Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Sunshine3601

Debbie,

I wonder if you noticed that our Jan 9 sailing of the Anthem has been pulled out from Royal's website. I noticed it two days ago. It had been showing Balconies and OVs sold out for a couple of weeks.
Jan 20 also pulled out.

Wonder if they really reached capacity or are raising prices for a Black Friday sale.🤔

This was a sail we were really wanting to do but it wasn’t working out for our cruise friends.  There was another time when they showed balcony and suites sold out, they took it off site then a few days later they put it back up with more balconies.  Maybe with capacity increasing they are adding more rooms.  Hard to tell what RC is doing these days.

• Like 2

Okay, this was my first concert back in July of 1994 in Philadelphia at Veterans Stadium.

I went with my 2 sisters, it was in July and I remember it like it was yesterday, mostly because it was as hot as hell !!  Outside Concert in Philly in Mid-July is hot and humid !

Billy Joel  & Elton John Concert

Also this will be my first and last post on music on this thread 🙂

• Like 6

Good afternoon.

It is currently 48°F and cloudy.

I was out this morning calling on a long time customer.

Pauline has booked her Covid19 booster for December 13th 6 months after her second vaccine jab.

I had my Pfizer booster on Saturday and felt groggy and had a headache all day Sunday.

I am at hospital tomorrow pm about my BCC.

I was a record sales rep for 3 years from 1980 with EMI records.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I went to one Santana concert.  Wow!

Definitely a wow.  So full of energy!  I can still see them walking out on stage most with a bottle of wine.  Carlos Santana is one of the best guitarist.  I really became a fan after that concert.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That’s great talent.  When listening I kept hearing parts of a familiar song.  I finally figured out which song. You may of heard it.  The song Heart of the Sunrise from the Fragile album kept popping out.

I've not listened to the entire piece yet - but, I have no doubt that he probably threw snatches of other stuff in there as well!  It is indeed impressive. He's so smooth and fluid. Classically trained pianist, so one would expect as much. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am totally unaware of most of the music listed by some of you posters.  Just give me a little Carol King, Billy Joel, Elton John, Neil Diamond, Barbra, Josh Groban,  Phil Collins, Journey and I am a happy camper. Probably left out a bunch more.  I know most in here will puke if I mention the BeeGees and eeek Barry Manilow.  Don't judge.  Their music makes me Feel!

What about our girl Janis????  OMG!  My daughters grew up listening to her, among so many others!

My Woodstock album brings me right back....

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Old man look at my life, 24 and there’s so much more.   Southern Man.  Needle and the damage done.

Oh, yes!!!

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Sunshine3601

Debbie,

I wonder if you noticed that our Jan 9 sailing of the Anthem has been pulled out from Royal's website. I noticed it two days ago. It had been showing Balconies and OVs sold out for a couple of weeks.
Jan 20 also pulled out.

Wonder if they really reached capacity or are raising prices for a Black Friday sale.🤔

I wonder if there is a change in schedule coming, it seems that all cruises out of port liberty are leaving at 5 we are currently scheduled to leave at 3.  Just a guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clochette said:

it seems that all cruises out of port liberty are leaving at 5 we are currently scheduled to leave at 3. 

Most/all of them (for a while) have been moved to 5, though it may take a while for you to get notified. It is likely due to the extra protocols and extra time needed to board.

• Like 1

This thread is indeed the most eclectic I've ever encountered....a true roundtable. Hopefully noone is offended by the recent preoccupation with classic rock. It has been a blast and takes some of us back....

Speaking of both sides now.... 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Okay, this was my first concert back in July of 1994 in Philadelphia at Veterans Stadium.

I went with my 2 sisters, it was in July and I remember it like it was yesterday, mostly because it was as hot as hell !!  Outside Concert in Philly in Mid-July is hot and humid !

