like the cruise is cancelled but airlines are flying).

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Positive news:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22705-royal-caribbean-brands-expand-cruise-with-confidence-policy-to-sept-1.html

Our cruise is booked for 1st August. There will now be no need to argue with TA, when I next ring, as I now will be able to claim the ‘Cruise with Confidence.’

I rang last week when I realised that Silhouette won’t be coming to Southampton on 17th April. I was told that it was too soon to cancel. I replied that I was not paying for a cruise (on 3rd May) on a ship that might not come to Southampton. I also told her that Gov.UK guidelines say that passengers over 70 should not cruise and Celebrity also want a Drs note before you board. 

BUT, does this mean that she will keep our FCC, or can I demand that it is sent to me?

Royal is protecting the agents commissions, so that is not an issue. They will get their commission on the cancelled cruise and also on whatever cruise the FCC is used on. 

3 hours ago, nich3cats said:

I have a cruise in mid August with final payment due May 18. I have paid a 900 refundable down payment. If I cancel before final payment will I get my entire 900 back?

i have never cancelled a cruise so forgive my naivety. 

Yes...but will  probably take a long time before it goes through... We are still waiting although they said  our refund of deposit  was approved and being sent to our card  last week.

I wonder if anyone can answer my question! We’re due to sail late August western Mediterranean heavy on Italian ports, I’m thinking it’s unlikely to happen in its existing sailing, so under CWC we can effectively defer our deposit to a cruise next year?

can I choose that sailing now? the reason for asking is we have annual travel insurance that will still cover us regards CV but only if there is no break in our booking, if we take the FCC and choose another cruise later we wouldn’t be covered- hope this makes sense 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes...but will  probably take a long time before it goes through... We are still waiting although they said  our refund of deposit  was approved and being sent to our card  last week.

Appreciate the heads up. 

So, we can cancel for any reason and get FCC, OR change the sail date for cruises through Sept. 1. Is that correct, please? But the only way to get a refund is if we cancel before the final due date or if Celebrity suspends cruises again. 

54 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Yes

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

No photo description available.

Above is what the 'message' to my PC was..."no photo description available"..  Don't know why your info didn't come through...was it a screen shot?  or a pdf?   Got it anyway....I went to X site and read their update on cruises up to Sept. 1st allowed to be cancelled, etc.  No doubt will get an email soon.

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My glass half full view of this is that it's very good news for anyone with pending cruise reservations whose summer cruise remains up in the air.

My glass half empty view of this is that Celebrity does not expect to be sailing at all this summer.  😥

I read it the same way...after Sept....then cancelled through Dec...maybe the rest of 2020?  Then a rush on Spring 2021 with inflated pricing?  What to do...what to do....?

21 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

I wonder if anyone can answer my question! We’re due to sail late August western Mediterranean heavy on Italian ports, I’m thinking it’s unlikely to happen in its existing sailing, so under CWC we can effectively defer our deposit to a cruise next year?

can I choose that sailing now? the reason for asking is we have annual travel insurance that will still cover us regards CV but only if there is no break in our booking, if we take the FCC and choose another cruise later we wouldn’t be covered- hope this makes sense 

Our insurers have stated that all new bookings ( and changes constitute a new booking) will not be covered for Covid 19. So deferring will not give us continuous cover. We are from the UK too and our insurer is via our Nationwide Flex Plus Account, who are usually good insurers. I believe this clause has been inserted into other annual policies too.

11 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Above is what the 'message' to my PC was..."no photo description available"..  Don't know why your info didn't come through...was it a screen shot?  or a pdf?   Got it anyway....I went to X site and read their update on cruises up to Sept. 1st allowed to be cancelled, etc.  No doubt will get an email soon.

Strange in your reply's the photo is showing

1 minute ago, gerelmx said:

Strange in your reply's the photo is showing

Isn't that something!  Now I will have something new to work on to figure out this lack of transmission...can you tell I'm terribly bored??

Edited by oceangoer2

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Positive news:

Why would she keep FCC?

Surely you are not going to pay the final balance?

We are in the same position and will not be paying the final balance - as i understood, we would lose our 2 x£300 deposits (2 cabins).

It seems that if you pay and then C cancels you only get 100% FCC - not much good when the same cruise next year is +40%.

Hcat - they stopped the part refund part FCC a few weeks ago now. Around the time the first set of cancellations were announced. It meant we couldn’t get our 50% cash so sat it out and waited for X to cancel and then took the cash,