Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 2/9/2022 at 3:12 PM, dani negreanu said:

Being so tired, I’ve posted first on Bella’s thread, and I don’t know how to copy it…. Sorry 😢 

Don't feel bad. I was reading this one until someone (John or you?) posted a link to Bella’s thread. I had already quoted Jimbo about his cats on here before I clicked on the Bella link. After quoting someone on there I posted only to have Jimbo's quote being posted over there also. 😸

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So what does that mean, pizza is free?

I had free pizza from Sorrentos last night, but that wasn't on pizza day whatever that is. I'll bet you miss it. 😁

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Note to self while on OxyContin;

Do not drink from bottle on left! 😜 

700DEB30-04B8-40AB-BC03-5D4811723342.thumb.jpeg.ae0c8cf1ef453d1dff64736e66e2aeb6.jpeg

Yikes, I wouldn't even have them near each other in fear of getting them mixed up. It would not taste like lemonade. 😬

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Its 4am. I only doze about 2-3 hours at a time before the nurse comes in for vitals and pain meds.

A872B72A-CCEE-4C53-9A4C-73A2623E8C61.thumb.jpeg.a3ac0b627debf6ec16b912dcaae57e0d.jpeg

I hope this is not too boring to people.  I’d rather be talking cruise ships. If anyone wants me to quit hogging the screen let me know. Linda says when I get drunk I get real happy chatty, no different with the pain meds  so forgive me for my finger saga of the Sea Dog knee.

Keep posting. You aren't boring me and I'm sure no one else. I'm the same as you, I'm also a happy chatty person when I've had a few and then I just want to sleep. It is bad when you are very tired and they keep waking you up. What's worse is when you can't go back to sleep but still very tired. Also you aren't hogging the screen you are kneeing it. 🦵 🥃

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hello from Dubai,

Greg, glad you’re posting and “joking” with your nurses.

No easy feat to be a tourist again… 😁 After 2.5 years of no travel abroad, we kinda lost “our touch”… We’re big fans of public transportation, buses and metros, mingling with locals. Now DH opted for taxis only, it’s slower and different.

Dubai is a big city and the attractions are quite spread out. Our original plan was for DH to take one or two tours for amateur photographers, to “hit” all the photo opp stops. After overcoming all the hoops before the trip, he read again the “small letters” prior to booking and ONLY then realized that someone will take pics of him and not vice versa. A big “no-no” for him….

So now we kinda of improvise, but all is good. We’re “breathing” again and yesterday we went to one of our fav chains — Wagamama — for a bit of ramen. Today — a Greek giro.

I’ve picked an excellent hotel at a very reasonable rate (for Dubai, that is) and refundable to boot. I’ve rebooked every time the rates dropped (from 6100 AED to 4100 AED) for 5 nights, including an excellent buffet breakfast. I rely a lot on TripAdvisor and the reviews didn’t disappoint. This morning I ate my 1st eggs Benedict and not on a cruise.

Since I’m with my IPad and IPhone, I’ll posts the pics separately, from the IPhone. Today we visited the Magical Gardens. I’m a “sucker” for flowers and the gardens were indeed magic.

Also a pic from our room, Dubai at night.

Glad to hear you are in a good hotel. The gardens look beautiful. I would definitely be in my happy place amoung all the flowers. Have a blast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is Jim over his covid cold?   When is your cruise?

Yes he is, Debbie, thank you! I again tested Negative yesterday.

Our cruise is two weeks from tomorrow, February 25th.  I'm getting excited!  Now, we just have to pass our tests on the 23rd.🤞🙏

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Making progress. I’ve already been up a walked a little bit with the walker. 

B61B53F7-E6D2-463B-901B-FC651D063472.thumb.jpeg.168df6965a6d86d56bcfd328cb786b10.jpeg

Getting up and walking is just what the doctor ordered.  Great to hear, Greg!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This is the 1 we have  https://www.amazon.com/GoWISE-USA-5-8-Quarts-Electric-Recipes/dp/B0777RJG6D/ref=asc_df_B0777RJG6D/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198060165080&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14034642364695158924&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008817&hvtargid=pla-387097829003&psc=1

Think we used it one time with drum sticks. Didn't like the way they came out, either didn't cook them long enough and I know we didn't put them in the oven after using the cooker. Came out wet.

