Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today at 9 had my hair appointment. Nice colors put in. Was not permitted any green , red , or purple. I kinda like the bottle I picked. “Summer slut blonde” 

I was pretty sure that you were joking about that hair color, but I decided to search "summer slut blonde" to see for sure.  I wouldn't suggest that anyone else do this search.  😲

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our summer of fun with grandkids continued today with a trip to Apple Castle. Today’s activities included picking blueberries, and they had other things for kids to do. 

A play fort

13876CDF-8C38-42DC-B60E-9C9F299FA137.thumb.jpeg.7a22846308aba15a161bd3e20895726b.jpeg

Obstacle course games

AA407335-FBEB-45E2-97EE-90BAF65C8D4B.thumb.jpeg.70dc6ab3f89018756dce07af7b6f7033.jpeg

The berry patch. 

DD4546FA-F237-4D74-AC4F-2D86745DEB3A.thumb.jpeg.d60e1f6947af77cb2fede27de1f63fa5.jpeg

Everyone had to have smoothies from the machines. 

4EC22570-FE08-4379-8396-A4525208F662.thumb.jpeg.67d31e843a467b48763f459677d08943.jpeg

These bees they had inside the store were mesmerizing. 

IMG_0442.MOV 8.19 MB · 6 downloads

For the afternoon, we rented a bounce house again 

40DFCF46-14D5-48A8-9931-3811260D05DD.thumb.jpeg.f803e94f618f7ea7a61ba9be437c6f4a.jpeg

Getting a little air

79F28FCE-5F70-440C-9543-A2328912694D.thumb.jpeg.2a6e3c1ce387bf81c70bb084943da26c.jpeg

From the inside. (I even got a little air time while in there)

C303E339-9FF4-4899-B087-04F21B486BC2.thumb.jpeg.331b82d12b5c71616c6d753a1ab59f71.jpeg

And filets for everyone for supper tonight.  

FEFD4663-8DBF-4C1C-A7B7-FD32D8CE0C8C.thumb.jpeg.6e5b4ae84b83f8c2533a985cb099eb86.jpeg

This was one day that wore me out. 

Wow Mark...your grandkids are not going to want to leave!  Can you adopt me? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think that may even improve after the recent changes that Jack made.  I envy your son being able to play there. 

When he was in graduate school, he played Oak Hill CC in Rochester, and comes back there each year to play in a tournament with his old professor.  Now, being close to Pebble Beach, he plays it once a year.  Both are beautiful courses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was pretty sure that you were joking about that hair color, but I decided to search "summer slut blonde" to see for sure.  I wouldn't suggest that anyone else do this search.  😲

Oh no...I can just imagine the spam mail you will get now!!  😮😉   

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

77°F and sunny here.

We left early and went back to the lake District today.

We called at Keswick then had lunch at the Borrowdale hotel overlooking Lake Derwentwater

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210715_114422.jpg

IMG_20210715_114634.jpg

IMG_20210715_120341.jpg

Screenshot_20210715_124217.jpg

Yum...your lunch looks delicious!  And of course the elegant Pauline is the best table mate.  🙂 

That lake look heavenly...would love to kayak on that one!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Flying to Buffalo Saturday to visit friends and my wife’s family, will have plenty of Buffalo wings also a couple of beef on weck. 

What part of Buffalo?  I grew up in Williamsville.  I'll be back there in August for my nephew's wedding.

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

What part of Buffalo?  I grew up in Williamsville.  I'll be back there in August for my nephew's wedding.

We got married in Wyoming county 30 years ago, we will be in Batavia for a couple of days , going to a memorial for Shelaghs uncle who died last year of Covid in Attica where she grew up , then going to east Aurora which is a cool town with loads of restaurants, her best friend lives in that area . Also will visit Grave of Shelaghs sister who passed away last year , she is buried in Warsaw. 

1 hour ago, George C said:

Flying to Buffalo Saturday to visit friends and my wife’s family, will have plenty of Buffalo wings also a couple of beef on weck. 

Safe travels to you. Sorry for your wife's losses. 

We'll be driving up to NJ beginning of August. Not sure how long we'll stay.  Maybe 2-3 weeks.  For me it will be pizza, bagels, pastrami, and mostly anything found in NJ diners.  Did I mention pizza? 🍕

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

Safe travels to you. Have a wonderful time.

We'll be driving up to NJ beginning of August. Not sure how long we'll stay.  Maybe 2-3 weeks.  For me it will be pizza, bagels, pastrami, and mostly anything found in NJ diners.  Did I mention pizza? 🍕

This and last year were only years I have not visited nyc since moving to Dallas 39 years ago, we get pizza normally daily , love that you can get a slice at 2 in the morning, pastrami is high on my list along with some great Italian restaurants .

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Safe travels to you. Sorry for your wife's losses. 

Don't forget scrapple and pork roll for breakfast with your eggs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I love Muirfield Village.

My Muirfield story. Tom Watson is from Kansas City. We did a documentary on him playing in a tournament (how he prepares, travels, rounds..etc) which was the Memorial. Tom had arranged for us to interview Jack Nicklaus and we had the honor of doing a sit down interview with him. I usually am not in awe of famous people but I was of Jack Nicklaus. He was very gracious and told many great stories of the relationship he had with Tom Watson.

Shooting video for the tournament was the toughest assignment I ever had. We had to walk (no carts could be used) the whole course with over 50 pounds of camera gear and no tripods. As you know pro golfers play fast. I had to practically run with my gear to get ahead of Tom's every shot. By the end I exhausted and beat up. But it was a great experience I will never forget.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

My Muirfield story. Tom Watson is from Kansas City. We did a documentary on him playing in a tournament (how he prepares, travels, rounds..etc) which was the Memorial. Tom had arranged for us to interview Jack Nicklaus and we had the honor of doing a sit down interview with him. I usually am not in awe of famous people but I was of Jack Nicklaus. He was very gracious and told many great stories of the relationship he had with Tom Watson.