Billy Joel  & Elton John Concert

Also this will be my first and last post on music on this thread 🙂

We saw them play together at Piano Man Concert in Giant's Stadium.  Awesome!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline has booked her Covid19 booster for December 13th 6 months after her second vaccine jab.

I had my Pfizer booster on Saturday and felt groggy and had a headache all day Sunday.

I am at hospital tomorrow pm about my BCC.

I tried to get appointments in our neighborhood pharmacy and was unsuccessful.  I then tried to make an appointment for my Shingrix shot and couldn't even access that on the CVS site.  So frustrating!!!  I just might wait until I get to Florida for both shots.

Graham, best of luck for your procedure tomorrow.❤️

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The day is finally here!  The deck is going down.  I told Caden we probably will not be going out on the deck today.  He looked out and said, It might be a little dangerous too!

6074632B-75C3-42A2-ACDD-B407D192E502.thumb.jpeg.bed5305250f86670b0f5eae33cdac08f.jpeg

F4A2F898-E49B-4432-A56A-E080535AF4B1.thumb.jpeg.46276a19b7e38922f05368b6eb5440f9.jpeg

That's a really nice size deck.  You and Sharon must be thrilled that the job has begun..especially before nasty weather begins!😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never been a huge Billy Joel fan but really like the early Elton John...especially "Elton John"and "Tumbleweed Connection".  "Come down in time" especially.  He and Taupin...another magical combination of music and lyrics. 

OK...I guess this music reminiscence has run its course now!

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, clochette said:

I wonder if there is a change in schedule coming, it seems that all cruises out of port liberty are leaving at 5 we are currently scheduled to leave at 3.  Just a guess.

Your guess is probably correct.

Departure for our Anthem cruise leaving on Sunday was rescheduled from 3 pm to 5 pm. Also port times were rescheduled.

13 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

I personally don't think you're missing much. It's all about big production rather than true talent IMHO - choreography, the videos, staging, etc.. Targeting the 18-34 demographic mostly. Brilliant at knowing how to play her cards though. She came from a very well-to-do family, so that didn't hurt. 

I don’t care for her but she is a talented songwriter, producer, everything but a good singer! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dylan is in a class by himself.  Not very melodic but what a prolific career he's had.

@lenquixote66I don't think I know any Neil Young songs. I know he was part of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young but that's about all I know. Oh and he's Canadian.  Google is my friend!

There is also Crosby,Stills,Nash,Young,Taylor and Reeves

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We saw Dylan at the Garden way back in the late 60's

I went to one Santana concert.  Wow!

My granddaughter who is now 16 went to two of Taylor Swift Concerts.  Yeah, the kids love her!

Yes, yes, yes!!

I've never seen Joan Baez in concert, but we've been to two Judy Collin's concerts,  besides the Dylan concert..

I have been to several Judy Collins concerts and many Joan Baez concerts.I believe she was born in Staten Island.

When Toby and I started dating in 1965 we began going to concerts together and have been doing so till 2016 in the US and Canada.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

That's a really nice size deck.  You and Sharon must be thrilled that the job has begun..especially before nasty weather begins!😉

We are so glad it is started.  It’s hard to get a contractor these days.  Everyone is so booked out.  The plan is to expand it.  We are going to add a screened in 12x12 deck to the left. To have it lined up we are extending the current deck 4 feet and leaving it open so we can still grill.  We will be so thankful for a screened in area.  The mosquitoes can get bad.  They are also going to add screen under the screened deck so mosquitoes can’t sneak in from below deck.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dylan is in a class by himself.  Not very melodic but what a prolific career he's had.

@lenquixote66I don't think I know any Neil Young songs. I know he was part of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young but that's about all I know. Oh and he's Canadian.  Google is my friend!

Dylan is also an actor and an author.

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Jeopardy was on a week or so ago.  One of the categories was classical rock.  I was halfway paying attention until one of the questions started….. A 1995 song that was…. Really Jeopardy, 1995 and classical rock some how go together? 

Presumably the person who came up with the question is rather young.

• Like 2