Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

59 minutes ago, Domino D said:

In general there is a definite correlation between age and outdoor decorations at my house.  I now do only inflatable, projector, and ground based decorations.  No ladder, no strings of lights, no garland or other decorations wrapped around the front porch. 

This is our first 'sculpture', moved it to front.

20201121_121944.thumb.jpg.d4531ace679970f103a763fbc2d59c85.jpg

Still debating hanging this

20201121_121925.thumb.jpg.c42b4f100e5fdd20bcacef2ffcd6a480.jpg

Not a fan of poking a hole in stucco trim, though

20201121_121900.thumb.jpg.db80cecc52cae5207e1a1287833fcf6c.jpg

20201121_122301.thumb.jpg.2878fbddddbc4a3c46175364d817a132.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This is our first 'sculpture', moved it to front.

Still debating hanging this

Not a fan of poking a hole in stucco trim, though

My vote on the wreath is below pictured.  Over the door hanger.   

Black Over the Door Wreath Hanger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

20201121_121944.thumb.jpg.d4531ace679970f103a763fbc2d59c85.jpg

By the way, should probably raise this on Bella's thread.  I love that Bella is listed on the sign, but think she should get top billing.  I'm thinking

"Home of Bella" 

"Cared for by"

"John and La La"

"UGA"

Oh well, at least she is ahead of Georgia.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Domino D said:

By the way, should probably raise this on Bella's thread.  I love that Bella is listed on the sign, but think she should get top billing.  I'm thinking

"Home of Bella" 

"Cared for by"

"John and La La"

"UGA"

Oh well, at least she is ahead of Georgia.

Laura ordered the sign

Cook will be continued on Bella thread

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday afternoon I had a message from my miserable MIL telling me "you need to pick me up a turkey breast, something around 7 or 8 pounds and mashed potatoes with gravy."    Now keep in mind this woman Never says please and thank you!!

So after worked I stopped at food store and picked her a fresh, not frozen, turkey with premade simply mashed potatoes and a jar of turkey gravy.

Took it to her and she immediately screamed and hollered what the hell am I suppose to do with this.  Its raw!!!  I wanted a cooked one like the pictures in the store ad.

She told me to return it and come back with a cooked one and demanded a refund.  She didnt even pay for it!!

She went onto to call me a worthless idiot blah blah blah.  

I came home with with the turkey and told my DH, her Son.  I am done with her.  He agreed!    

Thank god shes not coming to our house for thanksgiving this year!!

Oh my, I'm so sorry, that's awful 😔😕

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nice, but my door isn't wide enough 

I might string hanger wire into soffit.

Didn't realize how big it is.  You know if you rig a pulley system in the peak, it will pay for itself in years to come. Next year it will be "Raise the Wreath". 

• Haha 1

John, I love your new house sign.  🙂

And the Bella Christmas "Statue" is adorable!  You seem to be fitting in nicely to your new neighborhood! 

We just signed papers on the new custom cabinets, quartz top, sinks, etc. we are ordering.  Getting to the last of this year's remodel....getting the bathroom done. 

After that, it's new carpet (bedroom and walk in closet), rip up carpet in the office (wood look tile) and get with designer for a real office set up...not the "garage sale, flea market" set up it is right now.  Awful.  😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

well today had a bunch of curve balls...Nates surgery has been postponed. Our state has gone to “red level” which means most surgeries are off until Covid numbers are better. This means that all of our planning and scheduling and preparing for Nates recovery are for naught. His back pain will continue for who knows how long 😞

He can’t take months off in the spring because that’s when business picks up.

We also found out we didn’t get the house in Florida. They got another offer in that surpassed ours. I’m actually feeling ok about it. What is supposed to happen will happen, but still sad nonetheless.

I ordered myself the Iphone 12 as a consolation prize. 

What a bummer, all around!

My Nana was a firm believer and taught the rest of us to live life "if it was meant to happen, it will".   Maybe Nate wasn't to get the back surgery for some reason, Maybe you weren't meant to buy that house as a better one will come available.      I am sure it will all work out for the best.

Hope you are having a great day today!

1 hour ago, island lady said:

John, I love your new house sign.  🙂

And the Bella Christmas "Statue" is adorable!  You seem to be fitting in nicely to your new neighborhood! 

We just signed papers on the new custom cabinets, quartz top, sinks, etc. we are ordering.  Getting to the last of this year's remodel....getting the bathroom done. 

After that, it's new carpet (bedroom and walk in closet), rip up carpet in the office (wood look tile) and get with designer for a real office set up...not the "garage sale, flea market" set up it is right now.  Awful.  😜

We are ordering upper cabinets for the laundry room. Need more storage. 🤣🤣

I'm past the days of DYI😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Worth checking this before traveling there, since Americans are not always welcomed --

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/jordan-travel-advisory.html

I found the Jordanian people very welcoming in 2017

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No doubt.

BUT, you were with a big group from Royal, in a highly toured region. You weren't traveling alone in a car through Jordan, and that's my worry.

Yea, I'd hate to get 'lost' in Wadi Rum

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

You have a beautiful property. I just couldn’t live anywhere that these were on my to do list. 

I agree.

The snow markers just mean I don’t need to lawn repair in the spring. 😉  As for the ice melter, I prefer the sun’s heat to do that to my mixed drinks. 

• Like 1

At dinner tonight at Sharon’s, my MIL’s. She asked us to get eggs from the neighbours in the way over. They have 35 plus new birds and none are laying yet. No eggs. 🤷‍♂️

4BD10E7C-AC9D-4F95-8238-433AE366808A.thumb.jpeg.52299f8f09984abd7fde3b2b9b028d97.jpeg

And the Blue Jays have discovered that the feeders are out again.

35E6EC51-8CE0-4901-814B-B039388AC982.thumb.jpeg.8b11ac116f569b80dba9c972a70c9fd8.jpeg

This guy was digging out sunflower seeds and then cracking them open.

7848971F-3F51-41D8-ADF8-878F5BD77A37.thumb.jpeg.3796feead48dfc4049331563c794dc4d.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

No doubt.

BUT, you were with a big group from Royal, in a highly toured region. You weren't traveling alone in a car through Jordan, and that's my worry.

Dani I'm curious how do you feel about Americans traveling to Lebanon?  I'm of Italian and Lebanese decent.  I've been to Italy many times (absolutely loved it, how can you not!). But I'd really love to visit Lebanon some day.

I relocated the BBQ to it’s winter home in the garage, and replaced it with a snowman.  In the spring it’s heat will melt this Frosty. 

I did some other outside stuff today but nothing exciting. Fuel conditioner into the tractors, skid steer, and diesel tanks. Put battery tenders on the trailer winches and parked them away in the barn. Not much left to do outdoors. 

F9612FD5-BEFD-430F-976D-8D2F4A58CCE4.thumb.jpeg.d3d370b94b28db14934a4b37be81f37b.jpeg

Lisa was busy inside.  She moved some of the furniture around a bit and the new pencil tree was erected. She did a great job.  

The “rest of Christmas” arrives next weekend. 

DF99FEA7-BFF6-4621-8FB5-54F4741F116B.thumb.jpeg.4d32e39d5ade85189b646543f12dc3e6.jpeg

11081E9F-062C-440F-BECE-E99F04E8EEB4.thumb.jpeg.390d83aca6635d23ff5584e1c78d052d.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5