Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

yes I know that but your job is as just important as the doctors.

its 1:30am I’m wide awake after snoozing. Pain was getting elevated so they gave 2 OxyContin 5mg each. That is combined with a IV of Tramadol and Tordal. Pain is being managed well. Biggest PITA is that bladder is not waking up very well. I always feel like I got to go nut can’t empty my bladder takes forever.

I know that’s too much information that you need to know, but hey I’m an honest open book plus I’m on drugs🤪

Thank you for your comments. I will follow your orders. I do not want to disappoint you or I’ll get an earful on the Bella cruise.🥴

Ok enough of my boring rambling. Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

2A155706-717B-4098-9242-D1E9B6511E14.png

When your bladder and colon go to sleep, they don’t want to wake up again! They will eventually, nagged by the nursing staff who keep after them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm still cutting DHs hair, started in lockdown,getting pretty good at it now. Having said that I'm off to my expensive hairdresser this evening. Its my one luxury 😉

Dick has cut his own hair for several years. Did I mention his Scottish grandfather lived with them when he was growing up?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Photos from our Sunday walk.  Nice loop walk from Wynyard to Barangaroo restaurant precinct, along the water to Barangaroo Reserve, past the fingers wharves at The Rocks, under the Harbour Bridge to Circular Quay where we hopped on the light rail for a short trip back to Wynyard.  Was admiring the blossoms as we were walking home and this little guy popped up.

26AB4819-E14A-42B1-89F7-D786DBB9B528.jpeg

BB3131A4-EE33-44BF-AE3E-AFB117594260.jpeg

133D5FA0-E042-4E86-A80E-AA01BC2CDE19.jpeg

6C3A1C9E-D045-4C8F-A940-3A814C8F2BA8.jpeg

I absolutely love the plumage of Australian birds!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here is the first thing it says about air frying wings, how in the heck are you suppose to that? cook 4 wings at a time?

1.Place the wings in the fryer basket so they are not touching 

O jeez… I posted and it went into the ether.  

Frozen wings tend to be smaller, you can do 15+ easily in a batch.  I put them on a tray in the over to keep them warm while making another batch.  Do the same with fresh but because they are bigger do about 12 at a time.  When I finish all, I put them in a tub and cover with sauce and finish them for about 2 minutes at 400F in the oven.  

I agree it is easy to order from a restaurant.  I think mine are way healthier and better tasting.  Can do different finishing sauces.  Have done this every year during the playoffs while entertaining friends watching the game.  It is not all that labor intensive after you finish the trimming pre work.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

look I’m reading a bike!

Keep up the good work, Greg.   Me, I stick with reading books instead. 😂😂

This morning, we had a short burst of snow that made the roads horrible. So we decided to go for a drive to a park, and walk in the snow.  Saw a couple of interesting wrecks along the way.  One was a pickup truck facing the wrong way, perched on top of a giant snow pile.  The police were trying to figure how to get him down off of it. 

Found these couple of refugees from Ottawa.  They said they were here because they outlawed honking up there. 

D64441C3-CDE8-4380-BCE2-D0F412BFE338.thumb.jpeg.2ac8e8f6f8567214b420f1f03498c523.jpeg

I thought it was neat that we came across this “Sled Shed” at the top of a sled riding hill.  No need to bring your own. Just pick one to use and return it. 

F6CEB22A-5841-4D79-B123-73883AFFCC1B.thumb.jpeg.9bce00e69f3b53e298a864d94942a293.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Tax question for Florida members here?

Do you file state income tax forms living in Florida?

Reason I ask is my Wife works from home for a company that is based in Florida. We know we don't file in Virginia, but does she have to file a Florida return................she does have Florida income tax taken out of her check every week?( Should the company she works for be taking out income tax out of her checks?)

Anybody know how that works, Living in Virginia, working for a company in Florida?

Well, because you pay income taxes for the state you're a resident of, not where the company is. So, as a VA state resident, she has to pay VA state income taxes.  So, they should be taking VA taxes out and as others have said FL doesn't have state income tax.  It's one of the main reasons, besides the weather that people retire there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If you have any experience with frozen pizza, I’m looking for recommendations!  I prefer a thin crust pizza.  Our previous oven…old age…couldn’t get it hot enough to cook pizza…now with a new oven I’m ready to enjoy pizza again!!!

Unfortunately,  while I do love thin crust pizza, my oven does not.  Always seems to come out burnt or undercooked. Or the crust burnt & the cheese half melted. 

Having said that, I've always had luck with Red Baron & DiGiorno regular & rising crust so maybe your oven will have better luck than mine with their thin crust versions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Unfortunately,  while I do love thin crust pizza, my oven does not.  Always seems to come out burnt or undercooked. Or the crust burnt & the cheese half melted. 

Having said that, I've always had luck with Red Baron & DiGiorno regular & rising crust so maybe your oven will have better luck than mine with their thin crust versions. 