Maybe cooking them twice in cooker, turning over after the first time is the trick I was missing too.

Just put in some frozen chicken tenders at 380 degrees for 15 minutes and will see what happens to them.

Edit: Just took them out, they were pretty good, could probably do with the temp down about 15 degrees though but they still were edible and tasted good.

Now a trip to the barber shop and to the store to see what I can find

Mine is a Philips bought it 6 or 7 years ago at Williams Sonoma.  It basically has 3 temps 330 360 and 390.   I turn them after 5 minutes, after that I just shake them around in the basket, don’t worry about them being level after initial round.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Greg.

One of Pauline's good friends had both knees done last year within 6 months of each other privately because they were bone on bone and the stitching was like this but they healed quickly and she is out of pain and moving well so all the best you will be fine.

Graham.

thank you Graham, your comments give me comfort.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That looks very painful but should feel better soon.   

I think you mentioned in your early morning post they have you taking Tramadol.     Your nausea could be from Tramadol.      Eric had that once 2 or 3 years ago and was vomiting within a matter of hours.      Then last year they gave to him again for his shoulder/arm and sure enough within a matter of hours he was violently sick.  It is now on our list of meds to never take again.   Then they gave him percocet or vicadin.

May want to ask about the tramadol.   

I was taking the Tramadol before getting nauseous. I started feeling it I took the Oxycondone. Maybe that was the culprit. Feeling better tonight.

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Don't feel bad. I was reading this one until someone (John or you?) posted a link to Bella’s thread. I had already quoted Jimbo about his cats on here before I clicked on the Bella link. After quoting someone on there I posted only to have Jimbo's quote being posted over there also.

I had free pizza from Sorrentos last night, but that wasn't on pizza day whatever that is. I'll bet you miss it. 😁

Yikes, I wouldn't even have them near each other in fear of getting them mixed up. It would not taste like lemonade. 😬

Keep posting. You aren't boring me and I'm sure no one else. I'm the same as you, I'm also a happy chatty person when I've had a few and then I just want to sleep. It is bad when you are very tired and they keep waking you up. What's worse is when you can't go back to sleep but still very tired. Also you aren't hogging the screen you are kneeing it. 🦵 🥃

Glad to hear you are in a good hotel. The gardens look beautiful. I would definitely be in my happy place amoung all the flowers. Have a blast.

Thank you believe me I won’t make that mistake.

46 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes he is, Debbie, thank you! I again tested Negative yesterday.

Our cruise is two weeks from tomorrow, February 25th.  I'm getting excited!  Now, we just have to pass our tests on the 23rd.🤞🙏

Getting up and walking is just what the doctor ordered.  Great to hear, Greg!

Thank you  Maryann!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Taking it easy for dinner tonight since I was nauseated this morning. Chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup sounded good even with soup and cracker.

Think you need a nice night cap tonight and then all good in the morning. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I did our check in this morning for our March 27 Harmony cruise. I did it at 8:30am, because I wanted earliest check in. I got 11:00am, because I’d rather sit in the terminal knowing we’re okay than sit on the side of the bed in a hotel room worrying that I’ll start a cold on the way to PC. 
I am so ready to walk onto that ship!

We had 11 for our Harmony cruise in Nov and arrived around 1055 and literally walked right into the terminal and onto the ship, after showing our vaccine cards and tests a couple of times and checking in.  We were onboard by 1115.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not exactly Chops or Giovanni’s but had to take easy on my stomach. Chicken noodle soup was progresso canned soup. Actually wasn’t bad. Chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup always tastes good.

A9534108-8864-4EC1-8F45-5653BF5D8F56.thumb.jpeg.b9767d38a093565f728b1c2622898a72.jpeg

Will you be going home tomorrow, Greg?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Will you be going home tomorrow, Greg?

