Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We live in the snow belt area of OHIO, and when it dumps the white stuff it is relentless.

In fact we had a beagle named Martha, who was the stupidest cutest four legged best friend anyone could ask for.

We hung Christmas bells on the door handle and when we potty trained her we rang the bells and took her out.

As she grew older, she would ring the bells when she wanted to go out.

But, once the snow started, no bells were rung.

In the winter when it snowed, she would hold her business all day just to go out to do your business as  infrequent as possible.

But, there were ooops from time to time due to her stubbornness and just plain being a beagle. And not wanting to freeze her nipples off.

So when my dad was over and saw what was happening he took his old army blanket and behind the house by the back door to the garage he shoveled the snow on the grass......yup it was over a foot deep and laid down the blanket.

Low and behold now  the original snow was just a dusting, we would lift the blanket and  let Martha out did her business, sniffed around and came in.

The donation that Martha left was usually cold enough in about a half hour and put in the pooper bucket.  Then the blanket went down to keep the snow to a minimum.

Now she would actually go to the door ring the bells again to go out.

She trained us well.

Good luck.

Take care.

Doesn't sound like a stupid dog at all to me.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Doesn't sound like a stupid dog at all to me.

That was her good trait. 

But if you ever owned a beagle you will

understand they have their own itinerary. 

Namely we keep the cats litter box in washer room.  We had to put a low gate to let the cat jump over and keep Martha out.  For her it was a snack room she would eat out of the litter box. 

One day when I went out Martha ripped the side molding off of half the kitchen. Ate it. Threw up in family room.  Not pretty. 

She was the one dog that averaged 3-4 baths a week in the summer. After doing her duty she would roll in it. 

When we had company Martha would always go sniffing at our guests groin.  She would make a social event out of it. 

But. We loved her. 
The hardest part was when she was 8. Develops leukemia on Wednesday and we had to put her to sleep on a Friday. 

Miss her to this day and she has been gone almost 20 years. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Lizzy and Charlie had a huge setback in potty training. You can understand why no pictures today. It's frustrating as it's so cold here in Kansas City. Charlie started to cry after being on the snow and ice after about a minute. It's been very difficult to get them to potty outside as it's so cold. They have had a bunch of accidents today inside in the kitchen (luckily it's tiled) and one on the rug in the living room. Good thing it's a cheap rug so we will throw it out after they get trained. I guess this is the learning curve with puppies. They were doing really well but this cold is too brutal. It's not safe to keep a puppy out over a couple of minutes. Sorry to post boring news but it's about the only thing I'm dealing with. 

Poor babies! Getting their first life lesson!

It’s not all fun and games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle 

Marietta, wishing you a very Happy Birthday, with many healthy returns

😘

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, a very Happy Birthday to your dear daughter 💐

Sending you some sunshine from this morning

20220107_122702.thumb.jpg.d95eca1945182f4c3ecbb709e2b575f3.jpg

20220107_113612.thumb.jpg.7a90ba1e747982440d4b0e58485eb6e0.jpg

20220107_124245.thumb.jpg.9497eb4d117ba886be6f6e6675840a67.jpg

20220107_113715.thumb.jpg.a1b973e4d9fc6235c5838d0246cbd94c.jpg

Nice photos Dani.

Today is my late parents 72nd wedding anniversary.

Graham.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 

As the sun is beginning to rise and the temp is a cool 18 degrees Fahrenheit I am so envious of my DD and now SIL as they bask in the sun on their honeymoon in Punta Cana. 

Oh to be young again. 

FA1A2FF7-6675-4220-8870-A68641173408.jpeg

Lovely photo.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Submitted for your viewing pleasures, as the snow piles up back home. 

6093977D-4785-4D40-9D3F-8220FEEFB005.thumb.jpeg.f16a774e31f422cfaacd7f070cacd854.jpeg

DDE36B67-3EB1-4EBF-A516-AD75BDA5CC64.thumb.jpeg.605f79f7bba58ed91455bcf0c06f780a.jpeg

Feel free to play this on a loop. 

A relaxing sea day today, as we sail to Miami.  Our Covid tests for next week are scheduled for tomorrow in the dining room. 