My oven used to do that with thin crust.  Now I heat up the pizza pan before putting the pizza on it.  Bake it, but then the last three minutes I turn on the broiler and it makes the cheese nice and bubbly without over cooking the bottom crust. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous kitties🐱   looks like everyone gets along really well!

They get along pretty good, sometimes though Jessie picks on Lucy. But Cody protects her when that happens and kind of pushes Jessie away from her.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

O jeez… I posted and it went into the ether.  

Frozen wings tend to be smaller, you can do 15+ easily in a batch.  I put them on a tray in the over to keep them warm while making another batch.  Do the same with fresh but because they are bigger do about 12 at a time.  When I finish all, I put them in a tub and cover with sauce and finish them for about 2 minutes at 400F in the oven.  

I agree it is easy to order from a restaurant.  I think mine are way healthier and better tasting.  Can do different finishing sauces.  Have done this every year during the playoffs while entertaining friends watching the game.  It is not all that labor intensive after you finish the trimming pre work.  

This is the 1 we have  https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-5-8-Quarts-Electric-Recipes/dp/B0777RJG6D/ref=asc_df_B0777RJG6D/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198060165080&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14034642364695158924&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008817&hvtargid=pla-387097829003&psc=1

Think we used it one time with drum sticks. Didn't like the way they came out, either didn't cook them long enough and I know we didn't put them in the oven after using the cooker. Came out wet.

Maybe cooking them twice in cooker, turning over after the first time is the trick I was missing too.

Just put in some frozen chicken tenders at 380 degrees for 15 minutes and will see what happens to them.

Edit: Just took them out, they were pretty good, could probably do with the temp down about 15 degrees though but they still were edible and tasted good.

Now a trip to the barber shop and to the store to see what I can find

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, because you pay income taxes for the state you're a resident of, not where the company is. So, as a VA state resident, she has to pay VA state income taxes.  So, they should be taking VA taxes out and as others have said FL doesn't have state income tax.  It's one of the main reasons, besides the weather that people retire there.

Well getting conflicting reports here............Virginia Taxation on Facebook said no need to file since pay check is from Florida. Never said or asked how much she made, just no need to file........

H &R Block guy on phone said only file it total income is over $23,000.............she only worked there for like the last 3 months of 2021.........So her total income is about 21,000..................we are only talking about $245 with held.

It's a cluster $$!! no matter what we do.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Dick has cut his own hair for several years. Did I mention his Scottish grandfather lived with them when he was growing up?

I started cutting my own hair years ago too.  Sharon helps trim up the back of my head.  I need to cut it again soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

😂

I thought it was neat that we came across this “Sled Shed” at the top of a sled riding hill.  No need to bring your own. Just pick one to use and return it. 

F6CEB22A-5841-4D79-B123-73883AFFCC1B.thumb.jpeg.9bce00e69f3b53e298a864d94942a293.jpeg

What a great idea 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Well getting conflicting reports here............Virginia Taxation on Facebook said no need to file since pay check is from Florida. Never said or asked how much she made, just no need to file........

H &R Block guy on phone said only file it total income is over $23,000.............she only worked there for like the last 3 months of 2021.........So her total income is about 21,000..................we are only talking about $245 with held.

The 23K would only apply if she files individually if that's even correct.  If you file jointly, you have to report all income.  I've never heard of a paycheck coming from another state not being taxable in the state you are a resident of.  Lots of companies are located in different states/countries but you still have to report income. 

There's got to be an accountant on here who would know.  H&R Block employees are just using software when they do taxes and I wouldn't count on them knowing all the ins and outs.

Here's a little info I found.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/taxes/virginia-state-tax

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is the 1 we have  https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-5-8-Quarts-Electric-Recipes/dp/B0777RJG6D/ref=asc_df_B0777RJG6D/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198060165080&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14034642364695158924&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008817&hvtargid=pla-387097829003&psc=1

Think we used it one time with drum sticks. Didn't like the way they came out, either didn't cook them long enough and I know we didn't put them in the oven after using the cooker. Came out wet.

Maybe cooking them twice in cooker, turning over after the first time is the trick I was missing too.

Just put in some frozen chicken tenders at 380 degrees for 15 minutes and will see what happens to them.

Edit: Just took them out, they were pretty good, could probably do with the temp down about 15 degrees though but they still were edible and tasted good.

Now a trip to the barber shop and to the store to see what I can find

If you have a convection oven you can use it as an air fryer.    This way you can fit a lot more in your oven then a countertop air fryer.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

We love thin crust.  What we do to make it work is preheat the oven to 550° with a stone in it.  Usually is done in 7 to 8 minutes.  I am preheating it now to have some for lunch!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

For Virginia if the combined adjusted income for married joint filing couples is over $23,900 then you must file, for single person filings the limit is $11,950.

Florida is one of the 8 states that does not have state income tax and I do not see any reason for her to have to file a separate state return for FL.    

Since you have lived in VA for more than 183 days in 2021 you are now considered full time residents of VA and should only have to file VA state tax return.   The tax rate will vary based on your income bracket.    Looks like income greater than $17,001 is taxed at 5.75% for VA. 

• Like 1