Yes it was touch and go since the insurance company said they would only pay for one night. But since they are doing this as out patient they are keeping me for Medical Observation. They say that normally I insurance will cover it but they could guarantee it. Which is worrisome. Hopefully they will or we can try and have Medicare pick it up. Else case if the insurance company denies we can appeal. Luckily Linda is a great lawyer and persuade them to pay for it. It’s so frustrating that insurance companies would make the decisions than your doctors that are taking care of you.

• Like 13

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I use a Wahl trimmer to trim my beard short.   I won it several years ago, along with several other prizes in the man-of-the-year contest to find the best beard in the US.  I entered on a whim for the Pittsburgh Area, and won the best beard for our area.  It then moved on to the nationals, with the winners from the 13 regions competing for the “best beard” title.  

I finished in second place to someone from, of all places, Kansas City.  I think someone stuffed the ballot box, because when I saw what the winning beard looked like, that was not a beard.

Oh well, my brush with fame. 😂😂

At one time my beard reached my stomach and my hair which was in a ponytail went down to my belt.When I first grew the beard I had red hair,later on reddish brown hair and I liked the way it looked.For the past 10 years I have had white hair and when it gets long I do not like it.

• Like 5

Today has been a little stressful.  We are scheduled to board Odyssey on Saturday, so we had to get our covid tests today.  I was nervous about it because two months ago we were tested in order to board our Anthem cruise, and Andy tested positive (no symptoms).  I was fearful that this time it could be me testing positive, even though I feel fine.  Fortunately, we both were negative today.  Whew.

Once we got the good news, I allowed myself to pack and I started to relax.  That is, until our pet sitter for Marcel (our 14 yr old kitty) called at 6 pm and said she was in the emergency room, facing possible surgery, and couldn't pet sit for us.  Panic set in. Fortunately, my son and his wife stepped up and said they would take care of Marcel.  Whew again.   

So tomorrow morning we board our flight to FLL, and Saturday we step onto a beautiful new ship.  We are ready for a vacation!

• Like 31

5 minutes ago, derorim said:

Today has been a little stressful.  We are scheduled to board Odyssey on Saturday, so we had to get our covid tests today.  I was nervous about it because two months ago we were tested in order to board our Anthem cruise, and Andy tested positive (no symptoms).  I was fearful that this time it could be me testing positive, even though I feel fine.  Fortunately, we both were negative today.  Whew.

Once we got the good news, I allowed myself to pack and I started to relax.  That is, until our pet sitter for Marcel (our 14 yr old kitty) called at 6 pm and said she was in the emergency room, facing possible surgery, and couldn't pet sit for us.  Panic set in. Fortunately, my son and his wife stepped up and said they would take care of Marcel.  Whew again.   

So tomorrow morning we board our flight to FLL, and Saturday we step onto a beautiful new ship.  We are ready for a vacation!

Glad to hear it all worked out for you.  I hope you have a great cruise. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, derorim said:

Happy it’s working out for you.  It can be crazy all the way to boarding but once you step on you will love it.. Have a safe and enjoyable journey!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

We had 11 for our Harmony cruise in Nov and arrived around 1055 and literally walked right into the terminal and onto the ship, after showing our vaccine cards and tests a couple of times and checking in.  We were onboard by 1115.  

After I finished checking in on my iPhone, it took hours for validating  our vaccination cards, but it’s done!

My big aggravating problem is my husband. 
His first photo had more of the kitchen behind than his face. The next three were practically up his nose because I said the first one was too far away. 
He refused to take another one, so he kind of looks like the thing that walks at night, or Freddy Krueger’s cousin. 
I guess it’s ok, because mine looks like I’ve been taking Sea Dog’s meds…an over abundance!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, derorim said:

Enjoy every minute. Walking into the ship is always such a blissful feeling!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Took them hours to validate our vaccination cards, but it’s done!

My big problem is my husband. 
His first photo had more of the kitchen behind than his face. The next three were practically up his nose because I said the first one was too far away. 
He refused to take another one, so he kind of looks like the thing that walks at night, or Freddy Krueger’s cousin. 
I guess it’s ok, because mine looks like I’ve been taking Sea Dog’s meds…an over abundance!

I used ones we took a couple of years ago against a wall in our house.  They've been accepted on a couple of cruises and worked for Harmony too.  They'll just retake yours if needed.

• Like 3