Shooting video for the tournament was the toughest assignment I ever had. We had to walk (no carts could be used) the whole course with over 50 pounds of camera gear and no tripods. As you know pro golfers play fast. I had to practically run with my gear to get ahead of Tom's every shot. By the end I exhausted and beat up. But it was a great experience I will never forget.

I volunteered for years at the Players Championship and its predecessor, the TPC. I was in awe of the giants playing right in front of me. The vast majority of them are really nice guys when they’re not “at work”.

Arnold Palmer is one that I remember that would come out for a smoke at the end of the day and chat with any of us still around. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I volunteered for years at the Players Championship and its predecessor, the TPC. I was in awe of the giants playing right in front of me. The vast majority of them are really nice guys when they’re not “at work”.

Arnold Palmer is one that I remember that would come out for a smoke at the end of the day and chat with any of us still around. 

Jack and Arnie are 2 of the giants of golf, not just for their great career results, but for who they are as people.  I had the privilege of meeting Arnie briefly several years ago while playing at his Bay Hill resort in Orlando.  He was walking toward me as I was walking out of the pro shop and I thought I would quickly shake his hand, tell him what a great place Bay Hill is, and thank him for allowing non-members the chance to experience it.  Just before I reached Arnie, another guy approached him with a white hat, wanting Arnie to autograph it.  The guy went into some long speech about how he use to work for Paul Newman and how Mr. Newman hated when people approached him at random for an autograph, yada, yada, yada.  The guy was blabbering on and you could see Arnie thinking, "just give me the hat to sign".  While I was waiting for my "turn", a woman walked up and stood behind me.  Poor Arnie...just trying to get somewhere and now there's a line of people wanting to meet him.  He never once complained though.  He smiled and was gracious the whole time.

I've been near Jack at The Memorial, near enough to hear his conversation, but never had the privilege of meeting him.  He too was incredibly polite and gracious.  What he and his wife Barbara have done for Children is amazing.  They've raised more than $100M for various Children's Hospitals.  There's a reason that today's rich and famous golfers refer to him as Mr. Nicklaus.  The respect is evident.  Arnie and his wife Winnie similarly did great charity work for children's and women's health, going all the way back to when Arnie was the national March of Dimes spokesperson.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Shooting video for the tournament was the toughest assignment I ever had. We had to walk (no carts could be used) the whole course with over 50 pounds of camera gear and no tripods.

You don't really see the amount of work that the media people do while watching a tournament on TV.  The various camera shots just magically appear.  I like to watch the camera guys that have to hustle ahead of each pairing and set up their tripod around the green.  Muirfield is pretty hilly.  I have tremendous respect for the men and women who make that happen.  I'd guess that today's gear weighs quite a bit less than what you had to manage when Watson was playing.  The PGA Tour is headed to a place where there will be a camera recording every shot from every player, and you'll be able to develop a personalized viewing experience, as opposed to only being able to see the shots that are put on the national broadcast.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have tremendous respect for the men and women who make that happen.

Thank you. Let me tell you it is hard to follow a little white ball going very fast in the air through your lens and keeping it tight and in focus. I learned it's all about positioning and trajectory.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you. Let me tell you it is hard to follow a little white ball going very fast in the air through your lens and keeping it tight and in focus. I learned it's all about positioning and trajectory.

The Match was recently broadcast on TNT and TBS.  They don't usually broadcast golf.  The camera people kept loosing the ball in the air.  That rarely happens during a CBS or NBC broadcast.  There definitely seems to be skill and experience involved!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That rarely happens during a CBS or NBC broadcast. 

Most of those camera guys are true veterans who only shoot golf. They are sort of like the guys who shoot for NFL Films. Those guys are amazing.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Jack and Arnie are 2 of the giants of golf, not just for their great career results, but for who they are as people.  I had the privilege of meeting Arnie briefly several years ago while playing at his Bay Hill resort in Orlando.  He was walking toward me as I was walking out of the pro shop and I thought I would quickly shake his hand, tell him what a great place Bay Hill is, and thank him for allowing non-members the chance to experience it.  Just before I reached Arnie, another guy approached him with a white hat, wanting Arnie to autograph it.  The guy went into some long speech about how he use to work for Paul Newman and how Mr. Newman hated when people approached him at random for an autograph, yada, yada, yada.  The guy was blabbering on and you could see Arnie thinking, "just give me the hat to sign".  While I was waiting for my "turn", a woman walked up and stood behind me.  Poor Arnie...just trying to get somewhere and now there's a line of people wanting to meet him.  He never once complained though.  He smiled and was gracious the whole time.

I've been near Jack at The Memorial, near enough to hear his conversation, but never had the privilege of meeting him.  He too was incredibly polite and gracious.  What he and his wife Barbara have done for Children is amazing.  They've raised more than $100M for various Children's Hospitals.  There's a reason that today's rich and famous golfers refer to him as Mr. Nicklaus.  The respect is evident.  Arnie and his wife Winnie similarly did great charity work for children's and women's health, going all the way back to when Arnie was the national March of Dimes spokesperson.

My Dad, an avid golfer, volunteered at a tournament.  He met Arnie and had a picture taken.  It was one of his favorites.  When we were collecting pictures for a collage for his memorial service, we knew that was one he definitely would want included.  He said Arnie was a true gentleman.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great pictures as always Graham.  You do live in a beautiful part of the world.  Let me know if you want more Canadian Geese.  We'd be happy to send you some of ours. 

We will too, from Canada. I'm sure you need new genetic blood lines there to strengthen the "flock".

• Like 2