Great pics and video!  I see that you were able to get the Cruise Compass to list the correct sunrise time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you sled down your drive make you stop by the sidewalk. 😮

You slide right out into the street. 🙂 My DH slipped on ice at the top of the driveway once and fell on his butt.  He slid all the way out into the middle of the street!  Luckily, no cars were coming.  We use a lot of calcium chloride in the winter, otherwise we can't get up the hill, even with all our cars having 4wd/AWD.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great pics and video!  I see that you were able to get the Cruise Compass to list the correct sunrise time.

In fact, it wasn’t.  I just went up 25 minutes early, and there it was. 

• Like 3

Hi ho hi ho and off to cruise we go!

Both tested negative.  No wait for proctor early this morning.  Easy peasy.

Except we decided last night we will not go. Had a long talk with supervisor. 
Options offered were a full refund to cc. Surprised at option 1. FCC was #2. Option #3 exact booking transferred to a different sailing. Extremely surprised since that sounded like a lift and shift. We asked a lot of questions. He said there were notes on the reservation from the miami office of someone who had resolved previous problems on this res to “do whatever is possible for these loyal customers”.  So he was offering these. We chose #3. We don’t know which sailing so it was transferred to a future “dummy” sailing till we can decide. We will be in FL so we will wait.

One  thing we would say……We are absolutely not happy with what is going on on board. Took a long hard look without the rose colored glasses and made the call. It was the right thing for us. I do not like to get into any debates with nay sayers, negative nellies, fan mommas or fan boys. This was what we felt was right for US. 

So I am currently enjoying the Florida sunshine and not worrying about the what iffs at sea till I have to. 😁  Am I upset? Honestly not one bit. No regrets. There will be many to enjoy,

• Like 20

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle 

Marietta, wishing you a very Happy Birthday, with many healthy returns

😘

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, a very Happy Birthday to your dear daughter 💐

Sending you some sunshine from this morning

20220107_122702.thumb.jpg.d95eca1945182f4c3ecbb709e2b575f3.jpg

20220107_113612.thumb.jpg.7a90ba1e747982440d4b0e58485eb6e0.jpg

20220107_124245.thumb.jpg.9497eb4d117ba886be6f6e6675840a67.jpg

20220107_113715.thumb.jpg.a1b973e4d9fc6235c5838d0246cbd94c.jpg

Dani, thank you so much!!  Love the beach photos.  I came online to wish the same and you beat me to it.  You really are remarkable!

Marietta have a fabulous birthday. 

Jack and I wish we were back in NJ (even with the snow) to celebrate with our birthday girl.  Oh, and happy birthday to Katie Couric!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

One  thing we would say……We are absolutely not happy with what is going on on board. Took a long hard look without the rose colored glasses and made the call. It was the right thing for us. I do not like to get into any debates with nay sayers, negative nellies, fan mommas or fan boys. This was what we felt was right for US. 

We all have to make the choice that works for our own situation.  Glad they are working with you, need to send a bottle of wine to whoever put those notes in your reservation! 😄 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Hi ho hi ho and off to cruise we go!

Both tested negative.  No wait for proctor early this morning.  Easy peasy.

Except we decided last night we will not go. Had a long talk with supervisor. 
Options offered were a full refund to cc. Surprised at option 1. FCC was #2. Option #3 exact booking transferred to a different sailing. Extremely surprised since that sounded like a lift and shift. We asked a lot of questions. He said there were notes on the reservation from the miami office of someone who had resolved previous problems on this res to “do whatever is possible for these loyal customers”.  So he was offering these. We chose #3. We don’t know which sailing so it was transferred to a future “dummy” sailing till we can decide. We will be in FL so we will wait.

So I am currently enjoying the Florida sunshine and not worrying about the what iffs at sea till I have to. 😁  Am I upset? Honestly not one bit. No regrets. There will be many to enjoy,

You made the right decision because it was right for you.  I don't want to start a debate either but I would have done the same as you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

The most important fact, you made the decision that works for you.  Enjoy sunny Florida, as I watch the snow fall here. 8” last night and more on the radar. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1